Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Cj's best story

I want to read a story by CJ, as most people often says good things about his writing. Which one should I start with? Any recommendation?

Out of the complete stories I would suggest a short story Category 5

Then the Series "Let the Music Play"

I also recommend CJ's Let the Music Play followed by its sequel Changing Lanes.

His current story is Circumnavigation; it's excellent. It isn't finished, if that bothers you. He posts regularly, so IMO it isn't a problem but I know others who want a story to be finished before they start reading chapter 1.

His home page is http://cjames.gayauthors.org/index.php.

Colin B)

I concur with the previous recommendations. Another great story is Jake, which is currently being released as a premium story. It is a real departure from CJ's other stories and will quickly become a favorite of many readers.

I want to read a story by CJ, as most people often says good things about his writing. Which one should I start with? Any recommendation?

B)............ I somewhat disagree, the first story I'd read is 'For The Love' a love story with a reminiscences to the Dukes of Hazzard, with a very evil kid named 'Eric' :angry: CJ, captures the humor of the of the bumbling Reverend and Sheriff that entice 'Evil' little Eric along with their plan. I would then progress to his novel of 'Let The Music Play' (with a somewhat reluctant and amiss 'hero' named Eric :blink:) followed by 'Changing Lanes' the Author turns the stories very well into creating a mystery still with the love but keeping the intrigue alive. The setting being with a truly evil person, bent on conquest only to be derailed by a 'Boy Band'. The short stories are great but lead into a different direction of his previous works, an older genre if you will. Circumnavigation, his latest novel is very interesting in a departure that leaves the reader to ask themselves 'who dunnit' type of story with 'sparse clues' while taking a great trip around the world.

That said, CJ has promised to re-visit 'For The Love' with a sequel 0:) !!!!

• Site Moderator

I concur with the previous recommendations. Another great story is Jake, which is currently being released as a premium story. It is a real departure from CJ's other stories and will quickly become a favorite of many readers.

Even tho Jake is currently in the Premium section, you can get a feel for it by reading the Anthology entry, Three For Jake.

• Site Administrator

I would never read ANYTHING written by a goat mad.gif

Just kidding, or is it kiding :):D:P:lol:

I would agree with Benji, I always thought For The Love as one of my favourites. It was the story that got me addicted to his writing :)

I would never read ANYTHING written by a goat mad.gif

Is that because he loves to eat his paper - forgetting he has strong desire to eat paper sprinkled with ink

ie: Paper written Story and Paper notes

I have read all the stories except Jake which I can't afford to. You can't go wrong with any story you pick. Just be prepared to spend time reading because it's hard to stop.

Hi Warrior, and welcome to the forum!

The only suggestion I can make is don't start with Changing Lanes, because it is a sequel to Let the Music Play.

Also, my short stories are, in some cases, a bit odd. Okay, in some cases, very odd. They are where I try new things, ranging from horror to satire to non-fiction, and some are well liked, others aren't. My own favorite would be Category 5, which is an adventure story.

B)............ I somewhat disagree, the first story I'd read is 'For The Love' a love story with a reminiscences to the Dukes of Hazzard, with a very evil kid named 'Eric' :angry: CJ, captures the humor of the of the bumbling Reverend and Sheriff that entice 'Evil' little Eric along with their plan. I would then progress to his novel of 'Let The Music Play' (with a somewhat reluctant and amiss 'hero' named Eric :blink:) followed by 'Changing Lanes' the Author turns the stories very well into creating a mystery still with the love but keeping the intrigue alive. The setting being with a truly evil person, bent on conquest only to be derailed by a 'Boy Band'. The short stories are great but lead into a different direction of his previous works, an older genre if you will. Circumnavigation, his latest novel is very interesting in a departure that leaves the reader to ask themselves 'who dunnit' type of story with 'sparse clues' while taking a great trip around the world.

That said, CJ has promised to re-visit 'For The Love' with a sequel 0:) !!!!

Benji, how can you call FTL's poor, misunderstood Eric evil? :blink: I thought he was one of your favorite characters? :wub:

BTW, for anyone who hasn't read them yet, I should point out that the Eric's in FTL and Let the Music Play are very different people. There's no crossover between the stories. :)

And yep, an FTL sequel is likely to be the next story for my site, after Circumnavigation wraps. :) It won't be a long story, just a few chapters probably (Hrmm, I said that about Circumnavigation...). The working title is "CHARGE!"

[/size]

Is that because he loves to eat his paper - forgetting he has strong desire to eat paper sprinkled with ink

ie: Paper written Story and Paper notes

My favorite snacks while writing. 0:)

I have read all the stories except Jake which I can't afford to. You can't go wrong with any story you pick. Just be prepared to spend time reading because it's hard to stop.

Hi Slug,

Thanks!!! :)

I think that after its completion in Premium, it will spent some time there before it get moved to CJ's site.

I have no idea if Jake will be posted to my main site. It's in Premium for as long as it's wanted there, and I won't post it to my site while it's in premium.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..