Open Club  ·  281 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Faces for Mark's Stories

• 2 weeks later...

That's not just a funny old lady, that's Jamie Lee Curtis. And she's only 54.

Alright, I'll go more age appropriate for Tonto.

Sally Field? (She's 66 or 67 years old now, so that'd make her Tonto's age range for 1968/The Land Whore.)

MV5BMTg3NTY4OTA3OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTc2

I'll say this- whatever work Sally Field has done has been absolutely fantastic. It's been subtle and she still looks good, but most importantly, like herself. Talk about aging gracefully with a minimal amount of "refreshments." I wish Faye Dunaway could have taken note.

I can go even older with Ellen Burstyn...this is her at about age 79, which would put her in Tonto's age range for Be Rad/Man In Motion.

Ellen-Burstyn-04.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The wonderful old lady from the Notebook as Tonto? (This is going with the intel that Tonto was kind of round.)

The_Notebook_18625_Medium.jpg

My one big bitch about The Notebook is that they really should have casted someone other than James Garner as Older Noah. Seriously, even though he's elderly, you can tell that James Garner was once a darkly handsome man, which is the exact opposite of Ryan Gosling's blond good looks. I would have put Paul Newman in there instead.

Edited by methodwriter85

Oooh, Tyne Daly. I hadn't even thought of her.

Tyne+Daly+Book+Mormon+Broadway+Opening+N

That's fucking perfect. Tyne Daly is totally believable as the matriarch of the family who busts everybody's balls but does it in a charming, "you can't really argue with her" kind of way, especially with an infectious smile like that. I can look at this woman and completely believe that she could've gotten a racist Mid-western town to desegregate their high school. What do you think, Mark?

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

I can't see that at all. Tonto is supposed to be from an uber-WASP family. The brassy Italian grandmother look doesn't work at all. She was also described by Stefan or JP as being kind of round.

Edited by methodwriter85

Know I'm about two months late to the party regarding hank and lesbians but having grown up around a lot of lesbian couples and "gay" in general very rarely (maybe like twice out of the dozens I've encountered) do they look _that_ butch if anything it's a niche thing. I suppose if hank has to be butchish*.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXTFcCle4bu2C4dCDzrdswAMxSipLnksjy-Pt8VBt7zMkObUlw  ?

or even more so being a police officer?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsZhBYESBn2U0ajncRvlIMJR-ujYuF8Ed2YlBIaAjy4m8SXaH1  ?  Left naturally.

• Like 1

Colin Ford as Riley Danfield at 13:

Colin+Ford+Bought+Zoo+Premiere+Inside+Ar

I figure Riley will have to have a pasty, WASP-face with striking blue eyes, which is why I'm eying Colin Ford.

Kiernan Shipka as Madison Graves at 13:

tumblr_mj5887QcY01qzfqeco1_1280.jpg

Kiernan would mix the blond hair that Maddy's biological father has, with the brown eyes of Jeanine. I'd love it if Maddy turned to be a child prodigy like Kiernan is. Seriously, that is one talented 13-year old girl.

Kiernan wouldn't make a half-bad Marie, also.

Edited by methodwriter85

Know I'm about two months late to the party regarding hank and lesbians but having grown up around a lot of lesbian couples and "gay" in general very rarely (maybe like twice out of the dozens I've encountered) do they look _that_ butch if anything it's a niche thing. I suppose if hank has to be butchish*.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXTFcCle4bu2C4dCDzrdswAMxSipLnksjy-Pt8VBt7zMkObUlw  ?

or even more so being a police officer?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsZhBYESBn2U0ajncRvlIMJR-ujYuF8Ed2YlBIaAjy4m8SXaH1  ?  Left naturally.

Nicely done.

When Mark described Jersey Guy as a round-faced blond beefy type, I immediately thought of Beaver from Greek:

beaver.jpg

k473gz.jpg

He just LOOKS the part of the dumb friendly gentle giant.

Edited by methodwriter85

Tyler Posey (J. Lo's son in Maid In Manhattan and star of Teen Wolfe) as Cam, the freshman crushing on Will?

tumblr_m6b6g4Lme21qb3flx.jpg

Teen-Wolf-star-Tyler-Posey.jpg

Tyler is so damned cute in that puppy dog kind of way. Tyler Posey has such a wonderful, infectious smile. It'd be interesting for Cam to be hispanic. Anybody remember Tyler from the episode of Smallville where he played an illegal immigrant from Mexico?

Cool. Noah being Hispanic AND a Jew makes a lot of sense of how he's kinda not really fitting into the lily-white Atherton society.

Olympic medalist Tom Daley as Cam, then?

600full-tom-daley.jpg

tom_daley_bronze8.jpg

Noah isn't a Hispanic Jew, but I thought that guy's facial features worked pretty well for what I had in mind for him.  I was playing him in my mind as a young Andy Samberg.

Daley is a really good Cam.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Kate Winslet as Jeanine Matthews in the Divergent trailer, and I thought she'd make a really good Elizabeth Danfield:

divergent-movie-jeanine-matthews-kate-wi

I've been thinking of Elizabeth Danfield as a brunette, but I don't know if Mark's ever specified her haircolor...we know that Beau is a swarthy brunette, Wade and his dad look like Nico Tortorella, and MaryEllen rotates between blonde and brunette, but I can't remember if Mark has specified all that much what she looks like. Anyway, I could see Kate Winslet in the part...just ignore that she's about 5-7 years too young. (Kate's nearly 38...I'm assuming that Elizabeth Danfield is probably more in her early/mid-40's.)

Amber Heard as MaryEllen?

30308085-30308090-large.jpg

xpu99z.jpg

Can't you just picture her as the iciest sorositute at UVA? Wade mentioned that Mary Ellen goes back and forth on being blonde or brunette, so I picked these two to show the difference in Amber Heard's looks when she changes haircolor.

• Like 1

Wow, you FINALLY liked a MaryEllen pick. Wooo-hoooo!!!! (Now if I can just get you to like a La Danfield one. I totally thought Madeline Stowe's Revenge character would have worked, but eh.) Amber Heard is a pretty beautiful. I figure MaryEllen has to be drop-dead gorgeous to be able to get away with all the shit she does.

Anyway, we haven't met Alex Danvers yet, but I like either Ryan Devlin:

Ryan-Devlin.jpg

Or Alex Tveit:

Aaron+Tveit+NBCUniversal+2013+Winter+TCA

I picture Danvers as this thin, white-bread preppy guy in his late 20's/early 30's who still has an adorable boyish air to him. Like he was the cutest nerdish boy at his prep school 15 years ago. Ryan and Aaron came to mind. (It's a shame Ryan isn't taking off, but Aaron is doing pretty gangbusters right now.)

• 2 weeks later...

Elizabeth Gillies (from Nickelodeon's Victorious) as Young Bitty?

Elizabeth_gillies_last_airbender-0.jpg

Mark described Bitty as having dark hair and blue eyes, and god this face looks like Evil Bitch incarnate. Liz Gillies might be a sweet girl in real life, but she's got one hell of a perma-bitchface going on.

My other idea is Zoey Deschanel for Bitty:

600full-zooey-deschanel.jpg

I'm not sure she looks bitchy enough though. Unless Bitty was supposed to be sweet-faced hiding her really bitchy interior.

My general take on Bitty is that she's dark-haired with big eyes, porcelain skin, and a doll-like kind of prettiness.

Edited by methodwriter85

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..