Twilight vs Harry potter

Alright these are two big fantasy movies and I was wondering which one do you like most or do you like both?

Personally i haven't read the twilight series, I started reading the first book and couldn't get past the third line but i've seen the movies and I'm not a big fan of it and don't get me wrong jacob is smexy but the movie is just not on my top fav.

With harry potter I remember when the first movie came out and i still had my obsessions back then so i bought the book and was hooked. Since the last book the dealthy hallows I'm a big fan of HP and I hate when another fan says something like this 'page 346 wasn't in the movie so it sucked.' you should see how many comments there are like that on youtube i mean most of those movies are like close to three hours already I don't think if they put the whole book in i couldn't sit through a six hour movie in the theater.

Anyways sorry about my rant, now for your take which one is your favorite?

Do you really need to ask? Just take a look at my sig :P

I adore Harry Potter and I am a HP geek. My daughter and son are also both fans and now that she is home we have HP question and answer sessions all the time.

I CAN'T WAIT for the next two films.

I loved both series in the books. I hardly enjoyed any of the movies, the Twilight ones especially. Eclipse wasn't as bad and it added the fact that there were lots of good looking and shirtless guys but still, nothing beats a good book. I have yet to find a movie that does a book I read justice.

Do you really need to ask? Just take a look at my sig :P

I adore Harry Potter and I am a HP geek. My daughter and son are also both fans and now that she is home we have HP question and answer sessions all the time.

I CAN'T WAIT for the next two films.

I know I can't wait either and they better not move the date further like they did with the last one :/ i nearly had a spaz attack when i saw the preview for the deathly hallows :D

I loved both series in the books. I hardly enjoyed any of the movies, the Twilight ones especially. Eclipse wasn't as bad and it added the fact that there were lots of good looking and shirtless guys but still, nothing beats a good book. I have yet to find a movie that does a book I read justice.

So can you imagine being Taylor and having Mothers and Grandmothers Twilight fan club googling for you first in line before the girls follow by the gay guys

or maybe some will flock over to Zac efron since he wants to try gay sex

------

Tough question - T vs HP?

We need to poll the girls and gay boys!! and the Grandmothers and Mothers!!

I have to say twight for the chip and dales and harry to clean up isle 5

I love Harry Potter read all the booksspecool.gif I watched the Twilight series up to the last movie the i got the last book and loved it really goodread.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by Douw

Harry Potter. Read all books and watched most of the movies. You just get more out of the books reading, then going to the movie to see if the image in your head matches with the film. No offense to Twilight fans but unless your going for eye candy, I don't really get much out of the books, and it gets worse when you watch the movies, imo.

Going to see a HP film in a theater full potterheads is an experience by itself. laugh.gif

Do people still play

?

I have a close friend and this is almost always the start of a debate between us: she loves Twilight, I love Harry Potter. What's not to love about Harry Potter hehe. Whenever I want to recreate that awesome feeling I had when I first read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone all those many years ago, I would just pick up the book, lie down in bed and wrap a blanket around me and like magic (no pun intended), I'll be in Hogwarts. Works all the time and I never get tired of it.

I love my friend so I'm not gonna say anything bad about Twilight hehe. Not that Twilight is not a good story, it is. And I'll just leave it at that ;)

just two words.

Taylor. Lautner.

Robert. Pattinson. (As an added bonus, he is in both series!)

But, no, really. I guess if I absolutely HAD to pick it would be Twilight. But, I LOVE Harry Potter, too. I get sucked into both worlds routinely and have read both series, beginning to end at least 4 times each.

I absolutely hated the fourth book from the very mention of "little nudger" and I will forever hate that I got drawn into Steph's world then have it end the way that it did...

On the other hand, I loved how JK ended the series, I like her writing, but it took me a really long time to get into... maybe because I just hated how young the characters were in the beginning... it just took them a long time to progress, but the last two books of the HP series were great, tons better than the ones before.

I know of another series that may be hitting the big screen... "The Mortal Instruments" trilogy/now series since the announcement of the 4th book... by Cassandra Clare (who got her start writing HP Fan fiction, btw).. doesn't have the depth of romance that Twilight had.. nor the descriptions and whole complete other world that JK had and at the slower speed.. so, if done right I believe her series will be better than Twilight... I think the script writer for Twilight needed to be replaced immediately after Twilight ended and New Moon started...

But anyway, from a book and movie stand point, I liked HP better.. but the romance of Bella/Edward and Bella/Jacob drove the books.. and romance and internal conflict is more appealing to me..

:o How is there even a comparasin?? HARRY POTTER!

But to be fair i haven't even watched Twilight. I really really tried to read the books and i made it till half way through the fourth but it was just SO shit. I wouldn't pay to go watch that movie, and i have no great desire to go download it.

People keep ruining the classic elements of the vampire archetype. They even used to be scary! Okay, not really, but still...I'm a Bram Stoker/Anne Rice fan.

I have read all the Harry Potter books and watched all the released movies.

I haven't read any of the Twilight books nor watched any of the released movies.

So... I don't think I can be a fair judge about it but I'm going to say it anyway.

Harry Potter > Twilight

On a side note, I agree with the poster above (whoever it was) who ranted against people that complained about "so and so scene" not being in the movie (though I must admit I was guilty for doing that with the Percy Jackson movie). Most movie goers are never truly happy with book to movie adaptations. They'll always find something to complain about. See for example how many people complain about WB splitting the last HP film into two (it's a money making scam most say).

Come on seriously! :angry:

They're going to get to watch more movie scenes from a book they liked (maybe even loved) and they're complaining about the cost of an extra movie ticket. I bet a lot of these people complaining about the two movies also complained about how "so and so scene" was deleted. Go figure. :blink:

*Please don't kill me* but.................I hate them both. But at least Harry Potter has some decent quality writing where as Twilight is just absolute teen girl garbage. The one good thing to come of Twilight though......Taylor Lautner buffed up and shirtless! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Well, I'm certainly a big fan of Harry's. I must admit that I know almost nothing about Twilight - except that the main guys have worked their way into a few of my private thoughts, (cough, cough).

The vampire thing just never appealed to me for some reason. And what little I have seen of Twilight stuff, it's to moody and gloomy. Not to mention my aversion to having to kill people in order to stay alive...

And it all centers on a female from what I can tell. I'm GAY!

Harry Potter wins in my book. It's a series very dear to my childhood, and it's so well written and easy to get sucked into.

I have read all the Twilight books, and seen all the current movies, but it's simply not my type of book. I don't really care for lovesick teenage girls who seem to be perfect, and have hot hunks ready to obey her every command.

But wizards, dark lords, house elves, quidditch, there's so much to take in compared to Twilight. It has a lot more to offer me.

Harry Potter any day of the week. Twilight doesnt interest me at all.

Also the number of authors which have followed the vampire craze is crazy. The amount of vampire books on the shelves is insane :wacko:

• Like 1

Can we change the poll to a vampire story that doesn't suck? I know! How about Harry Potter vs. True Blood? That would be epic.

Yes! If you haven't read or watched True Blood I highly suggest that you do. It is 100x better than Twilight with a cohesive plot and legitimate vampires. None of that sparkle BS, but WAY more blood and violence. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Sookie is hotter than Bella and actually knows how to form complete sentences! Plus you get way more eye candy. They have REAL werewolves, and even elves and fairies.

• Like 1

I don't like vampire books so I've never read or seen Twilight, but I think Harry Potter is great. I wish Percy Jackson had done better at the box office so they'd make more.

But is it some weird sexual thing that all these books revolve around two guys and girl?

Harry Potter (Harry, Ron, Hermoine)

Percy Jackson (Percy, Grover, Annabeth)

Ranger's Apprentice (Will, Horace, Alyss or Evanlynn)

Twilight (vampire, werewolf, chick)