i am really sad that hary potter is done.. :'(

AsmodeusBoy7

I wouldn't go as far as saying I'm sad it ended but since every good story has an end I really did enjoy reading each book (the books were well-written while the movies were just OK IMO).

There are so many amazing books and stories out there just take a pick, without doubt you'll find a great one one to succeed to the one that just ended.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I love Susan Coopers Dark is rising series! It made me take interest in welsh language and old english lore and culture.

I like David and Leigh Eddings two sagas The Belgariad and The Malloreon, very dry humor in them.

My kid sister got me to read City of bones, and I quite like it... I might read the rest of the series if I can find the time.

It's not exactly the same as Harry Potter, but it centers around young people discovering who they are and new abilities...

I am also a HUGE Starkid fan!

• Like 1

Diane Duane has a series of books with young wizards in them - a very enjoyable read.

Susan Cooper's 'The Dark Is Rising' series is also rather special.

I LOVE 'The Dark Is Rising'. My favourite is The Grey King, for reasons that will become obvious if you read it :P

Oh, and you could always try writing fan fiction to extend the story.

Not particularly sad that it finished. They were fun books and films but both seemed to slide downhill towards the end. As for other stuff to read... well, there is a HUGE fandom out there so you aren;t short of fiction. Sadly can;t really reccomend much (stopped luriking in it years ago because of the effort required to find the good stuff) but I'm sure there are some people on here who can reccomend good fanfic.

It may not be over anyway. JK Rowling hasn't ruled out writing another book in the series. One thing is certain. She is going to publish a Harry Potter encyclopedia. I'm interested in learning exactly how a horcrux is created. :evil:

• Like 1

Diane Duane has a series of books with young wizards in them - a very enjoyable read.

Susan Cooper's 'The Dark Is Rising' series is also rather special.

I'd also suggest both of those series as well as Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare

• 3 weeks later...

I'd also suggest both of those series as well as Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare

I love Cassandra Clare, the Prequels to the Mortal Instruments are really good. They're called "The Infernal Devices." The next book in the prequels is due out in December. :)

i agree with them being an amazing series. I'm not an obsessed fan ... *glances at hard copies and nook containing digital copies* I just like the story ... *looks at dvd's blurays, and digital movies* J.K. created some amazing characters ... *stares at Daniel Radcliffe poster*

Okay, in all seriousness, I am sad to see the 'official' story end but i am also happy to have grown up with and had Harry & co. with me throughout my childhood. I'm proud to have been an H.P. kid in school.

actually, that is a good question. is there a place that wizards and witches can go for higher learning or is it 7 years and done? i mean, where can they learn wandlore and be wandcrafters like olivander? do they have to travel the world and find it out all on their own or is it like and apprenticeship? good questions that should be posed to j.k.

Absolutely! My friends and I are obsessed with HP! We dressed up as characters in all the movie releases and every now and then we have HP Movie Marathons and we quote lines and stuff.

We're so cheesey :D

I <3 HP and I <3 J.K. Rowling. My childhood is sincerely affected by both of them!

• Like 1