I'm new around here. I love Dom's stories. I can't wait until the next chapter of DD!

But oh god... I just figured out that I had actually read the beginning of TLW, and I have no idea where I left off. I tried to start rereading it, and scrolled to a later part, and I knew some of the stuff, but sometimes not. So I don't know what to do.

Anyways... I'm not supposed to be gay, but here I am hehehe... If my parents find out I'll get excommunicated from my own home. :( This is probably the wrong forum to post this in, but I will anyways.

Oh well. Go Dom! Don't ever stop writing.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey zhukant-

Welcome. If you need to be discrete, I understand and offer the following suggestions:

-Clear your cache. If you are using IE, go to Tools, Internet Options, Delete Files

-Clear your History. Again, oif you are using IE, go to Tools, Internet Options, Clear History

Gayauthors.org isn't hard to remember but it does stand out! :blink:

I also want to suggest that you take a look at the Mail Crew's site. This is a great site for young people with lots of information to help you figure out "the gay thing" and how to cope with family and friends.

Best of luck. Hope you enjoy the site.

-JS

I always put that. I used to put 35 hehehe. I'm not far off though...

Oh and I use FF because my friends told me IE is for noobs. I like it, too, because it has that tab thing, and gmail likes it a lot. :/

You guys aren't gonna jump down my throat if I'm not 17 yet and being here, right?

Edited by zhukant

Welcome Zhukrant, and don't worry, no one is going to jump down your throat. There's a few others here and there who are under 18 as well, so don't think you're alone.

Remember your security though, remember to clear your browser's cache and history, etc.

Also remember, that if the worst does happen, there are always options for getting help from the people at Mail Crew and from many other sources, both individuals and organizations. Don't hesitate to get to a public library or other free internet source and ask for help if you ever need it (you're going to find a lot of people here who'll listen even if you just need to gripe about how crappy life is...)

Oh, and above all...enjoy Dom's stories...they're damn fine.

dkstories

Welcome to the boards!

Everyone else has already given you good advice about clearing your cache and history so just remember to do that. It's become second nature to me lol if my parents or brothers saw this site or Nifty in my history i'd have some explaining to do :blink:

Have fun here and keep reading Dom's stories! :2thumbs:

.:Kat:.

Yeah? Well, I'm glad to be here then.

My life's not that crappy yet. I'm only starting to realize there's no way I can change who I am. I know in the back of my mind, but I have a lot of trouble accepting it.

None of my friends have any clue whatsoever about it, either. Actually, you guys are the firs to know. Do you know any good stuff for me to read?

The worst part, though, is knowing that my parents will never accept me if they find out. Not only were they born and raised in the Soviet Union, which was extremely prejudiced against all possible groups, and THEIR parents were highly sympathetic to this ideal; but also, they are pious Orthodox Christians. When I tried to hint at something to my priest, he got all worked up about it and gave me a very long and uncomfortable lecture. I personally think God will see that I tried to do as the priest asked, and did not succeed, and will thus forgive me, if it is a sin to be gay at all. But my priest and my parents most certaintly do not share this opinion. So I'm kind of stuck. Maybe if I throw a root in this direction, something good will come out of it. I hope it will.

I just need other people to talk to, not just fictional characters from breathtaking stories.

zhukant

Zhukant,

Always feel free to give a 'rumble' or a 'shout' around here. :)

It's bed time here, but a quick link for you...Metropolitan Community Church

I believe you'll find some good readings. The Orthodox church is a little different than what most of us Americans think about...I only know a little about it because of my Russian and Soviet-era studies in college.

(BTW, have you or your folks gotten to watch the new Master and Margarita that's playing over in Russia now?)

We're not that far off situation-wise. GA is the first group to know my deepest secret, the guy I had a one time thing with (but still wants to get into my pants) is the second, and that is the extent of other people's knowledge. These people will listen to you, unlike the Church. Some have prodded at me a couple of times when I went into myself just wee bit too much (lol you know who you are, and thank you). As for me, my family isn't Orthodox, but they are Catholic. I wouldn't know the first thing that is different between them, but I do know that I completely disagree with most of the beliefs of my church. My sister on the other hand is pagan, and considering she helped found the LGBT club at our high school, one of these days I might work up the balls to tell her the truth. But right now I am in no rush to tell anyone anything, because is MY business, and not theirs. The same applies to you. But when you grow tired of hiding (as most do), be careful who you tell and make sure you can trust them completely (people like that are few and far in between).

That said, welcome to GA, clear any history or cookies about GA, and have a blast!

Wow... This is a lot of stuff. I can't say anything darn it! Well, I'll start by saying thanks to you all. I never knew anyone would be so... supportive. This is all very weird for me. I think I kind of jumped too far just there. I'll take a small step back. I'm working on it, don't worry ^_^ ;; Ok I guess the best thing right now would be to meet more new people. That would be good. Hey I saw a bunch of people reading this topic. Post something next time! =D Whew this took me forever to write.

zhukant

Hey I saw a bunch of people reading this topic. Post something next time!

Ok posted this time, now what?

btw, welcome aboard!

Hope you are able to find what you are looking for.

Lugh (who is blue)

Hello! ^_^ Nice to meet you.

Oh is there like an IRC channel for this? Just wondering...

There is a chat. The link is at the top of the page under "live chat".

Lugh (who is blue)

Heya Zhukant!

If your interested in a link for Christian Gays, why not try http://www.whosoever.org. It's an online magazine for GLBT's.

Best wishes in all you do, either here or elsewhere. Please remember that here you will find heaps of friends, shoulders to lean on and no one will judge you for being you.

Bev

Edited by Bev

welcome aboard :) if you ever need to vent my ears are always open :2thumbs:

sorry my "my" was an "im" and although my ears ARE a lil big, im certainly not one big ear :P

Edited by Tim1001

Welcome zhukant to GayAuthors!!!!

One of the reasons you find so many supportive people here is because they have gone through or are going through something similar as what you are dealing with.

Another reason is that we have a lot of great people here :2thumbs::2thumbs: .

As others have mentioned there are quite a few under 18yo members as well as resources for teens. Be sure to check them all out (the resources, not the under 18yo's). You'll find that you are not so alone.

Take Care®,

Vic

Welcome!

If you need to clear all evidences from you computer i would recommend a program called Clear Prog. Link

It cleans cookies/history/... of IE, FF and the history of most other programs, like Word/MediaPlayer/... There are a lot of plug-ins available for various programs, but the important things are aready included . That way you don't need to clean everything seperatly; you'll only need one click for all. It's a German program i guess, but the site and the program is also available in English.

Tob :ph34r:

sorry my "my" was an "im" and although my ears ARE a lil big, im certainly not one big ear :P

Hahaha that's great! I never thought you were one big ear, be assured of that. ^_^

Anyways, I can't thank you guys enough. I'm gonna join GSA at school on monday, see how that works out...

The worst part, though, is knowing that my parents will never accept me if they find out. Not only were they born and raised in the Soviet Union, which was extremely prejudiced against all possible groups, and THEIR parents were highly sympathetic to this ideal; but also, they are pious Orthodox Christians. When I tried to hint at something to my priest, he got all worked up about it and gave me a very long and uncomfortable lecture. I personally think God will see that I tried to do as the priest asked, and did not succeed, and will thus forgive me, if it is a sin to be gay at all. But my priest and my parents most certaintly do not share this opinion. So I'm kind of stuck. Maybe if I throw a root in this direction, something good will come out of it. I hope it will.

zhukant

Welcome to the club!

Pious Russian Orthodox ay? Well at least your parents have an excuse. My parents are just bigots.

If I may offer one piece of advice? Be wary of confiding in priests. They may not intend to do harm but often do. If you really need spiritual advice i'd advise using one of those links the others gave you just in case the family priest decides to solve your problems by going to your parents.

I personally dont follow any religion even though I've been educated in Catholic Schools all my life.

I gave up on Catholicism a long time ago. I spent the last three years of high school arguing with my Religion Teacher. I even came very close to outing myself in one arguement about the awe inspiring Book of Leviticus and the bull**** theory of 'hate the sin not the sinner'.

I read stories at Nift and GA for months before i worked up the courage to join. The Personal Details next to my posts have proclaimed my orientation ever since and even though i've never come face to face with anyone from the site it still scares the hell out of me.

However, the more i vist GA the more comfortable i feel. The people here understand and more importantly they care.

And if your own beliefs are still troubling you, Just remember the Bible was written by Men not God.

Skips-away-gayly,

Wynter

As others have mentioned there are quite a few under 18yo members as well as resources for teens. Be sure to check them all out (the resources, not the under 18yo's).

O Almighty Vic whats so wrong for someone to check out us "under 18 yo's"?? Huh?

Maybe we should tell people to not check out you old people, huh? :angry::angry: << Uh Oh you made me break out the mad face... GRRR

LOL... neways Welcome zhukant!!

-Nate

O and Vic in case ya don't realise it , seeing as how old you are and we know old people are a tad slow to the punch, I was joking :funny::funny::funny:

Edited by NateB
O Almighty Vic whats so wrong for someone to check out us "under 18 yo's"?? Huh?

Maybe we should tell people to not check out you old people, huh? :angry::angry: << Uh Oh you made me break out the mad face... GRRR

LOL... neways Welcome zhukant!!

-Nate

O and Vic in case ya don't realise it , seeing as how old you are and we know old people are a tad slow to the punch, I was joking :funny::funny::funny:

And Vicky said that *I* was being mean to him... sheesh!