[Jack Scribe] That's the Chicago Way

A few chapters back I predicted a kidnapping would happen. Check.

You said Scotty would be back. Check.

With Marv, he's reaping the rewards of being in bed with dogs - not the furry kind. He was sooooo close, but you called it. And Scotty is just too good a character not to utilize.

Evan, on the other hand, gets a very nice surprise in response to his concerns for his own well being. Bingo!

I hope Evan is rehabilitating himself in your eyes. I think he's worth an effort in redemption.

For unexplainable reasons, Chapter 14 does not show up as being posted this morning. Sorry for the 'story egg hunt' but the Chapter 14 is up. (Jack scratches his head).

I just noticed that there is no posting date showing, just --

Could this be why it didn't show on the home page?

Great chapter and for some strange reason, I almost feel sorry for he who beds down with the dogs.

I just noticed that there is no posting date showing, just --

Could this be why it didn't show on the home page?

Great chapter and for some strange reason, I almost feel sorry for he who beds down with the dogs.

I too only found Ch 14 through the forum as I wondered what the delay was? Good chapter. I always felt that Marv was going to either get caught or snookered and it looks like he is in for it. Scotty and Evan, I wonder if

Evan gets over his post-coital depression???

The lack of a story announcement listing was due to a glitch - probably triggered by me in January - with the posting dates in the new GA software. I won't bore you with the tech details (which I barely understand), but this is the only chapter that slipped into that box.

Evan's post-coital blues are probably part of a learning curve. The question is: who's curve. 0:)

• 2 weeks later...

Great chapter 16, Jack. Lots of action this time. I think Scott and Evan need to have a little conversation when things have cooled off.

Mercifully, the chapter is not nearly as long as the work from which you took the title. Posted Image

Great chapter 16, Jack. Lots of action this time. I think Scott and Evan need to have a little conversation when things have cooled off.

Mercifully, the chapter is not nearly as long as the work from which you took the title. Posted Image

A little conversation in certainly in order.

Your spoiler comment got me curious. Tolstoy's original War and Peace clocked out at 1225 pages. Yes...very long. :wacko:

I did read the chapter, but my mind was distracted by the events of the week. One of those weeks which proved the adage that truth can be stranger than fiction, or in this case, the news can be.

I think Evan doesn't really know what he wants, other than a change.

Scotty doesn't know whether Evan would be friend material or not, and I get the impression he's not sure that he wants to be the rebound relationship type, either.

And I suspect Rocco and his boys aren't quite done in this story, either.

I did read the chapter, but my mind was distracted by the events of the week. One of those weeks which proved the adage that truth can be stranger than fiction, or in this case, the news can be.

I think Evan doesn't really know what he wants, other than a change.

Scotty doesn't know whether Evan would be friend material or not, and I get the impression he's not sure that he wants to be the rebound relationship type, either.

And I suspect Rocco and his boys aren't quite done in this story, either.

You're certainly correct about the distractions - from the tornados to OBL's demise...with William and Kate thrown into the mix.

Evan obviously has a lot on his mind. That he dodged actual and emotional bullets will weigh heavily on his future decisions. But he also knows it's time for big changes. Maybe Scotty will be part of that. Scotty is somewhat intrigued by Evan and sees potential in the guy. Will that be enough for him to make a move?

Rocco and his boys are probably at a teathered end.

Hi Jack,

I really like "That's the Chicago Way" as well as most of your other stories. I do have one small criticism; the Glock 22, for that matter any of the Glock pistols are semi-automatics. A revolver has a cylinder which contains the cartridges, while a semi-auto has a magazine to hold the cartridges. (Oh and the bullet is just the porjectile part of the cartridge.) This is a small detail and many might see it as nitpicking, but when incorrect terms are applied it does detract from the story. at least for those readers who have knowledge about a given topic.

Keep up the great work.

Sincerely

Pete Roholt

Hi Jack,

I really like "That's the Chicago Way" as well as most of your other stories. I do have one small criticism; the Glock 22, for that matter any of the Glock pistols are semi-automatics. A revolver has a cylinder which contains the cartridges, while a semi-auto has a magazine to hold the cartridges. (Oh and the bullet is just the porjectile part of the cartridge.) This is a small detail and many might see it as nitpicking, but when incorrect terms are applied it does detract from the story. at least for those readers who have knowledge about a given topic.

Keep up the great work.

Sincerely

Pete Roholt

Not nitpicking, Pete. This is a valid point and I've already gone back into Ch 16 to make the correction. Two other readers alerted me to my boo-boo via emails. Al least we can agree that the bullet part of the cartridge did its job.

Good to have you amongst the forum group.

Jack

With the latest installment, this story is in the can, I mean finished. I like that it was a tight, well plotted story that didn't go into a lot of minutiae and background. I also liked that characters from past stories surfaced and I expect that to continue as some of them are interesting and somewhat challenging of certain stereotypes. I will certainly look forward to the next iteration of the author's offerings.

Thanks, guys, for your support following this tale. I know we'll revisit these characters in Chicago somewhere in the future.

I'm off to NYC tomorrow for a little fun and frolic, including a few Broadway shows and exploring some old haunts. See you soon.

Great story, Jack. My only disappointment is that it didn't last longer...but that's what sequels are for.

I thought for sure that Scotty and Kris were going to get together, but all's well that ends well.

• 3 weeks later...

Great story, Jack. My only disappointment is that it didn't last longer...but that's what sequels are for.

I thought for sure that Scotty and Kris were going to get together, but all's well that ends well.

Yes, a sequel indeed will be in the future. To quote WS, "All's well that ends well."

I'm happy that over 1,400 readers are following the story and I appreciate the support. Had a great time in NYC - managed to see 5 shows in 6 days. Priscilla is 'gay as a goose,' and Daniel Radcliffe is excellent in "How to Succeed.." BTW, there's a studly cast member - Charlie Williams - who really rang my chimes. Check out his site:

http://www.iamcharliewilliams.com/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...