Open Club  ·  281 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Favorate moments in the CAP Saga

After rereading again the whole Saga I wonder what are your favorate moments in the CAP saga? I could list mine but there so many of them. Three of them are in Bloodlines alone. In chapter six when Matt first meets Brad and Robbie, the second is when Wade thinks Matt maybe dieing, and the third is Wade and JP in the Great hall in front of Tonto picture. What are yours?

• Like 1

I'm not sure if you wanted to hear my opinion, but what the f**k.

I'll have to think about this one, but off the top of my head, I like:

1. When Robbie went swimming in the bay. (Be Rad)

2. When JP asks Stef to grow old with him (If it Fits)

3. Matt's first meeting with Robbie. (Bloodlines)

4. Robbie's Fettuccini feast. (Millennium)

For me it would have been that moment when JP conked the security guard at Princeton. That pebble in the pond set this whole story.

I got involved with Mark's writing team after chapter 2 of CAP was posted, because J.P. mentioned his plans on taking Peter Gordon down to the Delaware beaches. The problem was that at that time, Rehoboth Beach(and the general mid-Atlantic Coast) was totally ripped apart by the Ash Wednesday Storm of 1962. I remembered reading about a documentary on the storm, and so I went with Mark about this storm. He incorporated the after-effects of the storm into chapter 3 of CAP, which was pretty neat. It really gave a romantic, isolated setting for the two. One interesting, coincidental fact- there's indeed a strong black community east of Rehoboth Beach, so that barbeque scene was actually pretty realistic for the time and era.

My favorite moments...

1. When Robbie and Matt meet for the first time.

2. When Sam sees Robbie standing next to Jeff's El Dorado.

3. When Nathan Hayes confronts his long-lost brother Aaron who's very much not dead at all. (I liked the touch that Frank was just too mad to even see the guy.)

4.When Brad takes a sledgehammer to Robbie's car. (Wow. You do NOT want to have a break-up with Brad.)

5. When Bitty and Brad have a custody battle over Darius and JJ that winds with her ending up dead.

• Like 2

As i was at work I was thinking of a few more:

1. In CAP when Jeff visited JP at Christmas in Claremont saying " Ho Ho Ho I'm Santa and I've come to ____ you"

2. In MIM Clair's wedding, Brad"s best mans toast.

3. Grandmaman's death in MIM.

4. At the end of the Box when JP asks how Stef is. Stef's tribute to his father.

5. In If it fits when JP reveals the truth to his family.

Edited by rjo

As i was at work I was thinking of a few more:

1. In CAP when Jeff visited JP at Christmas in Claremont saying " Ho Ho Ho I'm Santa and I've come to ____ you"

2. In MIM Clair's wedding, Brad"s best mans toast.

3. Grandmaman's death in MIM.

4. At the end of the Box when JP asks how Stef is. Stef's tribute to his father.

5. In If it fits when JP reveals the truth to his family.

The last part of "The Box" wouldn't have been there if not for Sharon. She's the one who told me it needed a better ending, with closure for Stef. She was right.

• Like 1

The last part of "The Box" wouldn't have been there if not for Sharon. She's the one who told me it needed a better ending, with closure for Stef. She was right.

I usually am.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

One more great moment in Bloodlines when Wade whispers to Matt “You made me love you when I didn't want to. Then you jumped in and saved my life. You can't leave me now,” I pleaded. “You can't. You have to wake up and spend your life with me. That's how it has to be.” Even Shakespeare or the Bible would have difficulty coming up to this unbelievable plea.

Edited by rjo

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..