WARNING - FACEBOOK NUMBERS

Nephylim

A friend warned me that all members telephone numbers are revealed to theire friend.

I checked and it's true. I have ALL your numbers. Be afraid. Be very afriad.

Check it out.

Cliet Account... then Edit Friends... then Contacts and every on of your friends' telephone numbers will be shown.

I don't really care who has my number but I am sure that some of you guys won't be too happy

• Like 1

A heads up on this is that it only shows if you have inputted your phone number. If you go to your profile and click on "info" under your picture, if your phone number doesn't show there then no one on your friends list has it unless you have personally given it to them.

Wow. I'm so glad I don't have a Facebook. That's just WAY too intrusive.

I agree. Facebook is intrusive and untrustworthy. They gave me a very good reason for kicking Facebook out of my life.

It defaults to friends and assumes you give your phone number to friends.

They did put out an email way back about this but many people ignore it

so its best review the options and when in doubt set your privacy options to custom on each item like address, phone, etc

• Site Administrator

Just to add... if you happen to have Windows Phone 7... and you connect facebook... all those numbers are automatically entered in your phone...

That's why you have privacy filters on who can and cannot see your phone number! The settings are there for you to edit on Facebook under Privacy Settings.

I view Facebook as the nosy neighbor who you generally want to keep away from to prevent gossip. If you don't put your info out publicly, either put up your privacy settings/filters up before you add the friend, or don't add the friend at all. Most of all, lock it down from public view, especially sensitive information like your cell number.

• Site Moderator

I heard this in the news this morning that on November 5th, a group is planning to hack FB and no one will be safe. It was also said that even if you delete your account, it won't help Now I guess the question is, will it happen or is this just an attempt to scare people?

I so rarely ever get on FB. There’s too much drama on there. They only get the information that you’ve put on there. Be smart about what you put out there. Any time a website asks me for my phone number- I give a fake one (always the same- my 1st phone number when I moved away from home so it’s always matches) Crazy how much personal information people put out there. If someone in real life knows me then they already have my address, home phone number and cell phone number. There’s no need to post it in cyberspace. If not, or it’s someone I’ve lost touch with then they can send me a PM to reconnect.

• Like 1

• Site Moderator

I used to have a My Space account. I got rid of it. I was tired of getting friend requests from people I didn't know. I think all they were after was to see how many 'friends' they could collect.

For myself I really don't care if anyone hacks my FB. I'm an open book. If someone calls that I don't want to speak to, I'll hang up. If someone comes to my door that I don't want to see then I'll close the and if necessary call the police. I have obtained enough restraining orders for clients to know how to get one for myself.

My real concern is what someone can discover through my account about others.

Just to add... if you happen to have Windows Phone 7... and you connect facebook... all those numbers are automatically entered in your phone...

Also true with new Android phones like Samsung Infuse.

Best advice, make sure you set privacy settings and don't post on the net unless you don't wish to be followed :D

Don't forget to get a google+ account, when those things become abundant (I feel like I should start becoming a google-vangelist, seriously after I begun using google stuff more and more, I am now wired to google. They're not perfect, but they're much better in some departments than Microsoft or Apple)

Also true with new Android phones like Samsung Infuse.

Best advice, make sure you set privacy settings and don't post on the net unless you don't wish to be followed :D

Don't forget to get a google+ account, when those things become abundant (I feel like I should start becoming a google-vangelist, seriously after I begun using google stuff more and more, I am now wired to google. They're not perfect, but they're much better in some departments than Microsoft or Apple)

I love my Samsung InFuse! :D Are you still running the stock firmware?

• 1 month later...

people make me laugh when they get upset about their information being used from facebook etc. it's like, really? you put the information on there. you put it on the internet and opened your life to the masses. the only one to blame is you.

people make me laugh when they get upset about their information being used from facebook etc. it's like, really? you put the information on there. you put it on the internet and opened your life to the masses. the only one to blame is you.

Every word you say is true!

Except that if you were to ask most folks - especially those older than you - how to edit their Facebook privacy settings, you might actually see a little drool as they try to parse what the hell you just asked them to do. Between Scrabble and Farmville, they're working hard just to keep their mouse centered on the mousepad while jamming a doughnut down the piehole. Privacy? What's that? Hang on, this website wants me to click OK to get the new pink pony cursor pack!

Most people don't have a friggin clue about how to protect their privacy, since most people wouldn't know how to "change the internet page to the google", let alone find their privacy settings in Facebook without someone pointing a finger at the specific area of the screen where they need to click.

Facebook is also notorious for burying critically-exposing features deep within the settings so they aren't easy to find. They know their audience and they know the doughnut-aiming is more important than the privacy-watching Which is why they are ALSO notorious for quietly changing a setting here or there, without notifying you, and therefore exposing information you had previously marked private.

It's my opinion that the only way to win at Facebook is not to play.

Edited by Gene Splicer PHD

This is why you give networking sites as little information about you as possible. My facebook has zip on me and even a false name so unless I tell someone specifically it's mine, they have no way to connect it to me.

• Like 1

This is why you give networking sites as little information about you as possible. My facebook has zip on me and even a false name so unless I tell someone specifically it's mine, they have no way to connect it to me.

Then whats the point of even having a Facebook account?

• Like 1

Then whats the point of even having a Facebook account?

stalking random people without them knowing its you? that or as a role playing thing. i remember i used to have 5 xanga accounts. one was me and the others were role playing accounts.