Favourite Musician?

^Personally, I like Rostropovich's playing better.

I will say Im surprised by the music choices, some people actually have good taste.

Favorite musician? Can't say. But just a few would be...

Pixies, Morcheeba, Masive Attack, Nina Simone, TV On The Radio, Gogol Bordello, The Thermals...and either The Misfits/The Cramps for some punk. But I could add sooo much more.

Im gonna say the Artist fromerly known as Prince. Though he is very diva, I love his style of music and the way he plays the piano. Not to mention hes the only dude on earth who can wear heels and get away with it. He's a legend in his own right in I love his songs from Purple Rain to When Doves Cry.

John Legend, hes very soulful with his voice and his talents at the piano. And I find his music very calming and relateable.

• Like 1

Alison Kraus

Lifehouse

Some of the songs Rascal Flatts perform

Little Big Town

Lady Antebellum

--- I like a lot more rock, but heh.. they haven't put anything out in awhile so I'm not listing them until they do. :P

Kid Cudi

I have alot of favortie artisits from various types including

1. Martina Mcbride

2. Vanessa Carlton

3. Brad Paisley

4. Eminem

5. Kanye West

Out of any genre I can't stop listning to Kid cudi his man on the moon is one of the most laid back 'kicking it' album I've heard in the last couple of years. ^-^

I have soo many musicians I like.

But i can so far only think of one musician where I've loved almost everyone of her songs: Enya.

here is a sample:

edit:

I also forgot to mention I like some of the music of Heather Dale, alot of her stuff is Arthurian based, its cool.

Edited by Myval
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Tesla has got to be right at the top with me. They actually started the 'Unplugged' movement, From which several other artist's capitalized on big time. Such as Clapton and Nirvana. Tesla did it first, When they came out with 5 Man Acoustical Jam. For that reason alone they will always be my hero's. At a time when the sound of the day was Nirvana being loud and obnoxious, These guys stripped it down the the bare essentials and rocked it more than anyone else at the time.

And no, They are not a one-hit wonder band like some people seem to think, They have been making music for many years and continue to do so. In fact, I'm going to see them in concert in January.

They wrote this song for one of their good friend's, Steve Clark from Def Leppard, After he had passed away, And I sure hope they play it live....

And I hope they play Love Song, What You Give, Modern Day Cowboy, Signs, Lil' Suzi, Heaven 9-11, Edison's Medicine.... :worship:

Guest Android

The Smiths, La Dispute, Radiohead/Thom Yorke, Beirut, Thursday, Circa Survive/Saosin (anything Anthony Green has contact with, honestly), At the Drive-In/TMV/Sparta, The Locust, pageninetynine, Rachmaninoff, and Acres. are my tops, but if I had to pick an absolute favorite:

The late Elliott Smith. I've never heard a song by him I didn't love, and I've listened to him pretty much every single day since the first time I heard one of his songs.

How the heck can you reach a limit of positive votes??!! :blink:

Anyway ... I'm sooooo glad Apocalyptica was mentioned because they are AMAZING! I was lucky enough to see them do an acoustic, in-studio set and they blew me away. Not to mention they are a very nice group of guys. Eicca is gorgeous, too.

Tesla ... hell yes! Got to see them this year, as well and they can still rock it as great as ever.

As for my favorites, I'm a rocker for the most part but I do have a wide variety of tastes. Alice in Chains (old and new), Shinedown, Iron Maiden, Billy Idol, Billy Joel, INXS, Blue October, Stevie Nicks, Heart, Dave Matthews, Godsmack, Neon Trees, Muse, Lady Antebellum, Neil Young, The Doors, Bread, Jay and the Americans, Prince, Duran Duran ... the list goes on and on.

I go to a lot of shows, too. lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am writing this post as a classical musician, who do I look up to and want to emulate? These people.

Pianist:

Argerich. Yes she plays well. Amazing collaborator, she could use a make over and a few new dresses, but it's her style. I love her Cello sonatas with misky on youtube.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=WgubrxCfhHk

Violinist:

Mutter. She's so sexy, look at those gowns. Now there is a women who I'd go straight for. Maybe..if she was my age. I love her Brahms sonatas.

Also these people:

Cellist:

Du Pre. No one can touch her Elgar. I watched Hana Chang play it and I was like no one can play it like Du Pre

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=L5C99JyP2ns

Flutist:

Pahud. I know Galway is popular, but Pahuds sound is way better! The way the flute and piano come together is genius!

I am writing this post as a classical musician, who do I look up to and want to emulate? These people.

Pianist:

Argerich. Yes she plays well. Amazing collaborator, she could use a make over and a few new dresses, but it's her style. I love her Cello sonatas with misky on youtube.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=WgubrxCfhHk

Violinist:

Mutter. She's so sexy, look at those gowns. Now there is a women who I'd go straight for. Maybe..if she was my age. I love her Brahms sonatas.

I really LOVE Dido. She has the most etheric voice.

Something about Ville Valo's smoky raspyness makes my heart melt too.

I have too many favourites to choose just one. At the moment I listen to Him and Dido...

Edited by Mandartania

Well, my tastes change pretty consistently, but at the top of the list would definitely be Sir Bob Cornelius Rifo of the Bloody Beetroots. Designer Drugs are also up there.

Some recent additions to the lineup would include,

Go Go Bizkitt!

Wolfgang Gartner

Woody