Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation 33

• Site Administrator

And if there is any Greek readers or people of Greek ancestry, or if you even like Greeks, I apologize in advance for any and all slights by the Goat. It was unintentional, but I now know why goat is a staple in the Greek diet when he does stuff like that :P

Wildone is teasing me over a typo! :boy::P

It's gone now (thanks to Wildone alerting me to it) but originally, one particular island was referred to as the Geek island of Samos. :wacko:

And typos are anything but rare for me. My team finds several in every chapter. :ph34r: That is why I call myself the King of Typos. :king:

Typos are kind of like cliffhangers... I don';t like either one, and do my level best to avoid them, but typos, unlike cliffhangers, slip through on occasion. :)

Speaking of cliffhangerlessness... Paging MikeL: Would you please amphibiously certify this chapter as cliffhanger-free? We know what Joel wants in Turkey now, so there are no questions left hanging. :)

B)............Very interesting chapter! We now know that Rachel was being investigated by the Feds. being set-up by Bridget. Too bad there was not any co-operation between the Feds. and the local police, it could have shed a new light into the investigation.

I think Rachel discovered the compartment and realized she and her family were at risk being hurt by the cartel, and set-up her fake death by blowing up the Aries. Australia has to hold the answers.

Great chapter! CJ

Edited by Benji

I think you're on to something there, Benji. (see Benji's spoiler).

Joel's planning a long engagement. :2thumbs:

Joel was so sweet to Trevor in that chapter. :wub:

Geek island :lmao:

Oh Trever with his Joel fantasies. I wonder what he wants to do with that boy!!

But Joel is really a great guy to even care about Trevor as much as Lisa.

Making him a brother in the sense of his own brothers.

The chemistry works; now if only Trevor get these weird notions out of his mind.

Hey CJames who's your adoptive brother did you model this piece after?

I was not so surpirsed how much Bridget spoke about things and its all motive and staying alive with the cartel.

She's trying to keep her territory.

I wonder if there any Feds spies in the cartel .... I wonder if that Sanchez guy is really a Fed spy or not.

Why have this kind of guy asking when it should be someone higher up - than the contract killer.

That doesn't make sense.

I wonder if Sanchez has some humanity in him or not.

Gosh - you wonder what International police would be investigating the cartel.

Its a big problem ... it be interesting what would happen if the Cartel went after Bridget and her BF

I hope Trevor is able to throw the bomb off his boat.

What would Trevor do ... if he lost Atlantis?? Go Straight (Joke)

B)............Very interesting chapter! We now know that Rachel was being investigated by the Feds. being set-up by Bridget. Too bad there was not any co-operation between the Feds. and the local police, it could have shed a new light into the investigation.

I think Rachel discovered the compartment and realized she and her family were at risk being hurt by the cartel, and set-up her fake death by blowing up the Aries. Australia has to hold the answers.

Great chapter! CJ

Good point; there is most often little to no info sharing between the locals and the feds. There can be, but it takes a lot to make it happen. It almost never does in a preliminary investigation. :)

BTW, did you notice that Bridget showed remorse and regret regarding Trevor's little going away present? See, she's got a good heart. :wub:

The debris from Ares that Bridget found are interesting, eh? She was telling the truth (the narration said so) so that was all true.

Yep, a great many things point at Australia... And what is in Australia? Graeme is in Australia! Is he the antagonist in the story? :ph34r:

I think you're on to something there, Benji. (see Benji's spoiler).

Joel's planning a long engagement. :2thumbs:

Joel was so sweet to Trevor in that chapter. :wub:

Geek island :lmao:

Yep, a long engagement. He kind of has to; Lisa's father would object otherwise. :)

Speaking of typos... The words "dock" and "docking" appear a lot in this story. Now, combine that with my unrivaled penchant for typos, and you'll understand why I scan the chapters for a specific typo before sending them into beta. The specific typo? typing an i instead of an o. Yep, on more than one occasion, Atlantis has been tied up at the dick. :wacko: :wacko: :*)

Another type of goof I'm noted for is anatomical. For example, in the pre beta version of the charter in Florida (early in the story) the three sisters had four suitcases in total, and Trevor carried then aboard Atlantis, one in each hand. :*)

Oi, my head hurts :wacko: .

Too much information to process :(

Too much information, eh? (and yes, you're contagious: I'm using "eh" now!:P) Fear not; now that we know Bridget's backstory, plus a few little additional facts like the debris from Ares, things calm down a bit. :)

Oh Trever with his Joel fantasies. I wonder what he wants to do with that boy!!

But Joel is really a great guy to even care about Trevor as much as Lisa.

Making him a brother in the sense of his own brothers.

The chemistry works; now if only Trevor get these weird notions out of his mind.

Hey CJames who's your adoptive brother did you model this piece after?

I was not so surpirsed how much Bridget spoke about things and its all motive and staying alive with the cartel.

She's trying to keep her territory.

I wonder if there any Feds spies in the cartel .... I wonder if that Sanchez guy is really a Fed spy or not.

Why have this kind of guy asking when it should be someone higher up - than the contract killer.

That doesn't make sense.

I wonder if Sanchez has some humanity in him or not.

Gosh - you wonder what International police would be investigating the cartel.

Its a big problem ... it be interesting what would happen if the Cartel went after Bridget and her BF

I hope Trevor is able to throw the bomb off his boat.

What would Trevor do ... if he lost Atlantis?? Go Straight (Joke)

I don't have an adoptive brother, but as an only child, I was often jealous of close sets of siblings, so I knew how attractive that kind of closeness would be to Trevor. :)

Sanchez... He's a riddle, isn't he? He kind of gave the game away regarding his actual position; he said his superiors had concerns that needed addressing before they could decide, and then he went and approved it all himself. So, we can safely surmise that he's one of the top people. He just prefers (for obvious reasons) not to be too open about that fact. He's not a hitman, though. :)

CJ :)

BTW, did you notice that Bridget showed remorse and regret regarding Trevor's little going away present? See, she's got a good heart. :wub:

The debris from Ares that Bridget found are interesting, eh? She was telling the truth (the narration said so) so that was all true.

Yep, a great many things point at Australia... And what is in Australia? Graeme is in Australia! Is he the antagonist in the story? :ph34r:

CJ :)

B)............Ah yes, your evil characters sometimes show some humanity, like the Scar giving the engineer the stuffed kangaroo! Touching really! 0:)

I don't have an adoptive brother, but as an only child, I was often jealous of close sets of siblings, so I knew how attractive that kind of closeness would be to Trevor. :)

Sanchez... He's a riddle, isn't he? He kind of gave the game away regarding his actual position; he said his superiors had concerns that needed addressing before they could decide, and then he went and approved it all himself. So, we can safely surmise that he's one of the top people. He just prefers (for obvious reasons) not to be too open about that fact. He's not a hitman, though. :)

Well we will see how he hits someone below the belt??

Maybe he'll be a new BF for Trevor

I was referring to a best friend that adopts you?

Its been my experience that alarm companies call the location if the alarm is disarmed outside a specific time frame. Even if they don't they keep records of alarm arms and disarms and who does it so wouldn't they have called the precinct when a master alarm code was used?

Its been my experience that alarm companies call the location if the alarm is disarmed outside a specific time frame. Even if they don't they keep records of alarm arms and disarms and who does it so wouldn't they have called the precinct when a master alarm code was used?

B)............Good question!

Warning - there is a reason the button has a label of "spoiler"

So the federal racketeering (or similar) charge must be the one with the 7 year statute of limitations from the death of the subject - and Dirk and Rachel rigged the "crash", her sending out the mayday right before heading off for Western Australia. Thing is - did Rachel know Dirk was gay? I'm thinking yes... and wondering if Dirk is really Trevor's father. Who knows - within Arnold's secret compartment might be a recognition of Arnold's son with Rachel.

• Site Administrator

So the federal racketeering (or similar) charge must be the one with the 7 year statute of limitations from the death of the subject - and Dirk and Rachel rigged the "crash", her sending out the mayday right before heading off for Western Australia. Thing is - did Rachel know Dirk was gay? I'm thinking yes... and wondering if Dirk is really Trevor's father. Who knows - within Arnold's secret compartment might be a recognition of Arnold's son with Rachel.

Oh my :o

You just made a very compelling case for everything that has happened so far and predicted something that I didn't even consider to be a possibility.

:worship:

Amazing :)

Edited by wildone

Oh my :o

You just made a very compelling case for everything that has happened so far and predicted something that I didn't even consider to be a possibility.

:worship:

Amazing :)

YES HE IS! ;)

B).............Good point on the statue of limitation of federal racketeering! But in the narration it said........'she and Dirk had taken title to Atlantis in the name of their son, Trevor.' Is this another clue? It was easy money and Rachel knew she’d need it....

Edited by Benji

Alarm openings and closings are sent to the central alarm station and logged. I owned a small alarm company and never gave the police a master code as it was their policy to never enter a property until the owner or caretaker was on site. A central station has the ability to arm, disarm and reset alarms remotely. Since this was a precinct code I would think they would of been called but in any case there is a record of this at the central station and in the alarm box memory should anyone care to check at a future date.

Was Sanchez wearing a wire/recorder? Will he anonymously send Bridget's confession to the police and get rid of all her liabilities and be free to use his other sources.

Dirk is back? I thought he was gone camping for months.

Dirk is back? I thought he was gone camping for months.

I would think that Dirk has been "camping" for some time now ;-)

<sorry - couldn't resist>

I've put the alarm comments and my replies in a separate thread "Alarms"{because I'm out of my depth on this one and I really need any help or comments anyone can make. Thanks!! :)

Hey I found the Ares (joke) tacita01.jpg

That poor trimaran has seen better days. :)

B).............Good point on the statue of limitation of federal racketeering! But in the narration it said........'she and Dirk had taken title to Atlantis in the name of their son, Trevor.' Is this another clue? It was easy money and Rachel knew she

• Site Administrator

The entire prologue is almost all clues, and also that's in the narration, so as you say, it's true: Trevor is Rachel and Dirk's son. :)

The prologue doesn't say that Trevor is their biological son. If, taking a theoretical example, he was adopted, he would still be their son, though he would be the son of someone else, as well. The term 'son' can mean just that they are his parents. A genetic relationship is common, but not required for the term 'son' to be truthfully used.

The prologue doesn't say that Trevor is their biological son. If, taking a theoretical example, he was adopted, he would still be their son, though he would be the son of someone else, as well. The term 'son' can mean just that they are his parents. A genetic relationship is common, but not required for the term 'son' to be truthfully used.

Graeme is absolutely right. :)

Graeme is absolutely right. :)

B).........Maybe, but if the answers lie within Australia I have a feeling he is not being truthful here!!! (Aussies and goats you know) :lol: Yet, I have no doubt that Dirk is the father of Trevor,he passed off 'gene' of the gayness one. Number two I cannot see Rachel in an adulterous relationship that Bridget was not aware of. Bridget was attune to everything that was going on after all, well maybe except the hidden compartment that her late husband installed aboard the Aries. Graeme may be right, but then again everything points to Australia, making him suspect!!!

• Site Administrator

Speaking of what we know and don't know, do we know with 100 % certainty that Dirk is gay? I know Jim is, and that Officers Alfred and Gonzales have both said he is, but has the narrator or Jim said so? Maybe we are all barking up the wrong tree and we have a goat laughing at us in the distance :thumbdown:

I guess it is time to go read the prologue once again to see if anything makes any more sense :)

B).........Maybe, but if the answers lie within Australia I have a feeling he is not being truthful here!!! (Aussies and goats you know) :lol: Yet, I have no doubt that Dirk is the father of Trevor,he passed off 'gene' of the gayness one. Number two I cannot see Rachel in an adulterous relationship that Bridget was not aware of. Bridget was attune to everything that was going on after all, well maybe except the hidden compartment that her late husband installed aboard the Aries. Graeme may be right, but then again everything points to Australia, making him suspect!!!

Totally agreed! :2thumbs:

All I meant when I said Graeme was right was that Trevor being Rachel and Dirk's son does not preclude adoption. :)

But yes, things do seem to point to Australia, and not only is Graeme in Australia, but he admits it!!!! :blink: Yep, I think he may very well be our prime suspect!! :music:

Speaking of what we know and don't know, do we know with 100 % certainty that Dirk is gay? I know Jim is, and that Officers Alfred and Gonzales have both said he is, but has the narrator or Jim said so? Maybe we are all barking up the wrong tree and we have a goat laughing at us in the distance :thumbdown:

I guess it is time to go read the prologue once again to see if anything makes any more sense :)

There's nothing in the narration that addresses Dirk's sexuality, not until chapter 34. :)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..