Straight Guys/Girls

I think its awesome that we have people from all over the spectrum, from straight to gay to lesbian to trans to bi and everything in between. Posted Image I'm just curious though, what compelled our beloved straight members to join GA?

Guest irishmom60

I'm also a widow (lots of time to read). I followed a link and found lots of interesting stories to read. Gay/straight, it doesn't matter. A good story is worth reading.

I really like that there are straight people here. Often we see straight people as those who are often against us, but it's not so black and white. Our supporters in the straight community are there. I am so glad they are here, and I must admit there there are several straight women who really like my stories. :D

• Like 1

truthfully said, i too recently joined dis. I am straight but i am fascinated with same-sex relationships. So wat if i am straight? At the end of d day, love and acceptance is something we all want. I live in a country where your caste, sub-caste, community, wealth, social status are of great importance while finding a life partner. U r not allowed to b free even if u straight. My parents found out abt my bf wen i was 15 n things have been hell since. Its been four years. Yet i am still not free. Bt its a world of creativity! Writing is fun after all

• Like 2

Well, I joined GA because I was looking for help with writing gay characters. Then I fell for the place--lots of great stories and talented authors and, above all, some of the nicest people I've met!

Also, my husband thinks the site is great and likes that I write and submit stories here. He's also particularly impressed with how much people (esp. my beta reader :P) supports each other here.

• Like 4

Technically I am not straight, I am bisexual BUT I am married to the man of my dreams and carrying his child. So it looks like I'm straight LOL

I felt a bit nervous joining at first cause I was like 'ah crap I'm not technically gay' but I soon found out that it didn't matter. I joined because I have a lot of gay themes in my stories, wanted advice about what a good gay character should be like and because I just love writing in general.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • Site Administrator

I noticed this when I was posting gay (slash) Harry Potter Fanfiction stories on FanFiction.net. Most of my fans are girls. lol

I'm definitely glad that people are comfortable here :)

• Like 1

I'm not sure why I joined this site. Probably because I just wanted to randomly comment on the threads on the forums of some of my favourite authors here :D

Actually, I'm also into the slash/gay stories scene elsewhere where most of the authors are female. It's nice to come to a place where you can come across stories mostly written by males.

It's a bit uncomfortable to read that a lot of gay people seem to think that straight people are the 'enemy', so might as well let people know there are straight people who fully support you and are gay-friendly. :D

• Like 1

I am straight. I don't trust straight relationships so much. I have fallen out of a bad one myself. That kind of led me to doubt them and I started looking for ones that weren't so much like mine. I am a girl but I like to read lesbian stories as well. As for gay, well they include two of my favourite gender people. :P

I don't know and don't really care if it really is how I like to think it is, but I feel that having a straight relationship that's void of true love is so much more possible since it's so easily achievable. It's easy to experiment and move on. But same sex couples are not so fortunate. If they're ready to get together even once to see if it's working, it must mean something.

I'm a sucker for romance. So probably I search for all the places where I can find it. :D

• Like 1

I've always wondered if Straight guys get along with lesbians the way straight females sometimes get along with gay guys. And by get along, I don't mean "dude, seeing two chicks make out would be sooo hooot"

• Like 1

I joined because my friend bribed/forced/blackmailed me to join.

nah, i was just kidding. :P But i found the site through him. Anyway, I love reading and I'm really into slash fanfiction and stuff, so reading gay/lez stories never bothered me. And since this place has really good stories (high quality ones i mean), it's a joy for avid readers like me! Plus some have really hot scenes, so definitely no complaints! :lmao:

Edited by Quey

I want to be straight - then I could figure out why I keep coming here (hehehehe)

I'm wondering myself why so many straight men and women love GA. I don't know why but It's great that they do! :great:

Hmm.. I came to this site awhile ago. I like to think I made a few friends. I learned a lot about writing here as well. I didn't really come here for understanding or anything like that. I just started writing a bit of gay-oriented fiction for some friends and then a fan/friend pointed me to GA. It's for the most part, a place where people can feel that they can be themselves. So that's good and it is an appealing thing about the site.