What Movies Are You Looking Forward To?

methodwriter85

I can't wait to see the Hunger Games and the Amazing Spider Man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87I0lds2MhM&feature=related

The concept is pretty awesome, and from all accounts Jennifer Lawrence is a pretty solid actress. Plus, there's Liam Hemsworth. I mean, what more could you want?

I'm seriously amped for Andrew Garfield as Spiderman. And I'm Emma Stone's bitch, so I can't wait to see her in this. I think this is going to blow the Tobey Maguire movies out of the water- I can't wait!

If the Hunger Games is half as good as the books I'll be content. As long as it isn't another Eragon disaster. Another one I'm waiting for is the Avengers movie.

i keep hearing buzz that they are making, "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" into a movie. I loved the book by Seth Grahame-Smith and would love to see the movie. Also, I love the 'Mortal Instruments' series by Cassandra Clare and they are supposted to be making it into a movie too.

The only movie I want to see right now out in the movies is Chronicle. :D

I know this has been hyped for the last year, but I can't wait to see it:

Is it wrong to love a comic book hero, who is so tragically flawed and human? (I would give Nolan the steering wheel of the Superman franchise next, if Warner Brothers and DC were smart)

The Hunger Games especially. :) And then the Mortal Instruments.. if it doesn't get delayed... they already have re-written the script three or so times.. and that has stalled casting.

Jennifer Lawrence is a fine actress, I'm glad they went with her for Hunger Games... as long as the films stay true to the first two books, I can stomach watching the movie for the third one. :P

Tired of remakes. Spiderman, et al has been done to death. Please God, give it a rest. I don't want to see re-made, re-packaged, re-imagined, regurgitated films. If it wasn't a classic the first time, why the hell would you do it again?

The Hunger Games looks interesting.

Prometheus by Ridley Scott will be awesome.

Really looking forward to Peter Jackson's two part rendition of the Hobbit.

World War Z should be interesting if the production company doesn't screw it up.

Tired of remakes. Spiderman, et al has been done to death. Please God, give it a rest. I don't want to see re-made, re-packaged, re-imagined, regurgitated films. If it wasn't a classic the first time, why the hell would you do it again?

It's not actually a remake, though. It's a different story, with Gwen Stacey instead of Mary Jane Watson. And Andrew Garfield is a fine actor- I can see him as Peter Parker and really pulling that role off.

I do generally agree about remakes, though.

Edited by methodwriter85

Then, I guess you won't like Bryan Singer's Battlestar Galactica Posted Image (I'll pass on that one too)

Other than the Dark Knight rising...

The Girl who played with fire, part of the Swedish Film trilogy that began with the girl with dragon Tattoo. I can't wait to see the movie in the US adaptation as the Swedish version is okay and the book was brilliant.

The Hobbit will be fun, but I don't know if people will compare it well with the ring trilogy. Tolkien wrote this story for kids mostly and it was less about the tragedy of war, plus complex themes of naturalism. The Hobbit in my mind should be crisper and brighter than the trilogy based on the material.

To be honest, I personally would wish Peter Jackson and company took on Silmarillion and talk about the ancient wars between the powers leading to the creation of the rings and the rise of the Dark Lord.

The Hobbit is what I did my undergrad and graduate thesis on. Not so light a tale but no where near the darkness of the Lord of the Rings. The encounter with Smaug and the forest elves, plus the time under the ground should all make for good stories, plus the first time you meet Smegal. Although Bilbo will be out of the fighting as he is kept innocent the whole time. I'm hoping the movie is half as good as the Lord.

Battlestar 2003 did something unique in its remake of the original Battlestar (1978). They improved it in every way- writing, cast, production quality.

Unlike most remakes, they actually improved it rather than simply regurgitating it.

I'm not excited about the upcoming Dune and BSG 3.0.

Unless you are fixing a very flawed production or making a MUCH better mousetrap, remakes are a sign of a lack of imagination.

Why remake something mediocre when screenplays for classics like Citizen of the Galaxy or Neuromancer are sitting around gathering dust.

Battlestar 2003 did something unique in its remake of the original Battlestar (1978). They improved it in every way- writing, cast, production quality.

Unlike most remakes, they actually improved it rather than simply regurgitating it.

I'm not excited about the upcoming Dune and BSG 3.0.

Unless you are fixing a very flawed production or making a MUCH better mousetrap, remakes are a sign of a lack of imagination.

Why remake something mediocre when screenplays for classics like Citizen of the Galaxy or Neuromancer are sitting around gathering dust.

What's your opinion then of the Nolan era Batman movie series?

I prefer his interpretation and style over Tim Burton, no offense.

Before Nolan, my favorite interpretation was the DCAU version of cartoons from Bruce Timm. I mean Mask of Phantasm was the best thing I saw as a kid (probably influenced me to have a darker tone in my storytelling as well). Though, the new Batman cartoons can kiss my ass, seriously, kids these days don't know good storytelling from crap. Bruce Timm took on politics, corruption, prostitution, child abuse, and other issues in his cartoon, these new cartoons are just chalked full of hubris and camp.

As for old tv shows and movies, BSG was an awesome show. It had it's frakking flaws :P but it was always unexpected and mesmerizing.

I am not looking forward to the new BSG either, since they are starting back with the "Mormons in space" theme again, ugh!.

Although, I will freely admit the new Star Trek movie was fun and impressive. I mean 20 years of history in science fiction is hard to sum up, but Star Trek comes close as many of today's sci-fi storytellers, directors, and producers got inspiration from Star Trek. (Sorry, Star Wars fans :P )

The other movie to look out for coming up is the new Star Trek movie, Abrams got his work cut out for him.

• 8 months later...

I heard its now a three part ... the good question why is it seven hours long?

I read the novel ... there isn't much to it .. to make it that long

Its a one billion dollar movie ... isn't that expensive?

oh gosh another titanic footsteps again ...

jackson is waving his fee to make the hobbit ... just like what Cameron did with his movie

Really looking forward to Peter Jackson's two part rendition of the Hobbit.

Edited by hh5

How will the Hobbit look compared to LOTR:

Can't wait to see it!

Maybe, they'll splice in some short stories from "The Silmarillion" and we can see the revival of Sauron and rise of Saruman over the wizards to tie into the Fellowship, sort of like a better version of Star Wars Episode 1 (ugh by the way, I hope Gollum is not going to be Jar Jar).

I'm really looking forward to this movie called The Silver Linings Playbook. Based on a pretty awesome book by Matthew Quick, this movie follows Pat(Bradley Cooper), a thirtysomething man trying to rebuild his life after a mental breakdown led to a stint in a mental institution. Divorced but determined to get his wife back, Pat moves back in with his parents where he obsessively works out and reads books in a constant quest for self-improvement. When Pat meets a grieving widow named Tiffany(Jennifer Lawrence), he strikes up an unconventional friendship with her while learning some life lessons along the way.

The book was really good, and I'm reading a lot of good movie reivews for this. I can't wait for this to come out.