[Jack Scribe] That's the Chicago Way

I must apologise for not making regular contributions to this forum and/or lack of emails but I simply enjoy reading your stories too much.

This is a brilliant new story and I am only sorry that we are so rapidly approaching the conclusion - don't think that I want you to slow down your posting LOL.

I love being able to catch up with characters from previous stories, it works so well.

Keep up the great work and I hope we don't have too long a wait after this one is complete.

Mike

• Like 1

I must apologise for not making regular contributions to this forum and/or lack of emails but I simply enjoy reading your stories too much.

This is a brilliant new story and I am only sorry that we are so rapidly approaching the conclusion - don't think that I want you to slow down your posting LOL.

I love being able to catch up with characters from previous stories, it works so well.

Keep up the great work and I hope we don't have too long a wait after this one is complete.

Mike

Hey, Mike. great to hear from you again! We've still got plenty of story and twists left. Enough weekly chapters to keep you busy with the guys into mid-May.

I'm just getting ideas together for a new story...it'll take a while. Going back to California and L.A. New dudes and maybe a few familiar characters. It's a small world in my fantasy universe. :D

Jack

Jack has posted Chapter 11, "Stormy Clouds" of That's the Chicago Way.

“Before you drop, how about having lunch with me. There’s a place right across the street from Harpo called La Sardine. We can have some wine and get to know each other better.”

“Since I’m dressed pretty decently, why waste it. That’d be fun.” Scotty wouldn’t pass a chance to eat with the boss. ‘I’m sure there’s something on the frog menu I can eat.’

Frog menu? FROG MENU!? There should be a law against anuracide. Who would put frogs on a menu? Some wacko chef.

Seriously...great chapter. The story's pace has really picked up as should be expected when AOI is involved although it sounds as if their part has concluded. I'm already looking forward to the next chapter, Jack

Jack has posted Chapter 11, "Stormy Clouds" of That's the Chicago Way.

Frog menu? FROG MENU!? There should be a law against anuracide. Who would put frogs on a menu? Some wacko chef.

Seriously...great chapter. The story's pace has really picked up as should be expected when AOI is involved although it sounds as if their part has concluded. I'm already looking forward to the next chapter, Jack

Ree-beep, ree-beep. 0:)

Don't be sure about AOI's involvement concluding so quickly, Mike. I can't just dismiss a new character like Scotty. And Oleg's too valuable to just appear in a cameo.

Another interesting chapter! Scotty, seems to have garnered a following. Only one quibble, during the scene where Scotty and Evan trade BJ's there is the following two sentences:

"Evan tried to match Scotty’s ability to take everything, but couldn’t get past the first four inches. His mouth wasn’t build for someone that large."

Obviously, the word build should be changed to built.

Another interesting chapter! Scotty, seems to have garnered a following. Only one quibble, during the scene where Scotty and Evan trade BJ's there is the following two sentences:

"Evan tried to match Scotty’s ability to take everything, but couldn’t get past the first four inches. His mouth wasn’t build for someone that large."

Obviously, the word build should be changed to built.

Thanks for the catch, Dave. Day-um, it's frustrating to have something like that slip through. With the new story posting system (as I've mentioned before), I can easily correct problems. Mission accomplished! :worship:

Seems to me we're on a trail of a crime spree. We've had an arson, now a murder, and I suppose a kidnapping isn't far behind. I'm not sure who, though; although I can see several possibilities in this story. (Rob, perhaps?)

Add money laundering to the mix. Kidnapping is a possibility. 0:) But I will say that Rob draws a 'pass' card.

You do realize, I hope, that every time an English speaker refers to a Frenchman as a "frog", frogs the world over are insulted. :P

I realize. I sent a "frog" a 'frog' joke once, written in frog-speak, and he never contacted me again. Oy. And some of my best friends are frogs. :lmao:

Ree-beep, ree-beep. 0:)

Don't be sure about AOI's involvement concluding so quickly, Mike. I can't just dismiss a new character like Scotty. And Oleg's too valuable to just appear in a cameo.

Glad to learn that we will see more of Scotty soon. Hot! And Oleg is very interesting. Great characterization and plotting with interesting twists and turns..

And as I have mentioned before to you, I love the Chicago scene and will be back for a brief visit again in August.

Glad to learn that we will see more of Scotty soon. Hot! And Oleg is very interesting. Great characterization and plotting with interesting twists and turns..

And as I have mentioned before to you, I love the Chicago scene and will be back for a brief visit again in August.

Hope your visit includes checking out Millenium Park and the new modern wing of the Art Institute. BTW, one of the best restaurants (of 24 years) is Yoshi's - located on Halsted Street in the south part of Boystown. Suggest cocktails at Sidetrack's first. :great:

Oleg has become one of my favorite characters. If you get a chance, check out Splash on the Web; he first appears in that story. I also used his expertise in Shifting Sands.

Scotty - I'm glad you're positive about him. I think this lad will have staying power in the future. However, there'll be plenty of action for him in this tale.

BTW, Mike, I do hope my tongue-in-cheek humor regarding Frenchmen didn't offend you. Happened to notice your avatar and wonder if the "L" in your name might be Lafite or Latour?

I am part French, but my surname is strictly Anglo-Saxon. I just don't like seeing frogs (the amphibian creatures) or any part of their anatomy on a menu

I am part French, but my surname is strictly Anglo-Saxon. I just don't like seeing frogs (the amphibian creatures) or any part of their anatomy on a menu.

Froglegs were frequently found on "continental" restaurant menus several years ago. They, along with turtle soup and snails, have sort of vanished. I'm more of a fish and veggies guy.

Jack has released Chapter 12, "The Fat Lady Almost Sings", of That's the Chicago Way.

Another great chapter, Jack. The story is developing fast, both here at GA and in the fictional newsrooms you have created.

Kris really received a lesson in real world living. Too bad .

The story is developing fast, both here at GA and in the fictional newsrooms you have created.

Kris really received a lesson in real world living. Too bad .

The pieces are starting to fit together. Rob is riding this story and the fast flash of details like a bull...hoping not to get thrown off. Yeah, Kris got a little jolt of reality. But he understands the problems Dennis would have professionally.

I'm delighted that the readers of this story have just surpassed 1,200! And tonight's The Chicago Code is titled, Wild Onions. I'll take that as a nod to Chapter 3 - Onion Fields.

I'll be watching...really like that show.

For those who don't know, Jack has posted chapter 13, "Not That Wandering Jew", of That's the Chicago Way. Enjoyed the chapter, Jack. I'm always amazed at how easily news people get the story that the gendarmerie can't. I guess some people just like to talk, only not to the cops. Perhaps Evan will straighten up and fly right (in some respects) now that he has squeaked by and squealed all in one day.

Good The Chicago Code last evening. The new driver for the Superintendent is real eye candy. I lived there during the 1995 monster heat wave. 700 deaths (primarily elderly that were afraid to leave their homes) and the bodies had to be stacked in refrigerated trucks.

Chapter 13 sets up the final phase of the story as we lead to the conclusion. Evan is having a mental wake-up call. Rob, of course, is very fortunate to have an inside source such as Oleg. It's not lost on him that this story gives him cred with his bosses and the network. Job security.

Oddly enough, Jack, I use the site's notifications, and since I subscribed for updates to the story, I found it with no problems.

A few chapters back I predicted a kidnapping would happen. Check.

You said Scotty would be back. Check.

And Marv is a pussy in the worse for him sort of way. :devil:

Poor Marv. Drives all that way to see a friend of a friend and receives something less than a cordial welcome.

Evan, on the other hand, gets a very nice surprise in response to his concerns for his own well being. Bingo!

Great chapter, Jack.