It Gets Better Project

I usually fast forward through commercials, but luckily I watching this one about the 'It gets better" Project while watching Glee. First I heard about it. Great concept...

"Many LGBT youth can't picture what their lives might be like as openly gay adults. They can't imagine a future for themselves. So let's show them what our lives are like, let's show them what the future may hold in store for them."

http://www.itgetsbetter.org/

Edited by NaperVic
  • Like 1

WOW that ate into my writing time :P

I have been watching it for ages. What an absolutely fabulous idea and those videos... gods those people impressed me, all of them.

WATCH THEM.

A Fantastic project. If it saves and helps just one young person make it through a rough time in their life it will have been worth it. The only sad part is that such a program is needed at all.

Take Care

Tomas

Wow. This is an amazing and hopefully life-changing initiative. Young people are so focused on the now that it's so good to hear and see folks talk about the future. It's a voice of hope, and hope enables us to accomplish the impossible. I have so much respect for the people in those videos and to the folks who put this project together. Wow.

:worship:

The It Gets Better Project is an incredible inspiration and I hope that the message keeps spreading because it needs to. For those that don't know, the It Gets Better Project supports The Trevor Project, GLSEN, and the ACLU LGBT Project. Google is now behind it and one of the many reasons that I believe that there is absolute genius behind this company. Their products are amazing whether you want to talk about the Google phone (Android) and witness its outstanding GPS powered by Google Earth, its search engine, YouTube, or even Blogger, they spare no expense in the pursuit of excellence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7skPnJOZYdA&feature=player_embedded

The above advertisement was paid for by Google and was run during this week's episode of Glee during the first commercial break. I watch Glee irregularly as I just prefer different "kinds" of shows. But I do occasionally watch it. But that's not what I wanted to say here.

Google is using its dollars to speak about an important cause. There continues to be so much negative and hateful speech out there for LGBT people and this was a huge counter to that. They are an enormous company sticking their neck out to purchase ad time on one of TV's top shows and saying to the world that they support gay people and that it does indeed get better. Gay youth are a huge part of the homeless problem everywhere and I see it in Utah as I'm a State Social Worker. Kids that are born gay are kicked out of their homes and forced to live on the streets because their parents see it as a lifestyle choice and we all know that it isn't.

Thank you Google and to all of the people that signed on with this message in this advertisement from celebrities like Lady Gaga, Adam Lambert, Kathy Griffin, and Anne Hathaway to people I've never seen.

One message,

"There is art to be made, there are songs to be sung, and your life

is going to be amazing. However bad it is now, it gets better, and it can be

great. It's worth sticking around for and you are perfect and wonderful exactly

the way you are. We love you without even knowing

you."

Writers please be responsible with your words. You are more powerful than you can possibly imagine and what you put down will be read by people that you can never know. You have so many stories to tell, so much talent, and I just want to ask you to please be aware of this.

Your work shall outlive you and become your legacy. What you pen today can change the world.