Cole Parker is Brilliant

I love the stories of Cole Parker at Awesome Dude and none better than this one.

Courage

B).........Oh, I agree Cole has many stories that I love, always look forward to see him posting a new one! His 'On The High Plains Of Wyoming' was a great recent read.

Edited by Benji

Here is part of the email I sent Cole after I read Courage......

"I hate you sometimes..... (this was the topic line of the email)

...... because you make me cry and I feel like such a wussy when I cry, but Courage was such a beautiful story I couldn't help but cry.

Well I lied.

I don't hate you that you make me cry. I was going to say I hate you because you have the talent to touch me so deeply it makes me cry, but that really is just jealousy, pure and simple, the old green eyed monster."

Courage truly is a beautiful story, I've read most of his stuff and this is among his best work.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

I agree. Cole is definitely in my top ten authors that I've read between here and AD.

I always found it interesting how his writing can appeal to all ages. Some stories seem to be geared towards early teens, yet still have the story and plot to attract an older reader too.

It was Cole's early postings at Nifty that got me interested in writing in the first place. Cole is a brilliant writer with an amazing ability to come up with story ideas I could have never conceived myself. He can be a bit stubborn at times, as can I, but no one would ever accuse him of failing to entertain. Quite often he moves me to tears. IMO he is the best of the best. :worship:

• 1 month later...

yes that one had me captivated, i hated DDG at first but find i cant stop reading, cole is truly an amazing author.

Yeah, Duck Duck Goose was pretty good. He is a great author. I'm totally hooked on his stories. I'm reading Josh, Evolving at the moment. It's good so far too.

I find myself liking him about as much as Dom!

Edited by Tiger

Nobody has mentioned 'On the High Plains of Wyoming' a very beautiful short story by Cole.

on edit -- My mistake - James mentioned it

Edited by Eddy
  • 2 weeks later...

I love the stories of Cole Parker at Awesome Dude and none better than this one.

Courage

And this was a revelation?

Cole rocks. Like Josh Maxwell also of Awesomedude. Who wrote Jeet, The least of these and a few others. Paul Shroder is another with Minky's world. Great writers All.

Next to GA, Awesomedude, IOMFATS.org and SCREEVE.org are the best.

• 9 years later...

I Googled Cole Parker to find his stories faster and this thread was one of the first results.

Courage has a new link. The one in the original poster doesn't work anymore.

Almost ten years from the first post and it's still a great story and Cole still turns them out.

• Like 1