The Day is Here! (or Who is a Total Geek?)

So who else is going to see Harry Potter tonight at 12:01AM in 3D IMAX?

I mean this is IT! The end of an era. I have 13 years invested in this series. It is almost like saying goodbye to friends you know you'll never see again.

I decided not to see the midnight showing this time. I hate having to wait two hours for the movie in order to get a seat, and I always get stuck next to someone who's quiet waiting, then won't shut up during the entire movie, and sobs when something bad happens. I'm going to see a matinee instead. BUT IM SO EXCITED!

I haven't decided yet. I love midnight showings and Harry Potter but the last one I went to was for The Hangover 2 and it took almost an hour for the line snaking it's way around the whole theater to even start moving so I can't imagine how bad it'll be for Harry Potter. Not sure if I wanna deal with that today.

Saw the first Harry Potter movie on HBO or Showtime or one of the movie channels, I forget which one. And I was somewhat underwhelmed. So I made no effort to see any of the other ones.

I checked online to see what the ticket prices were for this newest one. 11 freakin' dollars at some theaters! Forget that; you would have to pay ME to wait in line for hours to watch this drivel.

Why didn't you read deathly hallows? It was the last one. Didn't you want to know how it would end?

I think I'm just one of those people that needs to read everything at once. I've done that with a few stories. By the time the last book came out I had read all the others a few times, but there was such a gap in release time that when the seventh came out I didn't feel like rereading the whole series and then the seventh one. I just felt neutral about it. But I will go see the movie.

I've never quite understood 'Potter mania' to be honest. I've seen the movies, they're ok.The plot is interesting enough. Maybe I just can't take Daniel Radcliff seriously as Harry Potter..

I probably will watch the final one at some point but I'm not overly excited about it.

is that a heavenly choir I hear singing...

halleluiah

halleluiah

halleluiah

it's OVER

This! Or is that the deathly halleluiahs :D

Unfortunately, though, it just means we will have to start the process over with another character. Ah, well, variety is the spice of hype, I suppose :D

Everything you ever wanted (or needed) to know about Harry Potter! (the video contains spoilers for the first 7 movies)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=L3AdfZ346wg

Harry Potter, murderer, age 11. <-- probably my favorite line. Plus, I love how they highlight things from the movie by going "We have no idea!" They do this so well. :lmao:

I think I'm just one of those people that needs to read everything at once. I've done that with a few stories. By the time the last book came out I had read all the others a few times, but there was such a gap in release time that when the seventh came out I didn't feel like rereading the whole series and then the seventh one. I just felt neutral about it. But I will go see the movie.

That is why I only started reading the books when the seventh one came out. Then I read one book a day.

Everything you ever wanted (or needed) to know about Harry Potter! (the video contains spoilers for the first 7 movies)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=L3AdfZ346wg

Harry Potter, murderer, age 11. <-- probably my favorite line. Plus, I love how they highlight things from the movie by going "We have no idea!" They do this so well. :lmao:

Those guys are so mean to poor Dumbledore. I love Dumbledore!

The books are better, but I freely admit that the CGI's drew me into the world of enchantment first as a kid :P

Hmm, I was around 13-14, when the first movie came out. I didn't know that other guys were along for the ride of Harry Potter series as well. In any case, I am hoping to make it to a matinee tomorrow, so don't spoil it for me.

As for Daniel radcliffe, he was nice as his character developed and learned about the magical world. However, I wonder what he will do after the series is over. He could put on a few showings of Equus for his fans :P .