Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Comments

Oh no, I started a story that wasn't complete I swore I would never do that again.

I have just "caught up" with what you have written so far on Circumnavigation and thank you. I have not been in the boating world for a few years and have enjoyed the trip down memory lane of those wonderful adventures. Now I am simple frustrated because I did not notice that it was a work in progress before I started down this adventure. I hope you have a auto-responder for those of us that want the rest of the story.

Just a note that chapter 60 does not load correctly and it makes it very hard to read, that is on Explorer, I did not try it on another browser.

I have really enjoyed your characters and their banter. Some of the particulars' of the story I automatically rejected out of hand while reading, and chalked it up to the fiction writing community as a whole. Your details of regions, history's and boating technical descriptions have been great.

I see the advantages of publishing one chapter at a time and I also now see the disadvantages. A book that would be put together and then edited would lend it's self to better editing and less duplication in the story line while this type of publishing gives you a lot of latitude for good story writing.

Thanks again for your story and I await the continuation of all the characters. Tim

• Like 1

Just a note that chapter 60 does not load correctly and it makes it very hard to read, that is on Explorer, I did not try it on another browser.

I just tested Chapter 60 of Circumnavigation with the following versions of IE using IETester: 5.5, 6, 7, 8, and 9. It renders perfectly with all of these versions.

I'd check to see if you have an add-in that's causing problems with IE.

Colin B)

I'll check into the chapter 60 issue, thanks!

Circumnavigation usually posts weekly, and though I'm not certain on the final chapter count yet, it will be under 100 for sure. :)

This is a great thriller read and has been lots of fun for summer reading...

The chapter 60 problem seems to have resolved it's self. I just checked on the same browser I was using and now it is fine so it must have been a glitch the night I was reading. I simply copied and pasted it into word so I could continue on..

Circumnavigation usually posts weekly, and though I'm not certain on the final chapter count yet, it will be under 100 for sure. :)

I'll believe this when I see it! You started the story saying it wasn't going to be more than 30 chapters and I am editing chapter 79 now. You really think you can get Trevor safely back to Florida, find his Mom and get hitched to a stellar guy in 20 chapters? :wacko:

Don't get me wrong, Oh Great King Cliffie. You know I love your stories, but you have about as much success at predicting the number of chapters the story will run as any local weather forecaster does predicting when it will rain! :ranger:

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

I'll believe this when I see it! You started the story saying it wasn't going to be more than 30 chapters and I am editing chapter 79 now. You really think you can get Trevor safely back to Florida, find his Mom and get hitched to a stellar guy in 20 chapters? :wacko:

Don't get me wrong, Oh Great King Cliffie. You know I love your stories, but you have about as much success at predicting the number of chapters the story will run as any local weather forecaster does predicting when it will rain! :ranger:

I second this sentiment :lol:

Emoe!!! :blink:

King cliffie?? :blink: But but but... you know I never, ever use cliffhangers! :ph34r:

As for winning that particular award every time but one that it's been offered, I was framed!! By an EEEviiil conspiracy!! :blink:

Well, as for number of chapters... I did, when first sketching out the plot, say it would be 20 to 25 chapters in total. I will admit that it's possible that I might have been mistaken... :ph34r:

Remember... I cannot count. :ph34r:

But, I'm pretty sure Circumnavigation will have less than 100 chapters. The last two chapters and the epilogue were written at the very start of the story, and large blocks of text between chapter 81 and the end are already written. :)

However... you're overlooking something... what's the one way to bring the story to an ending fast? Bridget wins, and Trevor's head is shipped home (eastbound, thus completing his circumnavigation) to appear on Sanchez's platter. 0:)

I second this sentiment :lol:

Awww... hopefully not the cliffies bit? :unsure:

You could do that, but I don't think even you are THAT cruel.

True... nothing bad ever happens to my characters, which is part of why we always remember that I never use cliffhangers! :ph34r:0:)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..