74 members have voted

1. 1. Which console is your favorite?

• Xbox 360
    • Playstation 3
    • PC
    • Nintendo Wii
    • Handheld (3DS, PS Vita, etc)
    • Other (explain)

my brother decided to take the one that we share and hook it up in the basement, in his "personal bro-den" (his words) with a crappy TV. He was very strict about when I was allowed to play and when he needed to be playing one of those military games online with "the bros."

Wow. People actually talk like that?

Faith in humanity falling.

Wow. People actually talk like that?

Faith in humanity falling.

I had a friend in college, who was a diehard Madden gamer and does the challenge each year. One day, he was playing up the league on my console, while I was out of the dorm. I encouraged him to keep on trying the challenge, because he's that sort of guy who needed to keep on fighting, like me. Then when I got back, my roommates were playing Halo 2. They basically politely asked him to leave so they could have some game time. It's not that strange for guys to place their gaming pleasure above others.

I felt really bad about it and kind of guilty.

It's not that weird that gamers want to play their own way.

I had a friend in college, who was a diehard Madden gamer and does the challenge each year. One day, he was playing up the league on my console, while I was out of the dorm. I encouraged him to keep on trying the challenge, because he's that sort of guy who needed to keep on fighting, like me. Then when I got back, my roommates were playing Halo 2. They basically politely asked him to leave so they could have some game time. It's not that strange for guys to place their gaming pleasure above others.

I felt really bad about it and kind of guilty.

It's not that weird that gamers want to play their own way.

It's not that. I totally get wanting to play a game your own way and needing to kick people out of the room. I just never heard anyone say stuff like "bro room" or "playing with the bros" unless they were making fun of "dude-bro" type guys. I was just kinda hoping it didn't actually happen <_<

lol, I haven't played with a modern day console.

But I have heard that XBOX was plagued with design issues. How about the other consoles? Did they have issues too?

lol, I haven't played with a modern day console.

But I have heard that XBOX was plagued with design issues. How about the other consoles? Did they have issues too?

The only others would be PS which hasn't changed since one and the Wii which is pretty much simple as all get out. The Xbox controller is just far too big and has FAR too many buttons on it. Everything is so spaced out and uncomfortable, I hardly even try to understand it.

I remember playing some sort of karate game .. I am not sure if it was ps but i didn't know what the buttons do ..

lol, my friend is a karate expert ... but i wip his buttt by pressing all the buttons like crazy

I remember playing some sort of karate game .. I am not sure if it was ps but i didn't know what the buttons do ..

lol, my friend is a karate expert ... but i wip his buttt by pressing all the buttons like crazy

Mortal Kombat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Also, might have been Street Fighters without the secret fatalities :P

My first experience of a video console was of a tennis game I think it was called Pong ! ( Really feeling my age now )

you're only 37..... and pong was a great game

• 1 month later...

It is going to have to be PS3 for me...

I do love my Xbox, we have had some great times together... But Sony is just more humble.

I mean, i am all for accessorizing, but when Microsoft has you paying daft money for things you get free (or cheaper) with a PlayStation. It just seems to me like Sony is more conscious of what the customer is receiving where Microsoft seems more conscious with what they are receiving from the customer.

For example...

Xbox has you signing up for Xbox gold to play online, to watch media players, etc...

PlayStation has free access to internet, a browser and all online connectivity is free as far as they are concerned.

The controllers; With my Xbox, i got a wireless controller, batteries included.With my PlayStation i got a rechargeable controller, (As standard) with a lead to connect it to the PlayStation. For my Xbox, i had to buy a rechargeable controller pack separate, at a very silly price, which didn't last very long so ended up buying a cheap controller that you plug in to a USB port.

There are a few other quirks, like how they keep changing the Xbox dashboard... which seems to get more and more complicated each time they update it. It feels more like a media center than a games console now.

PlayStation just has the Cross Media Bar (XMB) keep it simple straight forward, does most of the things an Xbox does and it's easy to find stuff...

That's just me personally. I love my Xbox, good times, still use it, but PlayStation is just more reliable... and less noisy. :D

Also PC's are great for gaming. There is so much more you can do on a computer, modding and managing your game play... it's just chaos trying to keep up with the latest tech, graphics cards and upgrading... repairs... and that is if your tower and motherboard will accept these new upgrades. And laptop's are okay but you know it will be obsolete after a year or two. It's all very expensive for me, so i just stick to my consoles.

Hand held's get my vote too.

Edited by Arkaven

• 4 weeks later...

Throught out the years ive jumped between playstation and xbox and i would honestly have to say i perfer my xbox over the playstation i really dont know why it just feels like the friendly famliy member whos house you always end up going back to again and agin lol.

as for pc gaming yeah it kicks ass if you have that kinda cash to drop.

althouh Alienware has released a higherend pc that only retails for $700 which if you know how much gaming pcs go for you know that actully a good deal.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I been buying Play Station ever since they came out. Definately Play Station. XBox is kind of complicated and the controller buttons makes me think of when I was in Kindergarten.

But recently I purchased a gaming PC and it really changed my mind from any gaming system because on a computer you can mod every important detail about the game your playing.

and still get the same pleasure of playing with control or whatever.

I stick to playstation, I have a PS3, on top of it is sitting a PS2, on top of it is a PS1. (no i do not get rid of anything lol) but when i got into gaming, it was with playstation, i like the feel of the controller, i hate trying to use my roomies 360, the controller just doesn't feel the same. I'm not a huge gamer, but I like having a couple games to unwind and something to play when i'm struggling with ideas.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm more of a graphic orientation player since I get bored easily with blocky graphics/animation *coughs minecraft* so I choose the PC. Although the comfort of sitting on a couch with potato skins beside you and a cold lagger while playing video games is tempting with the console genre.

Mmm... Potato skins...

• 1 month later...

My first option would be PC, as long as you have good components then you will really enjoy the game. Most games are released for this format anyways and you get better graphics. Handheld devices excluding smartphones would be second.

Xbox reveal smoked the PS4 reveal.

I'm thinking xbox will reign superior once again. Tons of awesome, cool stuff. If they can make it all work correctly the Xbox One is going to be amazing.

Hardest thing I've ever had to answer. I love my 360 because Soul Caliber, Alice: Madness Returns, and the Rockband/Guitar Hero series. BUT I love my PC because of the Sims 3 and indie games. Then my handhelds...I freaking love my handhelds. I still have a NeoGeo, a Gameboy Advance, the orginal Nintendo DS, a 3DS, PSP, and my phone. I love portable gaming. And other goes for my oldies games. I love my Sega Genesis and Gamecube and PS's. What ever would I do without my Mario games and Devil May Cry and the Persona series?

I'm like fangirling right now. I swear right after I post this, I'm gonna go play some Street Fighter.