West Point Marries Two Male Grads

methodwriter85

West Point Hosts First Wedding Between Two Men

Check this story out. Pretty cool, I think. And what an adorable couple!

Disclaimer: Please do not discuss the political process and debate that has gone into making gay marriage legal. Those who do will find their posts removed and given warning points. Thank you.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 3

Worth reading the whole page :) 2013 is apparently the gayest year in gay history! Interestingly next month will be the 50th anniversary of this famous song being recorded.

• Like 1

The Sam Cooke song had me looking for another appropriate song as well. I include the link (because I cannot figure out how to get video to actually show) to the Darlene Love version of Chapel of Love which had it's 50th anniversary of being recorded in April, 1963. Ms. Love sang every voice on the recording in what is known as overdubbing. The song was made famous a year later by the The Dixie Cups in 1964.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v669V_UjiDo

edit to add: I remember singing and dancing to the Dixie Cups version as a five year old. Good times!

Edited by Ron

The Sam Cooke song had me looking for another appropriate song as well. I include the link (because I cannot figure out how to get video to actually show) to the Darlene Love version of Chapel of Love which had it's 50th anniversary of being recorded in April, 1963. Ms. Love sang every voice on the recording in what is known as overdubbing. The song was made famous a year later by the The Dixie Cups in 1964.

Definitely has the Phil Spector sound :P and the Dixie Cups were originally called "Little Miss and the Muffets" :lmao:

To show the video all you need do is top and tail the URL with the word media inside these brackets [] at the beginning - no gaps - and /media inside [] immediately at the end. I can't show you them because they're commands and won't display :(

Edited by Zombie

How many of us would have believed this would happen as little as 5 years ago? It seems I blinked, and the world changed. In some ways, for the better. I wish them health, wealth, and love, and the time to enjoy them all.

• Like 1