Open Club  ·  281 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Faces for Mark's Stories

Grant Gustin from Glee as Ferris, the bitchy gay guy from Menlo? (He's only a junior, so I figure we'll see more of the guy.)

glee-grant-gustin-fox.jpg

This guy looks way more butch than I figured for Ferris, but maybe it's just the clothes.  They so do not work for "Ferris." 

The problem in going by clothes is that Glee's gay male aesthetic is that of tight, tailored clothes with some flare and splashes of color, not the International Male 2001 Catalog look that I think Ferris would rock. In any event, I just find Grant Gustin pretty hot and since his role on Glee is that of the bitchy gay guy I thought it might work. Oh, well.

Matthew Lewis from Harry Potter as Benjamin Whist?

eye-candy-matthew-lewis-1.jpg?w=500&h=36

jan-4-matthew-lewis__big.jpg

I have Whist pictured as a tall, lanky, good-looking guy with some quirks to his face- like a former ugly ducking nerd who just grew into his looks. Matthew Lewis is 24, but let's face it, the guy could easily pass for 35. (In a good way.) And he just LOOKS like an academic.

My final comment on Matthew Lewis is...wow, orthodontia and puberty were incredibly, incredibly kind to him.

Edited by methodwriter85

I was watching Robbie Kay as Peter Pan on Once Upon A Time, and I thought...Allistair?

x7b1i184jf4o48f1.jpg?djet1p5k

My thought has been Logan Lerman, but Mark said "nerdier", so I thought in terms of someone who looks like they'd be the nerd in a Disney film. I like the idea of Allistair having an incredibly boyish face with very elfin features that make him look 12 years old (in this photo he should actually be 15/16 but damned if he doesn't look 12), and endearingly huge ears that he'll grow into. With blond hair he wouldn't have been that far away from how I pictured JJ, although Mark doesn't seem to picture JJ with elfin features- more like a mini-version of a classically handsome guy.

I'll fully admit to kinda having a thing for guys with pointy, elfin features as a result of Brian Littrell from the Backstreet Boy's elfin good looks.

This guy looks way more butch than I figured for Ferris, but maybe it's just the clothes.  They so do not work for "Ferris."

Is Kurt Hummel more what you had in mind for Ferris?

78334-glee-kurt-hummel-s4.jpg

I would have just posted a picture of his real-life counterpart, Chris Colfer, but he's not nearly that swishy in terms of how he dresses as Kurt is.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

I saw this commercial, and thought the guy looks a lot like how I picture Thirty-something Ace:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFYHF1w8w3g

Vaguely exotic with a natural tan, dark and thick wavy hair, dark eyes, a long hook nose, and a charming smile. His name's Jay Hayden- he's basically been in tons of commercials over the past couple of years.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Since I'm watching Grease 2 right now, I figured I'd go ahead and take some time to appreciate our Stefan model, Tab Hunter. The dude was just hot, even going into his 50's. Kind of a shame that he couldn't come out of the closet until long after his career was over.

TAB%2BHUNTER%2B5A.jpg

Tab+hunter+tab.jpg

I can easily imagine a guy who looks like this would be able to get as much play as Stefan does. Shame the guy didn't have a son and leave us a hot copy like Clint Eastwood did:

o-SCOTT-EASTWOOD-570.jpg?6

Scott Eastwood...god, the things I'd wanna do...

Edited by methodwriter85

That was my thought, too. My other idea, if Ethan winds up going the "ugly ducking to swan" route, would be a Latino version of Josh Peck from the 2000's Nickelodeon show, Drake and Josh.

02.jpg

4AF28EF5-54C4-4697-8AD3-0CE420FD856C-131

Before Matthew Lewis, Josh Peck was definitely my favorite, "Wow, puberty was really kind to him!" case.

• Like 1

Another girl I can see as MaryEllen...Emma Roberts from American Horror Story and We're the Millers. She does "Bitch" so extremely well.

Emma was a nepotism case (her aunt was basically the female movie star that defined the 90's and her father is a solid B-lister who plays villains in everything) that had an awful show on Nickelodeon when she was a teenager, but I'm rapidly becoming a fan now that she's doing edgy Alpha Bitch roles.

I can very easily see Emma playing someone who got her ass kicked as a manipulative ploy. Hell, in Scream 4, Emma played a serial killer who fucked herself up so she'd look like the final girl victim.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • 2 weeks later...

Elisabeth Olsen as a twentysomething Marie Hobart? She's this Indie actress that has a lot of buzz surrounding her, and has the kind of earthy, sensual beauty with an edge  that I picture Marie having:

ezimba18322560875500.jpg

elizabeth_olsen_elle_07.jpg

Edited by methodwriter85
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, so not Elizabeth Olsen for Marie. Damn, I thought I had that one nailed. Maybe Marie won't wind up as hipster queen as I thought.

What about a young, natural blonde Olivia Wilde (The OC, Bones) as Marie?

3_oliviawilde.jpg

You look at young Olivia Wilde and know for damn sure that was not a girl hurting for boyfriends in high school, even before her nosejob. And she's always been kind of edgy and opionated. She was up for the Marissa part on the O.C., but did Skin instead. Kind of wonder what it might have been like if she had played Marissa instead of Mischa Barton.

There's this rather hilarious clip where Olivia Wilde makes fun of Beliebers on T.V.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAE-yThHKdw

She won me over with that one. I now want her and Emma Stone to team up as wisecracking sisters in a movie.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • 2 weeks later...

Michael Trevino (The Vampire Diaries) as Ben Mendozza?

600full-michael-trevino.jpg

Seriously, the Vampire Diaries is like the land of hunks.  He was actually my pick for Ethan until Mark revealed that Ethan was rotund. I could also see Joe, Ethan's friend.

• Like 1

Alright, I'm going to try another Marie...Anna Sophia Robb? (Violet from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Carrie Diaries.)

annasophia_robb__today_show_portraits_in

I'm leaning towards blonde girls with doll-faces and big blue or green eyes because that's the Claire Be Rad description, but if that's wrong and Maire ISN'T supposed to look like Claire and looks more like Jack, please let me know, Mark. The fail on Marie is getting me down, because she doesn't seem to have a particularly quirky or picky look like Tony or Austin seem to have. When I read Austin's description, I just thought, "There's no way in hell I'm going to find a model that fits his looks. That mouth thing is way too distinctive."

I also wonder what the hell Tony's supposed to look like ,because I feel like I've trotted out every single Italian-looking hunk to no avail. LOL. The description of Tony's looks have also been pretty vague- it seems like a generic Italian hunk look (but he can't look "pretty" like say Young Antonio Sabato Junior), but you've been picky as hell about it, Mark. LOL.

• 2 months later...

He's hot once he gets older, BUT, I just can't get past the fact he used to be THIS in "about a boy"....

29183_gal.jpg

Somehow, knowing that, I just can't get worked up by this guy. Though, Im not sure I would get worked up over JJ either....

They just aired the About A Boy t.v. show on NBC so it made me think of this. BTW, did you see Nicholas Hoult in Warm Bodies? Somehow he managed to look hot as a zombie:

I was so glad for Nicholas Hoult that the movie despite its weird premise was a hit- not a monster one, but still a pretty solid hit. I hope at some point he'll get out of Jennifer Lawrence's shadow and stop getting referred to as Jennifer Lawrence's Boyfriend.

A day late and a dollar short to this forum, but oh well! Better late than never.

I think just the opposite - the skinny dude from Peter Pan as Ferris and the more demure proper guy as Allistar.  I can't see Will being even remotely interested in Robbie Kay.

I was watching Robbie Kay as Peter Pan on Once Upon A Time, and I thought...Allistair?

x7b1i184jf4o48f1.jpg?djet1p5k

My thought has been Logan Lerman, but Mark said "nerdier", so I thought in terms of someone who looks like they'd be the nerd in a Disney film. I like the idea of Allistair having an incredibly boyish face with very elfin features that make him look 12 years old (in this photo he should actually be 15/16 but damned if he doesn't look 12), and endearingly huge ears that he'll grow into. With blond hair he wouldn't have been that far away from how I pictured JJ, although Mark doesn't seem to picture JJ with elfin features- more like a mini-version of a classically handsome guy.

I'll fully admit to kinda having a thing for guys with pointy, elfin features as a result of Brian Littrell from the Backstreet Boy's elfin good looks.

Is Kurt Hummel more what you had in mind for Ferris?

78334-glee-kurt-hummel-s4.jpg

I would have just posted a picture of his real-life counterpart, Chris Colfer, but he's not nearly that swishy in terms of how he dresses as Kurt is.

• Like 1

Hmm. I thought Theo James would have made more sense as Darius because he's got a vaguely middle Eastern look to him, but alright. I totally lust after Theo James. He's about to star in the movie Divergent with Shailene Woodley:

Theo. God. *drools*

To go on the female side...Margot Robbie (The Wolf of Wall Street) as MaryEllen? (Mark, seriously- I really need to know what you think about in terms of MaryEllen's looks because it bugs the fuck out of me that I can't seem to nail it. Her and Marie.)

Margot-robbie-wolf-of-wall-street-736x43

To go on the female side...Margot Robbie (The Wolf of Wall Street) as MaryEllen? (Mark, seriously- I really need to know what you think about in terms of MaryEllen's looks because it bugs the fuck out of me that I can't seem to nail it. Her and Marie.)

Margot-robbie-wolf-of-wall-street-736x43

This one works.  You feel better now? :P

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..