Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Sorry! Circumnavigation on hold for a week.

I promised I'd avoid doing this again for the remainder of the story, but... 7 day delay in the posting of the next chapter. Sorry.. I had a busy week with included a business trip, plus it's lightning season here.

However, while we wait, we can all take solace in words that appeared in Low Flyer's e-mail to me; "At least we're at a nice, restful pausing point."

However, while we wait, we can all take solace in words that appeared in Low Flyer's e-mail to me; "At least we're at a nice, restful pausing point."

Thereby demonstrating, in a single sentence, the limitations of purely text-based communication! Posted Image

• Like 1

Thereby demonstrating, in a single sentence, the limitations of purely text-based communication! Posted Image

Wish we could have seen your facial expressions and body language both when you made the statement and when you heard about the delay.

Posted Image ...................'Tis the way of the goat, climbing up and down those cliffs with a manuscript in mouth is a hard task.. So

he gives us a cliffhanger followed by weeks delay, followed by chapter, cliffhanger, weeks delay and chapter!! Posted Image

Edited by Benji
  • Site Moderator

In a manner of speaking, the next chapter has been posted. I had it in my email box this morning.

On another note, I've started to re-read the story. I finished last night, converting it to pdf format for my Nook eReader. So far it's up to 1362 pages in length and 825,655 words. This isn't the first time I've done this with one of CJ's stories and I've only shared it with one person, the author.

Just finished proofreading the chapter and I can tell you it is worth the wait. Beginning with the title, which C J has not disclosed, it will hold your attention.

Is MikeL's statement a cliffhanger by extension?

• Like 1

And half as long again as War and Peace.

Actually it's 2/3 longer.

War and Peace contains roughly 550'000 words in English or French translation.

Russian original (current spelling as of 1961 and 1992 rules) consists of 477'736 words in 3'102'505 chars (spaces included).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest_novels CJ currently holds 4th place and I have no doubt he'll take 3rd... if not 2nd ;). But that's only counting quality stories with breathtaking plot. If we'll count all the graphomans here, at nifty or iomfats, I guess they surpass any decent writer...

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Hardly.

I see nothing indicated by MikeL to make it a cliffhanger. He's also reminding the Goat about posting the next chapter title.

Russian original (current spelling as of 1961 and 1992 rules) consists of 477'736 words in 3'102'505 chars (spaces included).

http://en.wikipedia...._longest_novels CJ currently holds 4th place and I have no doubt he'll take 3rd... if not 2nd Posted Image. But that's only counting quality stories with breathtaking plot. If we'll count all the graphomans here, at nifty or iomfats, I guess they surpass any decent writer...

Well, I was speaking roughly but, my goodness, you're right. He's in 4th place!

CJ, you've written the 4th longest novel ever! And you're not even finished yet.

It's going to be a heck of a job editing it into a reasonable-length for the film version...

Posted Image ...................'Tis the way of the goat, climbing up and down those cliffs with a manuscript in mouth is a hard task.. So

he gives us a cliffhanger followed by weeks delay, followed by chapter, cliffhanger, weeks delay and chapter!! Posted Image

Benji!!! Oh come on... you know I'd never have anything to do with a cliff (or a cliffhanger)!

CJ is gifted. You'd think he would come up with more convincing and ingenious excuses for his delays......Posted Image

Well, there is a bit I left out... it's actually Bridget's fault in the main. She's been demanding some plot changes, and those take a while to do....

In a manner of speaking, the next chapter has been posted. I had it in my email box this morning.

On another note, I've started to re-read the story. I finished last night, converting it to pdf format for my Nook eReader. So far it's up to 1362 pages in length and 825,655 words. This isn't the first time I've done this with one of CJ's stories and I've only shared it with one person, the author.

That many? Wow.... No wonder we're at almost 100 chapters...

Just finished proofreading the chapter and I can tell you it is worth the wait. Beginning with the title, which C J has not disclosed, it will hold your attention.

The title is "Dead Man's Hand".

I think y'all will like it.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, it IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

The frog is very, very clearly guilt of a cliffhanger here!!!! But that makes sense.. He's a Tennessee Cliffhanger Chirping Frog. (a rare but real species, as we see on wiki.)

http://en.wikipedia...._longest_novels CJ currently holds 4th place and I have no doubt he'll take 3rd... if not 2nd Posted Image. But that's only counting quality stories with breathtaking plot. If we'll count all the graphomans here, at nifty or iomfats, I guess they surpass any decent writer...

We've got about 8 chapters left... put yipes, I had no idea it was that large. I sincerely thank all who have come along for the ride.

Well, I was speaking roughly but, my goodness, you're right. He's in 4th place!

CJ, you've written the 4th longest novel ever! And you're not even finished yet.

It's going to be a heck of a job editing it into a reasonable-length for the film version...

Ack... If this keeps up, I'm going to have to post my 37 page explanation of why, precisely, I am not verbose... Posted Image

Posted Image ..................'Ack... If this keeps up, I'm going to have to post my 37 page explanation of why, precisely, I am not verbose... Posted Image'

Save a few (if not many) about your cliffhanging abilities in writing!!

Are we saying that if we all weren't reading this online, that CJ could've been single-handedly (editing help please!) deforested the Amazonian rain forest?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, it IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

The frog is very, very clearly guilty of a cliffhanger here!!!! But that makes sense.. He's a Tennessee Cliffhanger Chirping Frog. (a rare but real species, as we see on wiki.)

A very tired, old, bogus claim, goat. Everyone knows that you are the only cliffhanger criminal here. And, everyone knows what I look like...Posted Image (Actual photo)

And he's devious. If you click on the "wiki" link he supplied, you are taken to http://www.cjames.gayauthors.org/Eleutherodactylus_precipitous.htm

Edited by MikeL

Posted Image ..................'Ack... If this keeps up, I'm going to have to post my 37 page explanation of why, precisely, I am not verbose... Posted Image'

Save a few (if not many) about your cliffhanging abilities in writing!!

But Benji, what would there be to say, other than what we all already know: that I never use cliffhangers

Are we saying that if we all weren't reading this online, that CJ could've been single-handedly (editing help please!) deforested the Amazonian rain forest?

It is entirely possible... Posted Image

A very tired, old, bogus claim, goat. Everyone knows that you are the only cliffhanger criminal here. And, everyone knows what I look like...Posted Image (Actual photo)

And he's devious. If you click on the "wiki" link he supplied, you are taken to http://www.cjames.gayauthors.org/Eleutherodactylus_precipitous.htm

What? Poor, innocent me devious???

Now, Frog, yes indeed you are more colorful than most Cliffhanger Chirping Frogs, but a Tennessee Cliffhanger Chirping Frog you be!!

Posted Image

What? Poor, innocent me devious???

Now, Frog, yes indeed you are more colorful than most Cliffhanger Chirping Frogs, but a Tennessee Cliffhanger Chirping Frog you be!!

Posted Image

Good grief! Will you never give up and admit your guilt?

Posted Image ....................Closing in on 3 years on this story, you'd think the goat would recognize his faults in denial about using cliffhangers. Instead he has used the mantra enough where his denial is firmly entrenched between those evil goat ears. Posted Image

Good grief! Will you never give up and admit your guilt?

Guilt? What guilt??? I'm innocent!!!

Maybe he thinks that he repeats it enough, we will begin believe him.

Won't anyone defend me here??? I'm innocent, I tell ya, innocent!! Posted Image

Posted Image ....................Closing in on 3 years on this story, you'd think the goat would recognize his faults in denial about using cliffhangers. Instead he has used the mantra enough where his denial is firmly entrenched between those evil goat ears. Posted Image

Benji!!! Has the Eeeevil conspiracy gotten to you too??

And yep, Circumnavigation has been running for two and a half years... Though with 8 chapters to go, it'll be closer to two years than three when it concludes.

• Like 1

Benji!!! Has the Eeeevil conspiracy gotten to you too??

And yep, Circumnavigation has been running for two and a half years... Though with 8 chapters to go, it'll be closer to two years than three when it concludes.

Well with a couple of 'delays' and cliffhangers it could very well reach into 3 years!!! Posted Image

Benji, these accusations against me regarding cliffhangers... They are all part of an eeevil conspiracy led by Wildone... he's evil, you know.

I can prove it. Type

king of evil cliffhangers

into google. Whose name comes up as the #1 hit? Wildone!

Think that's just a random chance? Or it just happens because it's a slightly rare phrase? Nope... It isn't. Let's try again, this time with the very common phrase

king of cliffhangers

Just type that into google. Whose name comes up first, worldwide?

Wildone. Again!!

I could make links, but then I'd be accused of cheating somehow. Same with copy and pasting the text. Type it in yourself to remove any doubt.

Is this google-bombing? of course not- many bestselling authors, particularly of horror or suspense, would kill for a google ranking like that for king of cliffhangers. Yet, Wildone is the only author on the planet to make the first page, let alone the #1 slot.

So, I encourage everyone to try it for themselves. It's irrefutable proof that Wildone is the king of cliffhangers (and king of evil cliffhangers) and thus, as head of a vast eeevil conspiracy, is trying to frame me.

The truth is out there for the world to see: Wildone is the King of Cliffhangers!!! Posted Image

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..