Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Faces for Mark's Stories

Alright, I guess this is where I should admit that I didn't watch the movie because I was so distressed by the trailer and Jonas's conversion into a hunky looking 25-year old. I mean, I've loved that book ever since I ran across it in the library in 3rd grade. I guess I can give the movie a chance.

Who knows? Maybe Jem will turn out to be a good movie?

Well, probably not. I do get why all these Gen Xers around Tim's age are losing their shit over the trailer, given the reaction I had to The Giver trailer, although this REALLY looks like it's just a name-only adaption. I basically get a "Josie and the Pussycats" vibe, but one taking itself seriously, instead of the campy fun that movie was. Luckily I'm not too attached to the material here, but whatever.

Anyway, Ryan Guzman is pretty cute:

G560849_b.jpg

I'd say he'd be a good Tony, but Mark has been extremely picky on the Tony thing that I've given up hope of ever finding a Tony. LOL. Not that it really matters now since Tony seems to have ridden off into the sunset.

However, if a really cute Latino/Italian/Mediterranean-looking guy in his mid/late 20's shows up, I'm recommending Ryan. LOL.

I think this guy is a pretty good Tony, from what we can see in the pic.

Well, his body is pretty damn nice as well. I liked him because he's good-looking, but not really in a pretty-boy way, more like a boy next door way, and he seems like he has an honest, trustworthy face, which I feel like Tony has to have in order for him to be such a two-faced, manipulative lying ass.

Well, his body is pretty damn nice as well. I liked him because he's good-looking, but not really in a pretty-boy way, more like a boy next door way, and he seems like he has an honest, trustworthy face, which I feel like Tony has to have in order for him to be such a two-faced, manipulative lying ass.

Hot-Ryan-Guzman-Pictures.jpg

Yep

Well, there's only one way to check.

Private Tim, does looking at this guy make your eye twitch?

LOL... that's funny... I always kind of liked Tony's character... until the river trip... and when he hooked up with Matt :o

Kellan Lutz (Emmett from Twilight) as Brent Hayes?

gpo-kellan-lutz--large-msg-133176925299.

I always thought Kellan had a very Hayes look to him. I recommended him for Matt way back in the day but Mark kind of went "I can see where you're going but not quite." I can see this guy as the friendly, not-too-bright-but-gentle-giant kind of former high school jock that Brent is supposed to be.

His hair and the texture/color of it is basically EXACTLY how I picture the typical Hayes hair type, as well.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Elizabeth Banks (Hunger Games, Pitch Perfect) as Claire?

MV5BMjEzMTcxNDU3NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTE0

Claire is described as looking very youthful for her age, and Elizabeth is one damn youthful forty. If she's gotten any work it's been incredibly good. She's also got that Ivy League, WASP-vibe down pat.

Edited by methodwriter85

Kellan Lutz (Emmett from Twilight) as Brent Hayes?

gpo-kellan-lutz--large-msg-133176925299.

I always thought Kellan had a very Hayes look to him. I recommended him for Matt way back in the day but Mark kind of went "I can see where you're going but not quite." I can see this guy as the friendly, not-too-bright-but-gentle-giant kind of former high school jock that Brent is supposed to be.

His hair and the texture/color of it is basically EXACTLY how I picture the typical Hayes hair type, as well.

He does, and this is great, but didn't Brent have dark hair?

He does, and this is great, but didn't Brent have dark hair?

I always thought the Hayes guys ranged from blond, dark blond, to light brown. Hmm. If you want him with dark hair, though...

kellan-lutz-eclipse-annalynne-mccord-08.

• Like 1

I think MaryEllen's features would be sharper than that but I love the Alex here.

I agree, but what I really liked was how she appeared somewhat, well, more brazen while he looked so staid and conservative.

Jeremy has a thing for white guys.  

Well, that, and there's a curious lack of minority love interest characters. The last significant one was Kai, wasn't it? He looks like BooBoo Stewart. Tet would probably like him.

I'm rooting for John to wind up marrying a black woman so we can have more interacial characters aside from Darius.

Anyway, I always figured that Maryellen would be like Tanya Turner from Footballer's Wives by her mid-30's:

God, I miss Footballer's Wives. Tanya Turner was like an Alexis Carrington for the 2000's. (Although she really had absolutely no soul, while Alexis really did care in her own way for her children.)

* Back in the mid/late 1990's, there used to be Dynasty reruns on the FX channel. That is how I know the show even though I was only born during the sixth season of it. I kind of wish Mark would borrow more from Dynasty, but he seems more about the Original Recipe Dallas influence. (Which I didn't watch.)

An Dynasty-style catfight would have been fun, though.

I could see Middle-Aged Joan Collins as the Evil Bitch Mother Alexandra Carmicheal, someone that even scared Elizabeth Danfield.

Edited by methodwriter85

I'm rooting for John to wind up marrying a black woman so we can have more interacial characters aside from Darius.

Since Iranians are Caucasian, Darius is technically not interracial--no more than someone of say German and Italian ancestry.

Since Iranians are Caucasian, Darius is technically not interracial--no more than someone of say German and Italian ancestry.

Since a century ago, that WOULD have been considered an interracial marriage, if not quite miscegenation, I think Jeremy's point stands.

Those of Middle-Eastern descent, or even just people perceived to have that heritage like Jeremy and I, are not treated as "White" whatever their actual race might be, which used to be the case for people of Italian or Irish descent. Many, perhaps most, Latinos face a similar issue. Although, as an aside, classifying Latinos as 'White" is problematic, as doing so requires a perception of race that most Latinos aren't culturally equipped with.

• Like 1

I ran across this picture of the Marquess of Douro (heir to the Duke of Wellington) and his wife (Jemma Kidd) and they struck me as a nice characterization of Alex and Mary Ellen.  478109066-jemma-wellesley-marchioness-of

I like him as Alex... he is handsome and refined-looking... she, however, while rather evil in appearance, isn't pretty enough to get away with what ME has IMHO... Cheers...

• Like 1

My view of MaryEllen has been Margot Robbie from the Wolf of Wall Street:

Change out the accent to a Southern one and I think she's perfect. I can sooooo see her playing games like this with her husband.

Margot's like a prettier, young Jamie Pressley, who always did bitchy roles just so well. She has that bleached blonde bombshell look down pat:

The-Wolf-of-Wall-Street-video-intervista

Can't you just picture evil schemes and thoughts coming from that face?

• Like 1

My view of MaryEllen has been Margot Robbie from the Wolf of Wall Street:

Change out the accent to a Southern one and I think she's perfect. I can sooooo see her playing games like this with her husband.

Margot's like a prettier, young Jamie Pressley, who always did bitchy roles just so well. She has that bleached blonde bombshell look down pat:

The-Wolf-of-Wall-Street-video-intervista

Can't you just picture evil schemes and thoughts coming from that face?

I'd say this would be a good choice for ME... this is how I picture her, anyway...

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

He's hot once he gets older, BUT, I just can't get past the fact he used to be THIS in "about a boy"....

29183_gal.jpg

Somehow, knowing that, I just can't get worked up by this guy. Though, Im not sure I would get worked up over JJ either....

Scrolled back over the thread and found this. I think it's funny because he's 25 and you're only four years older than him. LOL. (I'm exactly four years older than him.) But I guess that's the magic of movies...Cherubic Little Nicholas Hoult is preserved forever. (It's kind of a shame the T.V. adaption of About A Boy got cancelled...I really liked it.)

Anyway, here's him currently:

He's lost that lanky adolescent look he had for such a long time. Now he just looks like a fully-grown man instead of a young boy. What a fine hunk of a man.

Anyway, if Shane Jackson has an older brother or look-alike cousin please feel free to bring him in, Mark. LOL.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..