Open Club  ·  281 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Faces for Mark's Stories

Yes. You know how many fucking hot blonde women with a bitchy look I had to look up? If I were straight or bi, it would have been fun, but since I'm not it got kind of boring.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 3

Marie fucked her cousin, set up rumors that he got an STD, and has been described as dressing bohemian style ala Siena Miller circa 2005. I'm not sure "wholesome" would look good on her. I think there needs to be some edge to her look.

I'm still surprised that Mark wasn't keen on AnnaSophia Robb, though.

AnnaSophia-Robb-Wavy-11.jpg

She had that blond hair, green eyes, and dollface that you'd expect Claire's daughter to have. But there's also this slight edge to her, like you wouldn't expect her to be sugary-sweet.

No, see, that all means she needs to appear wholesome. That's how people like her get you. I bet she'd be allowed to stay over at someone's house; she's a good girl, of course she'd not get up to anything.

On that note:

taissa-farmiga-latest-fashion.jpg

I can't remember if Taissa Farmiga has been suggested yet for Marie. But she popped into my head as I typed.

But Blue, like I said, Mark's described Marie's look and fashion sense in not-very wholesome, girl-next door terms. There's a bit of an avant-garde edge to her.

But ooh, I like Taissa Farmiga for Marie:

Taissa+Farmiga+Premiere+FX+American+Horr

She can be the good girl, but she can also be pretty edgy. I loved her part in The Bling Ring. I  also like that she's pretty, but not in a very cookie-cutter way.And she's actually the much-younger sister of Vera Farmiga (The Conjuring, Bates Motel), who Mark liked for Claire:

Vera-Farmiga-May-2013.jpg

Vera Farmiga has a very strong, Alpha Female look to her...I can so picture her in Junior Matriarch role for CAP.

I just remembered that Mark did kind of sign off on Emma Stone for Marie, though.

tumblr_lu5m692BS61r614huo1_400.jpg

I do like the idea of Marie having big, feline-like eyes...and Emma Stone is so delightfully quirky and original. I like that she's not a cookie-cutter beauty.

Edited by methodwriter85

No, see, that all means she needs to appear wholesome. That's how people like her get you. I bet she'd be allowed to stay over at someone's house; she's a good girl, of course she'd not get up to anything.

On that note:

taissa-farmiga-latest-fashion.jpg

I can't remember if Taissa Farmiga has been suggested yet for Marie. But she popped into my head as I typed.

YES!

I'm good with it, especially if it means that Claire looks like Vera Farmiga. Talent definitely abounds in that family. Good job, Blue.

Edited by methodwriter85

Colton Haynes just posted a link to his Abercrombie and Fitch photo shoot. Let's take a moment and drool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-fn5i0h0zU

(He's our John Hobart, in case you guys didn't know.) Damn, the kid is beautiful. How Adam doesn't find him beautiful I'll never know.

• 3 weeks later...

I watched Judith Light on Dallas, and thought her iteration of an older bitch on wheels would make a great ABC. Or some other really crazy older head bitch in charge.

As for Elizabitch...Brooke Shields?

gty_brooke_shields_ll_130218_wblog.jpg

I always thought Brooke Shields would have made a great politican's wife. And I kinda figured that Elizabitch had to be someone who was a great beauty in her youth. Brooke Shields was considered the most beautiful woman in the world when she was 15, so...yeah.

My other idea for Elizabeth Danfield...Daphne Zuniga?

Daphne+Zuniga+Dresses+Skirts+Little+Blac

She's always had a great bitchface. You would probably know her best as Jo on Melrose Place. She's also known for playing Brooke's bitchy mother on One Tree Hill.

Can I just say that it's nice to see actresses over the age of 40 who haven't turned their faces into immovable monuments to plastic surgery that no longer resemble themselves? *cough* Meg Ryan *cough* Yay for actresses letting themselves age naturally!

Edited by methodwriter85

Paul Rudd as Ben? What an adorable Jew.

paul-rudd-12.jpg?w=500

I swear, the guy never seems to age. He's in his mid-40s and can still pass for thirtysomething. Lucky genes.

Or Ben Feldman from Mad Men:

Ben_Feldman.jpg

Another utterly adorable Jew.

Or another utterly adorable Jew for Ben, Chuck's Zachary Levi:

zachary-levi-in-giacca-e-cravatta.jpg

Probably out of all of them, Zachary Levi is the one I can totally buy as a lawyer. When his hair's short he can totally rock that White Collar America look.

I'm going to admit, I tend to have a thing for Jewish guys. I tend to like glossy dark curls, which most of them tend to have. It might also be that University of Delaware had a pretty significant Jewish presence. My friend Steve used to joke that I was a Secret Jewish guy because I would pick up spare change on the street and stuff. LOL.

Or another utterly adorable Jew for Ben, Chuck's Zachary Levi:

zachary-levi-in-giacca-e-cravatta.jpg

Probably out of all of them, Zachary Levi is the one I can totally buy as a lawyer. When his hair's short he can totally rock that White Collar America look.

I'm going to admit, I tend to have a thing for Jewish guys. I tend to like glossy dark curls, which most of them tend to have. It might also be that University of Delaware had a pretty significant Jewish presence. My friend Steve used to joke that I was a Secret Jewish guy because I would pick up spare change on the street and stuff. LOL.

. Look him up--his real last name is Pugh and he's English, German and Welsh, not Jewish. Edited by George Richard

Well, damn. You learn new things everyday. My point remains the same that I could see him as Ben.

Eh. At least Paul Rudd and Ben Feldman are definitely Jewish. LOL.

Wait, Ben's the carpenter who looks like Theo James. Who is the Jewish lawyer again? Is his name also Ben? God, I can't keep these recurring secondary characters straight.

Anyway, let's take a few minutes to appreciate Theo James and his wonderful beauty. Good on him for the success of Divergent. (Blue, did you see the movie yet?)

Bjx1XgjIYAAm6oj.jpg

Edited by methodwriter85

Of course I saw the movie. A solid adaptation, though I wish it had sold more tickets.

Ashley Judd and Kate Winslett stole the show, although Woodley and James gave solid performances. About the only complaint I had was that they may as well have gotten rid of the father completely (a reaction I had to the book series as well) for all the impact he had. Natalie could, provably, do everything he could do, only better.

Edited by B1ue

Of course I saw the movie. A solid adaptation, though I wish it had sold more tickets.

Ashley Judd and Kate Winslett stole the show, although Woodley and James gave solid performances. About the only complaint I had was that they may as well have gotten rid of the father completely (a reaction I had to the book series as well) for all the impact he had. Natalie could, provably, do everything he could do, only better.

I'm actually pretty happy with how it's performing- it's at 105 million domestic right now. The movie will probably wind up with at least 120 million. It's doing well enough that the movie will get sequels, but not so well that they'll get the ridiculous idea to split the third book up.

I've been rooting for Shailene Woodley ever since I saw her on an episode of Cold Case back in 2007 (although not enough that I watched that horrid Secret Life) so I'm happy with her cemented stardom.

Oh, I plan to not see the third movie at all. I have multiple problems with the way the storyline was handled in the third novel. Not so much the ending, that part worked really well and nearly saved it all for me, but the first arc revelations I felt were not handled well nor set up well by the previous entries in the series. In fact, that disconnect seemed to be both deliberate and the hinge upon which the novel swung, which I disliked on principle. The second arc and most of the third I found more boring than anything else, partly as the first arc revelations worked against my getting emotionally invested in it. Only until the last bit, when Tris once again found her footing, did I become re-engaged. Honestly, I felt the series would have been stronger to simply tie up the loose ends at the end of the second, and would be very much in favor of Insurgent being split into two volumes while Allegiant being simply not ever produced (although I could see elements of the endings being combined).

Actually, my reaction upon finishing Allegiant was, "and this is why we wait until a trilogy is all the way written before committing to film versions. Sucks to be all of you."

In my mind, Insurgent was the last book and I have not touched the third. LOL.

I hope they are planning a massive overhaul of the third book. Normally I'm for book authenticity (I'm going to admit it bothered me a little how much they changed Silver Linings Playbook from the book even though it was still a good movie), but if what people have been saying about the third book is true, I'm willing to throw that out.

Seriously, they apparently turned Four into this little emo bitch for the third book. Can you honestly see THIS being an emo little bitch?

Official_four.png

It's not going to work on a 30-year old guy. I actually like where they went with 4's casting- getting a rugged looking, older guy instead of a 22-year old pretty boy, but it's pretty baffling for what Four's characterization for the third book is, unless there are some big changes.

Edited by methodwriter85

Well of course I can imagine making someone that pretty a bi-oh, wait. You said emo bitch. Never mind.

More seriously, knowing a lot of veterans and active duty soldiers, yes, I can easily imagine someone that looks like him not being able to deal with his own emotional instability.

Since you haven't read the book, I don't want to get into specifics, but Book 3 Four seemed to me to be a natural progression of his character throughout the series. Granted, I always described him as a whiny bitch waiting to happen, although he did seem to have his emotions well repressed while "on the job." Which also rang true to me, given both the nature of his job as trainer and the extra risks he ran being who and what he was.

But he only ever repressed those emotions, he never dealt or moved on from them. In fact, that seems to be his preferred survival tactic. Which, it must be said, is also the preferred survival tactic of Dauntless as a whole. That's why, stuck in that environment and among those people, his fears never moved until he met Tris and had her example to follow. Once he had that example, and trusted her enough to let her do the thinking for both of them, he began to break down, and then put himself back together.

An important thing to keep in mind when reading the Divergent trilogy is that Four is never the example to which Tris must live up to, he's the reward for her good behavior. The movie version actually makes him more important than he was in the book, showing her how to properly pass while divergent. She only thinks he is what she needs to be, but this is quickly proved false, and then quickly proved critical. Four could never do what Tris does, on several levels, but that doesn't mean his abilities don't prove important either. I mentioned last post that I enjoyed the ending of Allegiant, him being, and acting, like an emo bitch is important for how the final resolution plays out. If he'd been like Tris, it wouldn't have worked. And if Tris had been like him, Divergent would have ended very different.

Edited by B1ue

The movie version actually makes him more important than he was in the book, showing her how to properly pass while divergent.

Thank you for clarifying that was a movie adaption change- I really didn't remember reading that, and I could've sworn that Four doesn't realize that Tris was divergent until the simulation crisis.

Anyway....Hailee Steinfield as Madison Graves?

600full-hailee-steinfeld.jpg

I was watching True Grit and thought, "I can see her as Jeanine's "take no shit" teenaged daughter." I'm going with the idea of Maddy having Jeanine's coloring. She can't be blonde like Cody, because I showed off Kiernan Shipka for a blonde Maddy and Mark wouldn't sign off for that, and if Maddy were blonde, there's no way Kiernan Shipka wouldn't have been perfect.

Edited by methodwriter85

As an aside Blue...Lionsgate announced they're splitting Allegiant into two movies. Ugh. What the hell? If the movie had done Twilight box office, I can see it, but it's not- it's done well but it's not the massive cash cow that would justify making this move. I wonder how Shailene and Theo feel about being locked in for 4 films now instead of the 3. I'm sure they figured it on being a possibility, but I bet they probably thought that given the fan backlash about Allegiant and the solid-but-not-astounding box office, it wasn't going to happen.

Anyway, Chris Hemsworth as older Brent?

1384427977-chrishemsw-o.jpg

I also thought Long-Haired Chris Hemsworth would make a good Roger in The Land Whore.

chris_hemsworth-thor_the_dark_world-4.jp

I remember seeing Chris Hemsworth at this year's Academy Awards, and thinking, "Yep, I think he finally got tired of his Thor hair." It's probably for the best that he just go back to using extensions- really, there's a shot he could be playing Thor over many Marvel movies over a very, very long time.

Edited by methodwriter85

I thought you already picked Theo James for Ben the Carpenter?

Although really, I always thought Theo James would have been an awesome Darius (with darker hair) or that Mexican kid who used to live with Stefan and JP back in the '90's- Jorge's son, I believe.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..