"Never Again"

This is a discussion of Never Again, a 4-chapter story in the "Other High School Stories" listings.

Obviously, anyone who has not yet read the story might not want to read this because it may contain spoilers.

(I'm actually kind of surprised that, given this a forum concerning stories, there are so few actual discussions of specific stories here.)

So, my overall comment is that this story brings angst to a whole new level. But I could identify with Danny's stubbornness, and his decision to put up walls, even if they seemed self-destructive.

Eddie's role in the story was interesting. There was another thread about sub-plots, and he may well qualify as one. What was weird for me is that point in chapter 3 where Eddie tells of losing his father, and why he goes to the zoo, seemed like it should be a great lesson for Danny about coming to terms with past events, but Danny took exactly the wrong lesson from it! Instead of reconciling himself to "the way things were," and deciding to close that chapter in his life (as Eddie had learned to do), he became convinced that all he had to do was talk at Adam and Adam would come back! I'm sure every reader felt like slapping him.

It was also pretty funny in chapter 4 when Eddie turned around and thanked Danny for giving him the courage to talk to "flapjacks" when of course Danny had no idea that was happening. Another sub-plot twist.

I couldn't really tell what it was, finally, in chapter 4, that caused Danny to do his 180 and finally put some distance between himself and Adam. It seemed like he had already had innumerable occasions of reality trying its best to hit him over the head. Why it suddenly sank in this time is unclear, but it's good that it did. Brice was such a good egg, and far more worthy of Danny's affection.

Danny's mom kind of vanished from the story in the last two chapters (especially chapter 4). It left me curious as to whether she ever changed anything about how she dealt with Danny (for example, paying more attention to him and less to the cell phone), what became of his trashed bedroom and possessions, whether he ever came out to her and revealed his relationship with Brice, etc. Since the final paragraphs are written from the perspective of "years later," presumably she must have figured out something by then.

Anyway, I'm glad that Danny finally decided to open up and take the risk of getting close to Brice.

A

((Hugz)) Thanks Ag! :)

Wow...you know what, I seriously have to go and re-read that story myelf, now that you mention it. It has been a long time. Hehehe, I toss stories aside like a footbll before I get tackled for the chance to start on another one sometimes! :P

I DO remember what I was going through when I wrote it though. Rought times. I doubt that particular boy ever thought about me again, which sucks because I really cared for him something awful. But you know...not meant to be. Life goes on.

If you liked this one, you might like "Save Or Sacrifice", Ag! (That one's also 'finished'!) I was ACHING with heartbreak when I wrote that one! LOL! But the story, I think, came out pretty close to how I wanted it to. So I'm sorta 'proud' of that one. ::Ego Moment::

Ps- I'd love to discuss more stories on this board! Sounds great! Not just MINE all the time, of course! Hehehe! But if you guys have any suggestions...let us know! From GA, Nifty, AwesomeDude, The Fort, The Chat Shack, wherever!

If you liked this one, you might like "Save Or Sacrifice", Ag! (That one's also 'finished'!) I was ACHING with heartbreak when I wrote that one! LOL! But the story, I think, came out pretty close to how I wanted it to. So I'm sorta 'proud' of that one. ::Ego Moment::

I'm on the first chapter of "Save or Sacrifice." Having just had a glorious sexual encounter myself earlier today, I was definitely in the right mood to read about Cory's initial sexcapades with Chandler . . . it was kind of like reliving my own! B) I'm envious, though -- I certainly never found anyone that sexy and that willing when I was in high school! I was way too shy and way too afraid to take a chance of being "exposed."

So I'll check back when I'm farther along.

A

:o A sexual encounter??? With WHO? DETAILS!!! Hehehe! GO or it, man! ::Giggles::

Heehe was it with Elijah Wood? He's soooo cute! LOL!

I got to meet him once...his eyes really ARE that blue! Mmmmmm!

:o A sexual encounter??? With WHO? DETAILS!!! Hehehe! GO or it, man! ::Giggles::

Heehe was it with Elijah Wood? He's soooo cute! LOL!

I got to meet him once...his eyes really ARE that blue! Mmmmmm!

Well, it was with a guy my age who I met a week ago and we've been trying to find the right time to get together ever since. I won't get into the X-rated details here (I'll email you if you want), but let's just say that after a lo-o-ong time of making out and mutual teasing and stroking, I got on top in a 69 position and found just the right combination of hand and mouth so that he blew right through the roof. It seemed like he came for five minutes. And he was working on me, doing all my favorite things. And I mean all. And I made a mess. :P

I love Elijah Wood, and I love looking at hot pictures of young guys, but I think I feel most comfortable with people that are closer to my own age. Which is not to say that I don't have a very good friend who's about 15 years younger than me, and really knows how to drive me crazy, so I guess I can't rule out clicking with someone even younger if all the right elements fell into place.

Hope that's enough detail to satisfy your salacious curiosity for the time being. B)

A

• 2 weeks later...

No one seems to wanna reply Agincourt so I'll write a small bit here thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I read this story many times (as with all of Comsie's stories) and I can understand the emotions Danny is experiencing entirely - has happened to me here in real life countless times, the jealousy you get when you see the person you like flirting/with someone else.

I felt that Adam's behaviour here was very odd and suspicious - why did he just suddenly stop talking to Danny one day and ignore him completely thereafter? That was bizarre and very hurtful behaviour in my opinion and I can understand why Danny was holding on to a certain that things would turn out okay - since he didn't get any real "finality" in their relationship.

I agree 100% with what Agincourt said about Brice being much better for Danny - a hundred times more worthy of his affection than Adam ever was, considering how quickly he dropped him, I don't think he really loved him that much.

As always, I'm only speculating - I dunno how long ago Com wrote this but what are your thoughts on this? Why was Adam acting so oddly to the boy he supposedly loved?

• Like 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..