Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

MIllennium

Will would not be an emo in Malibu.

Posted Image

Psh, he can be a one-of the kind emo surfer.

Like Fergus(Xavier Samuel) from Newcastle. In the film, he dyed his hair black with purple highlights and painted nails.

Posted Image

I can see Will as a guy who hangs out with emo kids and even shops at Hot Topic, but I don't see him fully embracing the scene. I can see Will as a guy who pretty much can hang out with anyone.

Zach's a football player...I've NEVER met a football jock who did the emo boy thing.

Ops, missed out that Zach is a football player. But it's just so cute to have a surfer pursuing an emo boy (instead of the other way around)! (Refer to the picture above).

Besides Zach is young, it's quite plausible that he stops playing football and turn emo. LOL.

I don't know. I kinda want Zach to be someone who's actually a future NFLer. Since they're in a generation where coming out isn't as major of a drama, I was thinking it'd be interesting to explore someone who HAS to stay in the closet because they're in a world that's behind in terms of acceptance of homosexuality. There isn't really going to be any kind of coming-out drama to mine with Will, so maybe if we had instead an aspiring professional football player instead to represent that?

Added points if Zach winds up with the Arizona Cardinals and Kurt "I Point To God" Warner.

As for Will, this is how I picture Will and his general look:

Posted Image

Laidback jeans, t-shirt and hoodie kind of guy. Probably wearing Converse. Also some DC gear as well...

I like the thought of him dressing like this, precisely because I know it would drive Claire mad. LOL.

He'll definitely have pierced ears as well...maybe even gauges? I could see Brad and the older guys in the story cringing when gauges start coming in.

Edited by methodwriter85

Chapter 69 was so good...

I think Brad helping out Elizabeth Danfield is going to give them just all kinds of extra benefits that they are just starting to realize. I know that the Tech Bubble begin to burst in March of 2000 and then accelerated with the US vs. Microsoft decision in mid April of that year. I believe the Tech stockes lost almost half their value by the end of 2000. They made a brief rally in early 2001 then fell in June, July, and August of 2001, the tech market actually fell more that year befor Sept 11, 2001 then afterward.

Keep up the great work...

Well, Chapter 70 was excellent...

I loved how the board meeting went, you could just tell that old man Pfinster had no idea that anyone was really going to stand up and stop him, he thought he was gonna be able to stay in control. I can't believe someone that ran a company for decades didn't know better, wonder if there is some dementia there. On top of that, if he already bought into Omega but was still doing business at Triton, there are certain SEC and other organizations that would have a fit about that.

I love how much Brad and Robbie mean to each other now, they just seem so much more solid than ever before. I agree with some of the comments from Mark's yahoo group that the last scene was excellent as well...

I really like this story line of corporate life incorporated into the story. This is really the first time since " The Land Whore " that we had a full dose of the business life that some in the family has excelled at.

Keep up the great work, Mark...

Well, Chapter 70 was excellent...

I loved how the board meeting went, you could just tell that old man Pfinster had no idea that anyone was really going to stand up and stop him, he thought he was gonna be able to stay in control. I can't believe someone that ran a company for decades didn't know better, wonder if there is some dementia there. On top of that, if he already bought into Omega but was still doing business at Triton, there are certain SEC and other organizations that would have a fit about that.

I love how much Brad and Robbie mean to each other now, they just seem so much more solid than ever before. I agree with some of the comments from Mark's yahoo group that the last scene was excellent as well...

I really like this story line of corporate life incorporated into the story. This is really the first time since " The Land Whore " that we had a full dose of the business life that some in the family has excelled at.

Keep up the great work, Mark...

Thanks! I think that Elliot is so used to getting his way, and so used to dominating people, he was genuinely shocked that it didn't work this time.

• Like 2

I have a feeling that Alexandria's lot got worse when she got Elliot ( not a big prize) and Brad got Elizabeth ( a woman with a mission). God help the bad guys. Of course Alex may have a some cards to play. The warriors haven't even started their plan yet. The only sad thing is that I can see the end of the Millennium. It has been the best book so far. Think back to the beginning and see how far we have traveled and only a few months. Great writing Great story!!! :2thumbs:

Edited by rjo
  • Like 1

Chapter 69 was so good...

I think Brad helping out Elizabeth Danfield is going to give them just all kinds of extra benefits that they are just starting to realize. I know that the Tech Bubble begin to burst in March of 2000 and then accelerated with the US vs. Microsoft decision in mid April of that year. I believe the Tech stockes lost almost half their value by the end of 2000. They made a brief rally in early 2001 then fell in June, July, and August of 2001, the tech market actually fell more that year befor Sept 11, 2001 then afterward.

Keep up the great work...

The Nasdaq hit it's "closing " high on March 10,2000 at 5,048.62 although it actually had hit a high of 5132.52 during daily trading. By December 31,2000 the Nasdaq had fallen to 2,470.52, having lost over half of it's value in less than 10 months.

Edited by KYE

Chapter 70 was a very interesting and I felt a very valuable chapter to the story for several reasons.

First is the boardroom battle drama that was important and played out very well with some excitment. Then during the plane flight with Stef and Brad it is realized that Brad has come into his own in the Corporate world. Not just an associate of Stef's but now an actual leader in the business world of his own right. We also see that Brad would have had a hard time achieving to this level and confidence in the Corporate world without the strength he draws from Robbie and their renewed relationship.

We see the desperation of Brad to be by Robbie's side to support him with the first big milestone in returning Anders-Hayes to it's height and power in the Hollywood Movie world. Showing that Robbie and Brad need each other to actually fully succeed.

I'm not into the whole S&M thing, but the double penetration with Brad and Robbie being more into each other than into Aaron was loving and erotic. But I saw that actual scene as more of the conflicts Brad and Robbie now have in being with someone besides themselves. After Brad and Robbie reconciled they talked about getting back to being monogamous again. It would seem that this was an important step in that process for them with Brad not really wanting to be a part of this S&M scene Cody seems to be forcing them into. So I am sure for many readers the graphic sex was important, to me the conflicts it created were more important to the story.

For me this chapter also just re-enforced my dislike of Cody. He knows what Brad and Robbie have been through and where they are in rebuilding their relationship. But he again is a selfish prick by pulling Brad and Robbie into another sexual situation they really do not want to be in. Add this to the episode where he got them high on E and involved in bareback sex with dragging himself and Kevin into Brad and Robbie's most private intimate sexual experience of fisting while they are high. I continue to think of him as poison and selfish. I started feeling his way about Cody in the story "Bloodlines" with his selfishness and games he played with Matt and Brian. I blame Cody as a participate for the way Brian turned out as a selfish evil person. Cody causes issues with other people and their feelings but never seems to take resposibility for any fall out of his actions.

I realize that Cody is one of Mark's favorite characters (boo,,, hisss) :angry: , LOL. This chapter shows for me how successful Mark has been in character development with his story because I can see each character in my mind and develop an opinion or emotion of each of them based upon how I see their actions. I am sure we each may see those actions in different ways.

Edited by KYE

Chapter 70 was a very interesting and I felt a very valuable chapter to the story for several reasons.

First is the boardroom battle drama that was important and played out very well with some excitment. Then during the plane flight with Stef and Brad it is realized that Brad has come into his own in the Corporate world. Not just an associate of Stef's but now an actual leader in the business world of his own right. We also see that Brad would have had a hard time achieving to this level and confidence in the Corporate world without the strength he draws from Robbie and their renewed relationship.

We see the desperation of Brad to be by Robbie's side to support him with the first big milestone in returning Anders-Hayes to it's height and power in the Hollywood Movie world. Showing that Robbie and Brad need each other to actually fully succeed.

I'm not into the whole S&M thing, but the double penetration with Brad and Robbie being more into each other than into Aaron was loving and erotic. But I saw that actual scene as more of the conflicts Brad and Robbie now have in being with someone besides themselves. After Brad and Robbie reconciled they talked about getting back to being monogamous again. It would seem that this was an important step in that process for them with Brad not really wanting to be a part of this S&M scene Cody seems to be forcing them into. So I am sure for many readers the graphic sex was important, to me the conflicts it created were more important to the story.

For me this chapter also just re-enforced my dislike of Cody. He knows what Brad and Robbie have been through and where they are in rebuilding their relationship. But he again is a selfish prick by pulling Brad and Robbie into another sexual situation they really do not want to be in. Add this to the episode where he got them high on E and involved in bareback sex with dragging himself and Kevin into Brad and Robbie's most private intimate sexual experience of fisting while they are high. I continue to think of him as poison and selfish. I started feeling his way about Cody in the story "Bloodlines" with his selfishness and games he played with Matt and Brian. I blame Cody as a participate for the way Brian turned out as a selfish evil person. Cody causes issues with other people and their feelings but never seems to take resposibility for any fall out of his actions.

I realize that Cody is one of Mark's favorite characters (boo,,, hisss) :angry: , LOL. This chapter shows for me how successful Mark has been in character development with his story because I can see each character in my mind and develop an opinion or emotion of each of them based upon how I see their actions. I am sure we each may see those actions in different ways.

Kye, you make some excellent observations! I'm not sure I disagree with any of them, except maybe the part about Cody. Then again, I always did have a weakness for smoking hot blond guys. I think you're right, that Cody is selfish. I think that is because he is male, and as a gender, we tend to have that trait. I don't see him forcing Brad and Robbie to do anything they didn't want to do. He's more like a temptress than an evil witch. And in the end, I think the opportunity he gave them turned out to be good for them, both for the sex and due to the fact that, as you said, they've really gotten to the point where they don't WANT to have sex with other people. That's a whole lot different than promising not to.

• Like 2

are we on chapter 70 of millenium????? It's showin ghtat hte last update was Chapter 51 for me, what the heck?

My website has not been converted to the new source yet. So far only a few have been converted (and of course, the new authors have their sites in the new form). It is what it is. You can find the stories here.

• Like 1

It is annoying Cody can act like a totally selfish prick, yet he never suffers any consequences for it, and everyone falls over themselves to assure him that he's more than just an inflated sex toy but a true friend. My issue with Cody is that he's been featured in three stories at this point and there's been little to no character growth. It would be fine for a teritary character like Jackie the Hollywood agent, but he's often featured as a secondary character, sometimes with a very heavy focus, and because of this I'm feeling character fatigue. The whole "loveable hot circuit boi" deal was cute when Cody was 25. It's not so cute at 30 when he should have gained some maturity. The character had potential, but at this point I'd rather see him either go away entirely or be used very sparingly. The Kevin thing has a bit of potential, but I'm frankly just not that interested.

Anyway, chapter 71. I love that JJ is a total bitch. Kinda reminds me of 14-year old Jeremy here. If I decided I didn't like someone, I was a total ass to a person. I didn't even realize I was bitchy. I actually had one sister sit me down to watch "As Good As It Gets" to explain to me that I could be as much of an jerk as Jack Nicholson's character was.

Shocking, I know, because you all know me as such a nice guy who's as sweet as pie. But I could, in fact, act like a total jerk without even realizing it when I was younger.

So, yeah...we figured out the real reason why JJ isn't popular. He's a stuck-up bitch, and it figures Jeanine can't see it and uses the b.s. "he's short" excuse.

• Like 1

wow... There is yet another reference to Brad and Robbie being together forever.. Scary...

Will/Zack/John: sex and jealousy.

Darius: really? Someone else said it before. It's genetic that a Schulter will fall for a Hayes.

JJ: of course people think he's a stuck-up bitch.. They are insignificant compared to JJ :D

Cody: still glad he's not my boyfriend.

Brad: still being judgemental towards others I see re: barry/harry

wow... There is yet another reference to Brad and Robbie being together forever.. Scary...

Darius: really? Someone else said it before. It's genetic that a Schulter will fall for a Hayes.

JJ: of course people think he's a stuck-up bitch.. They are insignificant compared to JJ :D

Cody: still glad he's not my boyfriend.

Brad: still being judgemental towards others I see re: barry/harry

I'm missing where you picked up on this?

Jeremy, it scares me that you don't like Cody (sexy, successful Hollywood agent, sexy, surfer-hot, sexy guy that gets along with 99% of the people he meets) and yet you really like JJ, diva that he is, LOL. I would have to fight the urge to smack JJ on the back of the head at least once a day, as I don't usually condone violence.

To me Cody is like a really good horse.......nice to look at, fun to be around, great to ride (pun intended), needs some care and attention every now and then, but for the most part is happy to be living his own life out in the pasture (or Hollywood in Cody's case). I could be wrong, but as a character, I don't think Mark has ever intended him to step up and take a lead role. I feel like the level of character development you are looking for from him might not ever happen. You can only have so many stars in a show, after that you have to have supporting characters that fade in and out. I thought earlier in other stories that Cody might grow into a lead character, but now I just think he's a really good supporting cast member to bring in as needed. I agree with you that he's usually the same when he floats in and out of the story-sexy psychic slut with a heart of gold-but I don't think there's anything wrong with that. He is what he is,and until he gets a storyline that puts a reason out there for him to change, he probably won't. Maybe Kevin tires of the open relationship at some point?? Cody might have to make some decisions then, but that's the only thing I could think of that wold cause any sort of emotional growth at this point.

Sorry for being so long winded, and no offence intended. I was a Robbie "hater" for a long time, so to each his own.

BTW- Ch 71- Love mushy sappy Brad, so different than "take no prisoners" board room business tycoon. I like that he finally sees the value in this side of himself.

Edited by Ivy

Chapter 71 was a good bridge chapter. It is moving from the family to the final battle to destroy Omega. I think the rest of this story will be great and can't wait for the last few chapters to come down the pike.

I am so tired of people bagging on Cody. I agree he isn't one of the more developed personalities in the stories but he is what Mark created. I don't see him as nearly as selfish as Brad. As I have stated before, this is the first story that got me to actually like Brad; although he is still far from one of my favorites. That being said however, I don't think Cody is that bad. He is a really handsome man with money, power, and charisma. If Brad and Robbie are so weak willed that Cody can just lead them down the path to their doom, then they are doomed anyway. Cody didn't put a gun to anyone's head and force them to have sex with someone else, although Brad sort of questioned the choice, neither he nor Robbie offered up any real objections to it. In the end, if they didn't want to they just had to say NO... It is a two letter word that isn't that hard to form. I think that Cody cares deeply about the people he truly has feelings for, I will say I think that is probably a short list but part of that maybe more his job than anything else. Hollywood is the kind of place that makes it very hard to develop feelings or close friendships with anyone, especially when you get to the level of power that I think Cody probably has because of his association with Robbie and Steph and working for Jackie in a lesser extent. You never know when someone likes you for you or because you might be able to do something for them.

I do agree that JJ is turning into a bit of a prima donna and something will need to be done about that; I don't think you could be in a family like theirs and survive and flourish with that attitude.

Will's issue with his cousins will be the intersting one to me, I bet this gets carried over to the next story.

I just can't see Mark having Ella and Darius repeat what already happened with Claire and Jack all those years ago, those few chapters were among the best of " Be Rad " in my opinion.

Mark, as always, great job on the writing and keep up the wonderful work...

My issue with Cody is that he's been featured in three stories at this point and there's been little to no character growth. It would be fine for a teritary character like Jackie the Hollywood agent, but he's often featured as a secondary character, sometimes with a very heavy focus, and because of this I'm feeling character fatigue.

I can understand exactly where you're coming from, only my character fatigue has nothing to do with Cody.

I do agree that JJ is turning into a bit of a prima donna and something will need to be done about that; I don't think you could be in a family like theirs and survive and flourish with that attitude.

Parking lot...bus. Simple solution.

It would actually be interesting to see how Brad would deal with the death of a child. We already saw him lose a sibling, so why not see him deal with the loss of a child?

Or maybe a spouse....:devil: *ducks and runs from Adam Phillips*

Jeremy, it scares me that you don't like Cody (sexy, successful Hollywood agent, sexy, surfer-hot, sexy guy that gets along with 99% of the people he meets) and yet you really like JJ, diva that he is, LOL. I would have to fight the urge to smack JJ on the back of the head at least once a day, as I don't usually condone violence.

To me Cody is like a really good horse.......nice to look at, fun to be around, great to ride (pun intended), needs some care and attention every now and then, but for the most part is happy to be living his own life out in the pasture (or Hollywood in Cody's case). I could be wrong, but as a character, I don't think Mark has ever intended him to step up and take a lead role. I feel like the level of character development you are looking for from him might not ever happen. You can only have so many stars in a show, after that you have to have supporting characters that fade in and out. I thought earlier in other stories that Cody might grow into a lead character, but now I just think he's a really good supporting cast member to bring in as needed. I agree with you that he's usually the same when he floats in and out of the story-sexy psychic slut with a heart of gold-but I don't think there's anything wrong with that. He is what he is,and until he gets a storyline that puts a reason out there for him to change, he probably won't. Maybe Kevin tires of the open relationship at some point?? Cody might have to make some decisions then, but that's the only thing I could think of that wold cause any sort of emotional growth at this point.

Sorry for being so long winded, and no offence intended. I was a Robbie "hater" for a long time, so to each his own.

BTW- Ch 71- Love mushy sappy Brad, so different than "take no prisoners" board room business tycoon. I like that he finally sees the value in this side of himself.

I really like the way you describe Cody as a character. He's not a lead, he's a catalyst.

Chapter 71 was a good bridge chapter. It is moving from the family to the final battle to destroy Omega. I think the rest of this story will be great and can't wait for the last few chapters to come down the pike.

I am so tired of people bagging on Cody. I agree he isn't one of the more developed personalities in the stories but he is what Mark created. I don't see him as nearly as selfish as Brad. As I have stated before, this is the first story that got me to actually like Brad; although he is still far from one of my favorites. That being said however, I don't think Cody is that bad. He is a really handsome man with money, power, and charisma. If Brad and Robbie are so weak willed that Cody can just lead them down the path to their doom, then they are doomed anyway. Cody didn't put a gun to anyone's head and force them to have sex with someone else, although Brad sort of questioned the choice, neither he nor Robbie offered up any real objections to it. In the end, if they didn't want to they just had to say NO... It is a two letter word that isn't that hard to form. I think that Cody cares deeply about the people he truly has feelings for, I will say I think that is probably a short list but part of that maybe more his job than anything else. Hollywood is the kind of place that makes it very hard to develop feelings or close friendships with anyone, especially when you get to the level of power that I think Cody probably has because of his association with Robbie and Steph and working for Jackie in a lesser extent. You never know when someone likes you for you or because you might be able to do something for them.

Will's issue with his cousins will be the intersting one to me, I bet this gets carried over to the next story.

I just can't see Mark having Ella and Darius repeat what already happened with Claire and Jack all those years ago, those few chapters were among the best of " Be Rad " in my opinion.

Mark, as always, great job on the writing and keep up the wonderful work...

Again, more good observations about Cody. The scene with Brad and Robbie f**king Aaron Eckhart wasn't so much designed to show Cody as the Satanic Tempter as to show how far Brad and Robbie have evolved, and how they are emotionally ensconced in their monogamous relationship (even if they include others, physically).

I get chewed out if I repeat history too many times.:D

I can understand exactly where you're coming from, only my character fatigue has nothing to do with Cody.

Parking lot...bus. Simple solution.

It would actually be interesting to see how Brad would deal with the death of a child. We already saw him lose a sibling, so why not see him deal with the loss of a child?

Or maybe a spouse....:devil: *ducks and runs from Adam Phillips*

Then you two agree: JJ meets a horrific and untimely fate.:blink:

• Like 1

Will/Zack/John: In the words of a country song "makes you wonder who's cheating who, who's being true,a nd who don't even care anymore."

Darius: I think that might have been me. I was joking, but Marks' only comment was a devil sign, which I found slightly worrying.

JJ: Couldn't agree more. While I'd have thought about drowing him in a river were I to meet him in real life, reading about his personality is entertaining. Though i wodner what's his beef with Gathan.

Will/Zack/John: In the words of a country song "makes you wonder who's cheating who, who's being true,a nd who don't even care anymore."

Darius: I think that might have been me. I was joking, but Marks' only comment was a devil sign, which I found slightly worrying.

JJ: Couldn't agree more. While I'd have thought about drowing him in a river were I to meet him in real life, reading about his personality is entertaining. Though i wodner what's his beef with Gathan.

JJ is a young and immature guy who happens to be a performer; that makes him a bitchy diva type. Let's check back with him in a few years and see how he evolves.

• Like 1

All kidding aside, JJ is in 8th grade. How many of us DON'T cringe when we think about what we acted like in middle school? Guys as mature as Will are pretty rare...that's why they stood out so much. As for JJ's beef with Gathan....remember...he's a figure skater. Not so big on hockey players. Matt is the exception because he's essentially a stepbrother.

enjoying the story as it unfolds. Missing the previous format.

Just a thought about the the "breaking condom" in ch71 - wouldn't Brad and/or Robbie have thought to suggest the "morning after" pill, or slightly more dramatically, a D&C? I know they both come with all sorts of side effects etc, but seems at one or both should have done a little more instead of "she needs your support ". I understand that the story is not the place for a debate on the subject, but Brad and Robbie's response just seems so lame.....

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..