I'm an iPerson

Hayden L

Just got an iPhone 4S a few days ago.

I'm loving playing with it. My ringtones scare the crap out of people.

my ringtone:

Edited by jamessavik
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Apple making 128GB iPad ... more room for your movies and music

Is it true that its not safe to buy your ipad, ipod, inano from amazon or walmart for fear of getting defective products

iHave an iPod but iDon't use it, so iT iS iN a drawer somewhere, iAint sure which one.   iGuess iAint iN touch anymore.  iStill eat apples though.   i'M going for the speech controlled stuff, that way iDon't need to touch anything.

• Like 1

iHave an iPod but iDon't use it, so iT iS iN a drawer somewhere, iAint sure which one.   iGuess iAint iN touch anymore.  iStill eat apples though.   i'M going for the speech controlled stuff, that way iDon't need to touch anything.

iLOLed out loud & iDisturbed the cat. :lmao:

• Like 2

Apple making 128GB iPad ... more room for your movies and music

Is it true that its not safe to buy your ipad, ipod, inano from amazon or walmart for fear of getting defective products

I doubt it -- I've never even heard that particular myth before.

Still, if you're concerned, I have to admit you cannot beat the 'Apple Store Experience' -- and it is an (incredible) experience.

the 128gb ipad is true .... just add 100 to the price

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2013/01/29Apple-Increases-iPad-with-Retina-Display-to-128GB.html

there has been lots of bad ratings on non-apple stores

there been complaints about the nanao not working 

and complaints with the new itunes program 

I doubt it -- I've never even heard that particular myth before.

Still, if you're concerned, I have to admit you cannot beat the 'Apple Store Experience' -- and it is an (incredible) experience.

• 2 weeks later...

in an all apple netwiork this is not a problem?

iOS 6.1 banned from corporate servers due to Exchange snafu

anyone waiting for iWatch?

iwatch-mock.jpg

ugg they still haven't fixed the problem over two phones ago

iPhone iOS 6.1 users plagued by battery drain, overheat

Vodafone UK advised iPhone 4S owners on its network not to upgrade to iOS 6.1 due to issues with 3G performance

Edited by hh5

• 4 weeks later...

can apple buy back stock at 8 cents on the dollar to save it from plumetting to 2011 prices?

Last week, billionaire investor Warrenn Buffett said that if he was Apple, he would use Cupertino’s $130 billion cash hoard to buy stock back from investors for eighty cents on the dollar. Looks like Apple might have just that plan in mind.

I have an iPhone and a Macbook Pro. 

I LOVE the Macbook but am considering getting an android or windows phone instead.

Or i could just get an iPhone 5 xD

I plan on getting an iPad in May for my birthday. I think that would be really useful (but now i have to buy 2x the cases and screen protectors v.v)

Apple's buggy iOS 6.1.3 breaks iPhone jailbreak

THX Sues Apple 

Apple Updates 21 Bugs in OS X Mountain Lion

shouldn't that read Disney(thx) sues Apple???

Is it easy to update a MAC vs Windows when the user has no idea about Linux\Unix

Edited by hh5

Disney doesn't own THX, so far as I'm aware.  It was 'spun off' from Lucas Arts years ago, so Disney didn't acquire it in the purchase.

Also, both Macs and Windows machines are easy to update:  windows once properly configured does it automatically, the Mac just pops up a window saying 'time to install updates'.

• Site Administrator

I got an iPhone 5 about a month ago and really loving it. The only downside is I get Facetime requests repeatedly everyday from my Nephew who is 4 and my friends son who is 3 from their iPads :unsure:

I think when one finds instructions to run something on a mac or linux or unix ... confusing

windows seems to be easier

wiki says LucasFilm\Disney is the parent company up to 2001

another article written in Dec 1, 2002 seems to say LucasFilm retains ownership

if still true ... then Disney is the rightful owner

In May, THX spun off from Lucasfilm Ltd. to become functionally independent. While Lucasfilm retains ownership, THX is now looking for new areas to apply its research and testing expertise. It recently developed and specified the performance parameters for the 2003 Lincoln LS. The company has partnered with Velodyne Acoustics Inc., developing two subwoofers that meet its Ultra2 Certification -- the HGS-18 and HGS-15 powered subwoofers.

Disney doesn't own THX, so far as I'm aware.  It was 'spun off' from Lucas Arts years ago, so Disney didn't acquire it in the purchase.

Also, both Macs and Windows machines are easy to update:  windows once properly configured does it automatically, the Mac just pops up a window saying 'time to install updates'.

Edited by hh5

which is better ... buying the tech and  still not learning to develop the software on your own?

will apple make another err in interfacing?

November 22nd, 2012
Google expands indoor navigation to desktop Google Maps, adds thousands of new floor plans
March 23, 2013
Apple buys 'indoor GPS' company WifiSLAM for $20M

Google also buys other companies to integrate 3rd party services within their system. They bought Sparrow for 25 million earlier in the year/late last year 

All companies buy other companies to acquire more software/hardware/services/etc. Dropbox just bought Mailbox and its company, which is a new iOS app, for 100 million.

Edited by iSimba

thanks for the clarification

but what company did google buy to do its inside GPS?

basically, I'm trying to understand the progress of Apple Maps n Google Maps

it seems that apple hasn't re-release Apple Maps ...

its a do over for the next release of iPhone for Rumour Aug13

adding this new company seems to say they are adding features to Apple Maps

the good question is will it be available Aug13 or Aug14? 

Google also buys other companies to integrate 3rd party services within their system. They bought Sparrow for 25 million earlier in the year/late last year 

All companies buy other companies to acquire more software/hardware/services/etc. Dropbox just bought Mailbox and its company, which is a new iOS app, for 100 million.