Cyhort Posted June 18, 2012 Posted June 18, 2012 my brother decided to take the one that we share and hook it up in the basement, in his "personal bro-den" (his words) with a crappy TV. He was very strict about when I was allowed to play and when he needed to be playing one of those military games online with "the bros." Wow. People actually talk like that? Faith in humanity falling.
W_L Posted June 18, 2012 Posted June 18, 2012 Wow. People actually talk like that? Faith in humanity falling. I had a friend in college, who was a diehard Madden gamer and does the challenge each year. One day, he was playing up the league on my console, while I was out of the dorm. I encouraged him to keep on trying the challenge, because he's that sort of guy who needed to keep on fighting, like me. Then when I got back, my roommates were playing Halo 2. They basically politely asked him to leave so they could have some game time. It's not that strange for guys to place their gaming pleasure above others. I felt really bad about it and kind of guilty. It's not that weird that gamers want to play their own way.
thephoenix Posted June 19, 2012 Posted June 19, 2012 I kinda regret selling my PS3...i want to play that uncharted game
Nastasha Posted June 19, 2012 Posted June 19, 2012 Wow. People actually talk like that? Faith in humanity falling. Yes. My faith in humanity died long ago, because of him. 1
Cyhort Posted June 19, 2012 Posted June 19, 2012 I had a friend in college, who was a diehard Madden gamer and does the challenge each year. One day, he was playing up the league on my console, while I was out of the dorm. I encouraged him to keep on trying the challenge, because he's that sort of guy who needed to keep on fighting, like me. Then when I got back, my roommates were playing Halo 2. They basically politely asked him to leave so they could have some game time. It's not that strange for guys to place their gaming pleasure above others. I felt really bad about it and kind of guilty. It's not that weird that gamers want to play their own way. It's not that. I totally get wanting to play a game your own way and needing to kick people out of the room. I just never heard anyone say stuff like "bro room" or "playing with the bros" unless they were making fun of "dude-bro" type guys. I was just kinda hoping it didn't actually happen
VictoryPanda Posted June 19, 2012 Posted June 19, 2012 My hands grew up with a playstation controller in them. Anything else just feels uncomfortable. The Xbox being the worst.
hh5 Posted June 20, 2012 Posted June 20, 2012 lol, I haven't played with a modern day console. But I have heard that XBOX was plagued with design issues. How about the other consoles? Did they have issues too?
VictoryPanda Posted June 20, 2012 Posted June 20, 2012 lol, I haven't played with a modern day console. But I have heard that XBOX was plagued with design issues. How about the other consoles? Did they have issues too? The only others would be PS which hasn't changed since one and the Wii which is pretty much simple as all get out. The Xbox controller is just far too big and has FAR too many buttons on it. Everything is so spaced out and uncomfortable, I hardly even try to understand it.
hh5 Posted June 20, 2012 Posted June 20, 2012 I remember playing some sort of karate game .. I am not sure if it was ps but i didn't know what the buttons do .. lol, my friend is a karate expert ... but i wip his buttt by pressing all the buttons like crazy
Mikelaing74 Posted June 20, 2012 Posted June 20, 2012 My first experience of a video console was of a tennis game I think it was called Pong ! ( Really feeling my age now ) 1
W_L Posted June 20, 2012 Posted June 20, 2012 I remember playing some sort of karate game .. I am not sure if it was ps but i didn't know what the buttons do .. lol, my friend is a karate expert ... but i wip his buttt by pressing all the buttons like crazy Mortal Kombat !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, might have been Street Fighters without the secret fatalities
Scarab Posted June 23, 2012 Posted June 23, 2012 My first experience of a video console was of a tennis game I think it was called Pong ! ( Really feeling my age now ) you're only 37..... and pong was a great game
Arkaven Posted August 1, 2012 Posted August 1, 2012 (edited) It is going to have to be PS3 for me... I do love my Xbox, we have had some great times together... But Sony is just more humble. I mean, i am all for accessorizing, but when Microsoft has you paying daft money for things you get free (or cheaper) with a PlayStation. It just seems to me like Sony is more conscious of what the customer is receiving where Microsoft seems more conscious with what they are receiving from the customer. For example... Xbox has you signing up for Xbox gold to play online, to watch media players, etc... PlayStation has free access to internet, a browser and all online connectivity is free as far as they are concerned. The controllers; With my Xbox, i got a wireless controller, batteries included.With my PlayStation i got a rechargeable controller, (As standard) with a lead to connect it to the PlayStation. For my Xbox, i had to buy a rechargeable controller pack separate, at a very silly price, which didn't last very long so ended up buying a cheap controller that you plug in to a USB port. There are a few other quirks, like how they keep changing the Xbox dashboard... which seems to get more and more complicated each time they update it. It feels more like a media center than a games console now. PlayStation just has the Cross Media Bar (XMB) keep it simple straight forward, does most of the things an Xbox does and it's easy to find stuff... That's just me personally. I love my Xbox, good times, still use it, but PlayStation is just more reliable... and less noisy. Also PC's are great for gaming. There is so much more you can do on a computer, modding and managing your game play... it's just chaos trying to keep up with the latest tech, graphics cards and upgrading... repairs... and that is if your tower and motherboard will accept these new upgrades. And laptop's are okay but you know it will be obsolete after a year or two. It's all very expensive for me, so i just stick to my consoles. Hand held's get my vote too. Edited August 1, 2012 by Arkaven
LemonFresh Posted August 26, 2012 Posted August 26, 2012 Throught out the years ive jumped between playstation and xbox and i would honestly have to say i perfer my xbox over the playstation i really dont know why it just feels like the friendly famliy member whos house you always end up going back to again and agin lol. as for pc gaming yeah it kicks ass if you have that kinda cash to drop. althouh Alienware has released a higherend pc that only retails for $700 which if you know how much gaming pcs go for you know that actully a good deal.
lonelysoul Posted October 24, 2012 Posted October 24, 2012 I love the classic N64. Had so many good, original games.
Zachary McGinness Posted December 13, 2012 Posted December 13, 2012 I'm a Sony boy...soooooo the PS3 for sure!
Wally J. Posted December 29, 2012 Posted December 29, 2012 I been buying Play Station ever since they came out. Definately Play Station. XBox is kind of complicated and the controller buttons makes me think of when I was in Kindergarten. But recently I purchased a gaming PC and it really changed my mind from any gaming system because on a computer you can mod every important detail about the game your playing. and still get the same pleasure of playing with control or whatever.
layla Posted December 29, 2012 Posted December 29, 2012 I stick to playstation, I have a PS3, on top of it is sitting a PS2, on top of it is a PS1. (no i do not get rid of anything lol) but when i got into gaming, it was with playstation, i like the feel of the controller, i hate trying to use my roomies 360, the controller just doesn't feel the same. I'm not a huge gamer, but I like having a couple games to unwind and something to play when i'm struggling with ideas.
rainbowfingers Posted March 24, 2013 Posted March 24, 2013 well I think it depends what game you are playing on. Well, for halo, i would not pick the wii. lol. its not even on there. I think we can all agree wii= needs improvement. lolz. definetly ps3 xbox or pc/computer
Henry_Henry2012 Posted April 16, 2013 Posted April 16, 2013 I'm more of a graphic orientation player since I get bored easily with blocky graphics/animation *coughs minecraft* so I choose the PC. Although the comfort of sitting on a couch with potato skins beside you and a cold lagger while playing video games is tempting with the console genre. Mmm... Potato skins...
IamPhoenix Posted May 19, 2013 Posted May 19, 2013 My first option would be PC, as long as you have good components then you will really enjoy the game. Most games are released for this format anyways and you get better graphics. Handheld devices excluding smartphones would be second.
iSimba Posted May 21, 2013 Posted May 21, 2013 The new xbox reveal is Tuesday at 1 est for anyone interested in watching it.
iSimba Posted May 21, 2013 Posted May 21, 2013 Xbox reveal smoked the PS4 reveal. I'm thinking xbox will reign superior once again. Tons of awesome, cool stuff. If they can make it all work correctly the Xbox One is going to be amazing.
Susuki Redd Posted May 24, 2013 Posted May 24, 2013 Hardest thing I've ever had to answer. I love my 360 because Soul Caliber, Alice: Madness Returns, and the Rockband/Guitar Hero series. BUT I love my PC because of the Sims 3 and indie games. Then my handhelds...I freaking love my handhelds. I still have a NeoGeo, a Gameboy Advance, the orginal Nintendo DS, a 3DS, PSP, and my phone. I love portable gaming. And other goes for my oldies games. I love my Sega Genesis and Gamecube and PS's. What ever would I do without my Mario games and Devil May Cry and the Persona series? I'm like fangirling right now. I swear right after I post this, I'm gonna go play some Street Fighter.
Slytherin Posted May 29, 2013 Posted May 29, 2013 Now I only play games on my PC - I had a PS2 a few years ago but I sold it, prefere my PC
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now