[Jwolf] The English Year

11 hours ago, jlee09 said:

Is there a picture going for Corbin and Nick? @methodwriter85

Nick is Young Chace Crawford.

96444.jpg

And this was my Corbin pick back when this story started in 2012, although Cayden Boyd really beefed out and doesn't really fit my Corbin image now. LOL.

cayden-boyd.jpg

I mean, as much as I love Corbin, I don't really see him filling out like this.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Nick is Young Chace Crawford.

96444.jpg

And this was my Corbin pick back when this story started in 2012, although Cayden Boyd really beefed out and doesn't really fit my Corbin image now. LOL.

cayden-boyd.jpg

I mean, as much as I love Corbin, I don't really see him filling out like this.

Thank you so much for the visuals @methodwriter85! Curious, do you write as well? 

Not narratives, no. I do write a journal and I have a blog on here (it's been awhile since I've written in it) but I mostly exist here as a beta reader who gives constructive feedback to writers.

Cayden Boyd... he grew up nice. He grew up real nice. 

for Corbin, honestly insert any Disney or Nick at Night Star. What if he were black? Famous Jett Jackson? Guy from How To Get Away With Murder? Fun to speculate. 

• Like 1

That's the fun part about the fact that Corbin is an "Everyman"- you can picture him however you want to! I was kind of leaning towards Michael Provost from Insatiable for Corbin, but I also kind of like him for Hutch, too.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

When I first started writing this, what 8 years ago? My image of Corbin that I used (like, if they were going to make a TV show out of this series) was Connor Paolo from gossip girl.

Recently stumbled upon the actor Myko Olivier and I'd say he's my new mental image. He definitely has that 'chew like you have a secret' thing going on and he was INCREDIBLE in the Menendez Brother's movie. 

For some reason I can't link to pictures here with my new laptop, but if anyone wants to check out Myko's headshots on his professional page, I'd say go for it!

• Love 1

Ooh, he's cute. I remember that movie, too. It is really hard to find a picture of him without facial hair (Corbin does not strike me as someone who did facial hair in 2009) so I just went with his look when he apparently appeared on Glee:

I wasn't that dedicated of a watcher of Glee, so I don't remember him being on there, but yeah- he was on it circa 2015 which I believe was their last season.

Anyway, my Berto image is this:

AAHTBO4.img?h=552&w=750&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=f

He just looks like he'd be the Mom of the group and a sweet, loyal friend. I guess Niko Gaurdado is best known for the Goldbergs, although I did watch him on the little-seen Party of Five reboot.

Edited by methodwriter85

I love your pick for Roberto, but he'd have to have an incredible body. Berto was known for swatting girls away, and he played soccer all his life. Yes the mother hen and pretty sensitive, but you'd never know it because he was that insanely hot. What are your thoughts on Austin?

2 hours ago, Jwolf said:

I love your pick for Roberto, but he'd have to have an incredible body. Berto was known for swatting girls away, and he played soccer all his life. Yes the mother hen and pretty sensitive, but you'd never know it because he was that insanely hot. What are your thoughts on Austin?

Hmm, Niko is really cute but also really twinkish. I'd probably switch it up to Brandon Larracuente, who played his brother on Party of 5. He's probably best known for 13 Reasons Why. His body is incredibly ripped but he also has a sweet face.

e9af594dfac92395b33e6913d3895892.jpg

He was really bulked up as an extra for the 2017 Baywatch movie as well. Damn, this guy can get huge.

1b5fe4e57e7de5fdafd468b56b8d175a.jpg

No idea on Austin. I barely remember the character. LOL.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm bored as hell so I decided to look up more pretty pictures of my Mike the Cadet pick, Matthew Noszka.

He's like Channing Tatum mixed with Chad Michael Murray and that frankly feels right for Mike.

• Like 1
On 4/14/2020 at 5:54 PM, Jwolf said:

Okay, well now I'm inspired... based on a lot of comments with this chapter, I think there's a general 'where is Mike?' campaign going on...

I feel like we all had a Mike in our life at some point- the "hot" guy who was basically a human golden retriever. You can't help but look back fondly at the nice guy you knew when you were 20 who was also good eye candy. Most 20-year old hot guys are usually arrogant assholes, so the "Mike" sticks out from your memories.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

This is a really good point. And I think what makes them so special is that they want to be good guys. I don't think they always get it right, but they're hot enough that they can be assholes, but instead they decide to be nice. My Mike was also super protective of any homophobic threats that he sensed around me. He didn't tolerate anyone treating me as less than, and that made me elevate him in my mind as well. 

• Like 1

PS, I'll be working on the next couple chapters over the next week. TBH, it's been hard to find a routine and stay motivated during this pandemic/quarantine, plus finding side work to do while unemployed. It's taken a mental toll which doesn't always manifest healthily for me. Thanks for your patience and I can't wait to get the next installments out to you all!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jwolf said:

Wait... is Robb Stark dating ANOTHER hollywood try hard? Holy crap.

Yep. This one is pretty cute, IMO. Is it weird for me to lust over guys that were born in 1998 when I was 12 years old? Yes. Do I care? Nope! Anyway, they've been "quarantining" together in Emilia Clake's Venice Beach house. Someone likes their pretty boys! 

Screenshot_20200516-222920.png

Edited by methodwriter85

There;s a cleaned up Robert Pattinson vibe to him in some picks... I love that Richard is living his best life, but we can quit it with the 'pal' thing here pretty soon...

On 5/26/2020 at 8:21 AM, Jwolf said:

There;s a cleaned up Robert Pattinson vibe to him in some picks... I love that Richard is living his best life, but we can quit it with the 'pal' thing here pretty soon...

This made me a bit sad though because I realized that Sebastian Stan is too old for Richard. I wanted them to get together in my slashfiction fantasies!

Edited by methodwriter85
30 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

My David Marcosi pick wearing Calvin Klein!

Jacob-Elordi-showcases-his-toned-abs-in-

EFUVyx_XkAA8BcE.jpg

Anyway, Chip should be an interesting addition.

That’s how you wait on Corbin’s bed. 

6 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Jacob Elordi does have that swimmer's bod look. (David's a swimmer like Lee, right?)

David is tennis. Lee is swimmer. I might have mixed that up at some point, but that’s what it should be.