Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

I did not know a beard wife can father kids. The things you learn... :P

In any event, Wade's right that it's pretty doomed, but I like that he wants to at least enjoy it for a few years instead of planning out the next twenty years of his life, which guys like him tend to do.

Hey Method,

This post was kind of the last piece of a puzzle for me. I have been doing some thinking about Wade lately. I didn't really get the significance of the Wade/Matt handshake..."we are even now"..thing for a while.Your post helps me get it now. The thing is, until they did that, Wade really couldn't be Wade...he was still in the fog of 911 and haunted by pain and loss and then guilt over Matt. So simply put, that handshake wiped the slate clean for both of them and the real significance is that Wade is able to go back to being Wade.Your post made me realize that a Wade who plans out his life "which guys like him tend to do" would actually be a really good thing and a positive indication for me that Wade is in the recovery process.That planning thing is one of Wade's good qualities (it is in essence, the essential Wade) which has been missing to some degree. The Boston house thing is one great example...for Wade not to be on top of that is really telling..Alex or not.Your one phrase (which guys like him tend to do) helped clarify for me why that handshake was so important (or at least could be). And thus...why these forums can be so great!! Thanks Methodwriter...cheers... Gary

• Like 2

Hey Method,

This post was kind of the last piece of a puzzle for me. I have been doing some thinking about Wade lately. I didn't really get the significance of the Wade/Matt handshake..."we are even now"..thing for a while.Your post helps me get it now. The thing is, until they did that, Wade really couldn't be Wade...he was still in the fog of 911 and haunted by pain and loss and then guilt over Matt. So simply put, that handshake wiped the slate clean for both of them and the real significance is that Wade is able to go back to being Wade.Your post made me realize that a Wade who plans out his life "which guys like him tend to do" would actually be a really good thing and a positive indication for me that Wade is in the recovery process.That planning thing is one of Wade's good qualities (it is in essence, the essential Wade) which has been missing to some degree. The Boston house thing is one great example...for Wade not to be on top of that is really telling..Alex or not.Your one phrase (which guys like him tend to do) helped clarify for me why that handshake was so important (or at least could be). And thus...why these forums can be so great!! Thanks Methodwriter...cheers... Gary

Well said!

• Like 2

In their original conversation about this, Matt's response to Wade's 80per cent was 85per cent...I think he said something about being more optimistic than Wade in a joking way. I would have agreed before that Matt could be influenced by others about what chances he gave Wade and himself...but this new Matt intrigues me...I think he will listen to advice from these people he trusts but I don't think he blows in the wind like he used to. I think when he makes decisions now, they come from a different place and in this case he would take his cues from Wade and if he decided they weren't meant to be,it would be a decision he couldn't be influenced into by any third party.I think the process of watching him take control of his life is a real thing and I will go out on a limb and say I don't think he will revert. just sayin....

Thanks for clarifying the % issue.

I think you are right about Matt not "blowing in the wind" anymore but he does take on Casey's advice - listens to it and absorbs it. There is now some rumination on Matt's part and then he makes a decision. I don't think Casey does "influence" him, it's more that he provides a sounding board so that Matt can arrive at his own decision. The Casey/Matt dynamic has evolved as well - now I see Casey as giving Matt some of the tools to deal with now being a adult. And he is someone not caught up in the family dramas so gives Matt an outside voice to get perspective.

And in the interests of fairness to fictional characters, I do think that Wade should get some of the credit here too. Along with JP, I think Matt has learnt a bit about how to deal with life more logically before running in where angels fear to tread from both of them.

I not quite sure what you meant about Matt taking his cues from Wade. From my reading you are saying that Matt would defer to Wade's decision on them being a couple. I would have agreed with that except for the latest conversation which could be the beginning of Matt making his own mind up about being second choice. Matt could be comfortable with being a friend with benefits and find true love in Chicago. There is a lot going on in Matt's head at the moment and his relationship with Wade is being remoulded and reformed in a major way. They broke up, they sort of got back together, Wade doing the whole yo-yo thing, then Wade was a major prick in UK and a real shit in Paris. I know they have forgiven each other (or told each other that they have) but it doesn't mean that Matt (or Wade) has forgotten.

I really really really need to read the next chapter

• Like 1

Thanks for clarifying the % issue.

I think you are right about Matt not "blowing in the wind" anymore but he does take on Casey's advice - listens to it and absorbs it. There is now some rumination on Matt's part and then he makes a decision. I don't think Casey does "influence" him, it's more that he provides a sounding board so that Matt can arrive at his own decision. The Casey/Matt dynamic has evolved as well - now I see Casey as giving Matt some of the tools to deal with now being a adult. And he is someone not caught up in the family dramas so gives Matt an outside voice to get perspective.

And in the interests of fairness to fictional characters, I do think that Wade should get some of the credit here too. Along with JP, I think Matt has learnt a bit about how to deal with life more logically before running in where angels fear to tread from both of them.

I not quite sure what you meant about Matt taking his cues from Wade. From my reading you are saying that Matt would defer to Wade's decision on them being a couple. I would have agreed with that except for the latest conversation which could be the beginning of Matt making his own mind up about being second choice. Matt could be comfortable with being a friend with benefits and find true love in Chicago. There is a lot going on in Matt's head at the moment and his relationship with Wade is being remoulded and reformed in a major way. They broke up, they sort of got back together, Wade doing the whole yo-yo thing, then Wade was a major prick in UK and a real shit in Paris. I know they have forgiven each other (or told each other that they have) but it doesn't mean that Matt (or Wade) has forgotten.

I really really really need to read the next chapter

Hey Bucket

What i meant was that Matt would make his decisions regarding him and Wade,based on Wades actions and proposals for them and how Matt would feel about them. While he would listen to them, a session with Will or Casey would not be the deciding factor in what Matt decides to do. In no way am I saying he would defer to Wade's decision on them being a couple. When i say this new Matt isn't blowing in the wind anymore I am saying he makes his decisions from a stonger place. And if Matt feels that he can't live with what Wade is proposing then he won't. In some ways I think Matt has reached a point where, while Casey is important to him, he doesn't need him as much as he used to. Matt really has become, in my eyes, an impressive individual. 

• Like 1

Hey Bucket

What i meant was that Matt would make his decisions regarding him and Wade,based on Wades actions and proposals for them and how Matt would feel about them. While he would listen to them, a session with Will or Casey would not be the deciding factor in what Matt decides to do. In no way am I saying he would defer to Wade's decision on them being a couple. When i say this new Matt isn't blowing in the wind anymore I am saying he makes his decisions from a stonger place. And if Matt feels that he can't live with what Wade is proposing then he won't. In some ways I think Matt has reached a point where, while Casey is important to him, he doesn't need him as much as he used to. Matt really has become, in my eyes, an impressive individual. 

You are right about Casey - he is important to have but Matt no longer "needs" him. Although if Matt decides that his relationship with Wade isn't workable, I think Casey would become "very useful".

I'm not sure that the family could be as useful - JP would feel uncomfortable about getting involved in personal relationships (even if that discomfort hasn't stopped him in the past), Brad is tainted by his previous encounters with Wade and Will will be in Matt's corner and may not be as objective as Matt needs. Stef maybe a shoulder to cry on but is more likely to offer a shopping spree than constructive advice (maybe thats too mean). A session with JP and Stef could work - they are a good team and balance each other well.

Where is Robbie when you need him?  :unsure:  :(

• Like 1

Well Mark you did it again - what an amazing chapter!

I am feeling that the Matt/Wade/Alex interplay is now heading for its first real test. As Matt points out, Wade cannot be in two beds. And even if Alex has a low libido, I think that Wade is looking at this too logically and not enough from the heart. His comments about "shit happening" in Escorial is insightful but i wonder if the fog wasn't quite lifted. He says to Brad

“It is.  But I think it will work just fine.  Alex doesn’t really have a very active libido, so I don’t think he’s all that upset about someone else helping take care of me.  And as long as Matt has part of my heart and part of my body, he’s pretty happy with things too.” 

He wants it all to work out (and thats a good thing) but in life and in CAP, things are not always that simple. At this stage its all a nice idea. 5 more chapters will have to be filled with some drama  :P

Was it the sex with Scott? Brad has discovered his balls again!!  :thumbup: You can see why he is a master business man - what a little chess game he had with JJ. Checkmate end of story.

The ending left me speechless...

• Like 1

Meant to say "Danfield" not Danforth...

Hah - I knew there would be another Danforth out of this!

We can only hope that there will be a better JJ out of this now that his scheming has been derailed...

And lastly, even though it was the first part of the chapter, just delighted to hear that Matt is negative!

Looking forward to the weekend installment…
  • Like 1

Well Mark you did it again - what an amazing chapter!

I am feeling that the Matt/Wade/Alex interplay is now heading for its first real test. As Matt points out, Wade cannot be in two beds. And even if Alex has a low libido, I think that Wade is looking at this too logically and not enough from the heart. His comments about "shit happening" in Escorial is insightful but i wonder if the fog wasn't quite lifted. He says to Brad

“It is.  But I think it will work just fine.  Alex doesn’t really have a very active libido, so I don’t think he’s all that upset about someone else helping take care of me.  And as long as Matt has part of my heart and part of my body, he’s pretty happy with things too.” 

He wants it all to work out (and thats a good thing) but in life and in CAP, things are not always that simple. At this stage its all a nice idea. 5 more chapters will have to be filled with some drama  :P

Was it the sex with Scott? Brad has discovered his balls again!!  :thumbup: You can see why he is a master business man - what a little chess game he had with JJ. Checkmate end of story.

The ending left me speechless...

Great point and a great quote to key in on. This part left me feeling that Wade might be a little nieve about how the other two are feeling or would feel...you may be right about the fog not being quite lifted for Wade and his logical assumptions may not be exactly right here. With regards to how Alex will feel, he could be right, but in actuality, he hasn't known him for long and until they face this, there is really no way to predict how it will go with him. As far as Matt is concerned, yes, he is deliriously happy right now and I am sure, convinced he can handle this. I can't help thinking though, about what Brad said to Wade in his conversation with him when he called to alert Wade to the HIV scare. In a nutshell, he said the old Matt was gone and in a way it would give credence to Wade's assumption that as long as Matt has part of his heart and body, Matt will be happy (because of how well Matt has handled things with Wade that he wouldn't have a year ago). BUT what he was also saying that the old Matt was gone and the new Matt was a very different person...which could taken to mean he may not be as predictable about this as Wade assumes. I think Wade has Matt's WHOLE heart and even though I think he will try his best to accept only part of Wade, I get the feeling that the Matt I have watched evolve, who seems more in tune with his own heart than he ever was...may have more trouble with this situation than he expects...sharing the love of someone you love totally can turn in to a minefield and I think a real test is coming up, and maybe a reality check for all of them. I would expect that Mark might give us a barn burner in the next few chapters and it might not be all sweetness and roses... :huh: ...Always a pleasure Bucket...Cheers ...Gary

• Like 2

Great point and a great quote to key in on. This part left me feeling that Wade might be a little nieve about how the other two are feeling or would feel...you may be right about the fog not being quite lifted for Wade and his logical assumptions may not be exactly right here. With regards to how Alex will feel, he could be right, but in actuality, he hasn't known him for long and until they face this, there is really no way to predict how it will go with him. As far as Matt is concerned, yes, he is deliriously happy right now and I am sure, convinced he can handle this. I can't help thinking though, about what Brad said to Wade in his conversation with him when he called to alert Wade to the HIV scare. In a nutshell, he said the old Matt was gone and in a way it would give credence to Wade's assumption that as long as Matt has part of his heart and body, Matt will be happy (because of how well Matt has handled things with Wade that he wouldn't have a year ago). BUT what he was also saying that the old Matt was gone and the new Matt was a very different person...which could taken to mean he may not be as predictable about this as Wade assumes. I think Wade has Matt's WHOLE heart and even though I think he will try his best to accept only part of Wade, I get the feeling that the Matt I have watched evolve, who seems more in tune with his own heart than he ever was...may have more trouble with this situation than he expects...sharing the love of someone you love totally can turn in to a minefield and I think a real test is coming up, and maybe a reality check for all of them. I would expect that Mark might give us a barn burner in the next few chapters and it might not be all sweetness and roses... :huh: ...Always a pleasure Bucket...Cheers ...Gary

I am with you 100% on the whole naive Wade - Alex is a brand new relationship (still in the honeymoon period) and Matt is a different person. Brad expressed some doubt on the horse ride and then says Wade is a smart boy so it will all be OK. That seems a bit too easy. Alex has a low libido but that doesn't mean the "free pass" with Matt was supposed to be accepted especially if Wade will be bed hopping at Escorial. I am sure that Mark has a few things planned to keep us reading and interested.

Matt is happy at the moment because he can see that his relationship with Wade is now in a much better place than it was before. I agree with you about the new v's old Matt. New Matt is currently is the land of bliss because they have both forgiven each other about the past. Whether Wade will give him enough of his heart to keep Matt happy only time will tell.

And I think it is very easy for Matt not to be jealous of Alex while Wade is in Matt's bed. If you are getting royally fucked by your lover in an airplane bathroom I don't think you have the space to think clearly.  ;)

To paraphrase logical Wade - shit happens at Escorial

• Like 2

And I think it is very easy for Matt not to be jealous of Alex while Wade is in Matt's bed. If you are getting royally fucked by your lover in an airplane bathroom I don't think you have the space to think clearly.  ;)

I think this is a very insightful comment, especially when we consider how jealous Matt can be.  And I don't care if we're talking new vs. old Matt, he's still going to be jealous.  I think it's going to be very tough for him to happily accept that Wade is in another room, intimately involved with Alex (or anyone else). 

In a way, this relationship, as Wade has it set up, could work really well when everyone gets settled in Boston and Chicago.  Once Matt and Wade are separated, then Matt will probably be able to handle it.  But when the three of them are together, that's going to be a challenge. 

If you think about it, the relationships that Matt and Wade have had with other guys, the ones that have been successful, have always involved the two of them having a three-way with the other guy.  Wade made that point back in Paternity, that he thought that if there was another guy one of them was into, they should both sleep with him together, to take away the stigma.  Wade hasn't really thrown that on the table with Alex.  Is the problem that he doesn't want to share?  And if not, who is he unwilling to share: Matt or Alex?

• Like 4

Once again I couldn't post and was told I had already posted.

I am happy that Matt is negative.

I am happy to admit I was wrong. I believe that Matt and Wade are not the younger Brad and Robbie, but the younger JP and Stef.

Sorry, but Alex just doesn't work for me. I still think he is getting a free ride. I hope that Wade gets his head out of his ass.  I don't think he is getting his cake and eating it too. He is just infatuated with the title and it will get old.

Hopefully for a lot of people, Matt is the father. He will be a great father for not only his own child, but will be great for Riley and Maddie.

Thanks again for a great chapter.

Once again I couldn't post and was told I had already posted.

I am happy that Matt is negative.

I am happy to admit I was wrong. I believe that Matt and Wade are not the younger Brad and Robbie, but the younger JP and Stef.

Sorry, but Alex just doesn't work for me. I still think he is getting a free ride. I hope that Wade gets his head out of his ass.  I don't think he is getting his cake and eating it too. He is just infatuated with the title and it will get old.

Hopefully for a lot of people, Matt is the father. He will be a great father for not only his own child, but will be great for Riley and Maddie.

Thanks again for a great chapter.

It worked this time, though!

I am with you 100% on the whole naive Wade - Alex is a brand new relationship (still in the honeymoon period) and Matt is a different person. Brad expressed some doubt on the horse ride and then says Wade is a smart boy so it will all be OK. That seems a bit too easy. Alex has a low libido but that doesn't mean the "free pass" with Matt was supposed to be accepted especially if Wade will be bed hopping at Escorial. I am sure that Mark has a few things planned to keep us reading and interested.

Matt is happy at the moment because he can see that his relationship with Wade is now in a much better place than it was before. I agree with you about the new v's old Matt. New Matt is currently is the land of bliss because they have both forgiven each other about the past. Whether Wade will give him enough of his heart to keep Matt happy only time will tell.

To paraphrase logical Wade - shit happens at Escorial

And that shit could be in the form of soul searching for all concerned. These are great points in your post. I have been thinking a lot about why Wade wants to hold onto both Matt and Wade and there are some very obvious answers to that question. I have read in the forum and in the reviews about Wade wanting his cake and eat it too (I know if I didn't say it I certainly thought it). But I don't really think that is it, at least not entirely. Coming out of any kind of fog is a process and the Wade I used to know would tend to proceed carefully. Look where he is now with Matt compared to a few days ago. I still think he is being a little naive but there is more to it. Wade wants to hold on to Alex even though he told Matt that (in sharing his time and choosing rooms), they both know he would rather be with Matt. That is a very interesting thing to say. The trust between Wade and Matt is growing, even blooming you could say, and almost like never before( because both are maturing...maybe at different rates). Yet Wade seems afraid to let Alex go, so I wonder if, because of the past, Wade is a little afraid of believing in that trust. If this is the case, and I know I am speculating, there is only so much Matt can do...If Wade is truly out of the fog, maybe that logical him we refer to, will do the rest and get him all the way there. By that I mean trusting himself, not just Matt, and do the thing that he has always wanted and what would truly make him happy. I remember a conversation he had with Brad where he talked about not wanting any drama and I think that he should get back to thinking about that. Personally, I think way too much about this stuff. Shit just doesn't happen at Escorial  :o  Cheers...Gary

• Like 1

It seems like the "primary family consisting of the two gay men and their breeder" for each generation always has around 3/4 kids, so I figured the third kid here would be inevitable. I'll admit I want it to be Matt's, as well. He strikes me as someone who will make a great dad, when he puts the effort into it. Will is probably going to make a great father some day, Darius as well probably. JJ will probably have a vasectomy before he's 25. LOL. (Which will be a smart idea, considering that he's from a line of VERY fertile men.)

In any event, I can see Matt, Wade, and Tiffany figuring out parenting pretty well, and avoiding the major mistakes that Brad/Robbie/Jeanine did with their kids. For example, there's no way in fucking hell Tiffany would have EVER put up with the kind of attitude that Will gave Jeanine from one of her kids.

We can only hope that there will be a better JJ out of this now that his scheming has been derailed...

JJ won't try this again on family members again, probably. Instead, he'll save that for whatever entourage he sets up when he's in his 20's and living on his own.

Edited by methodwriter85

I think this is a very insightful comment, especially when we consider how jealous Matt can be.  And I don't care if we're talking new vs. old Matt, he's still going to be jealous.  I think it's going to be very tough for him to happily accept that Wade is in another room, intimately involved with Alex (or anyone else). 

In a way, this relationship, as Wade has it set up, could work really well when everyone gets settled in Boston and Chicago.  Once Matt and Wade are separated, then Matt will probably be able to handle it.  But when the three of them are together, that's going to be a challenge. 

If you think about it, the relationships that Matt and Wade have had with other guys, the ones that have been successful, have always involved the two of them having a three-way with the other guy.  Wade made that point back in Paternity, that he thought that if there was another guy one of them was into, they should both sleep with him together, to take away the stigma.  Wade hasn't really thrown that on the table with Alex.  Is the problem that he doesn't want to share?  And if not, who is he unwilling to share: Matt or Alex?

For the person that actually knows whats going you ask some really good questions  :P

Wade's solution could work, once everyone is settled in to Boston and Chicago but the problem is that they aren't there now and they don't stay in Boston and Chicago. There will have to be times (presumably including the next chapters) when the 3 of them will be in the same space and thats when the problems will occur. My major concern is that this is "Wade's solution". We haven't really heard anything from Alex and Matt is just glad that things are better than they were. There are some serious conversations ahead I think.

As far as the three-way goes, Wade has done more than not throw it on the table - when Matt joked about it in their post-fuck heart-to-heart, Wade said something dismissive like "you can try" or something similar, shaking his head. It was not going to happen. At the time I thought this was about Alex's libido but Wade does seem resistant to the idea. I bet Wade was reading one of my previous posts and thinks that Matt could take Alex away from him :gikkle:

• Like 2

JJ won't try this again on family members again, probably. Instead, he'll save that for whatever entourage he sets up when he's in his 20's and living on his own.

Nonsense. He'd never wait that long. He'll try a different tact.

If nothing else, this confrontation has proved that Brad and the rest of the family have a handle with which they can try to control him. I don't know about you, but my default reaction to finding such a handle is to destroy it, whatever the personal consequences.

I mean, if JJ's career is going to get destroyed either way, why let Brad or Wade do it? Why not do it himself, on his own terms, to the greatest possible effect and hurting as many targets as possible?

• Like 1

Nonsense. He'd never wait that long. He'll try a different tact.

If nothing else, this confrontation has proved that Brad and the rest of the family have a handle with which they can try to control him. I don't know about you, but my default reaction to finding such a handle is to destroy it, whatever the personal consequences.

I mean, if JJ's career is going to get destroyed either way, why let Brad or Wade do it? Why not do it himself, on his own terms, to the greatest possible effect and hurting as many targets as possible?

The only fault in that logic that I can see is that JJ, likes the adulation. attention and sense of accomplishment he receives as a skater.  Otherwise he wouldn't put in the grueling practice hours and conditioning it takes to perform at that level.  Unless or until he decides he can live without that, then I think your conclusion that he would chuck it himself falls flat.

• Like 3

The problem is that someone else has already decided for him that he can live without it.

Eventually, it's going to occur to him that his younger brother doesn't have to live on someone else's sufferance, or depend on someone else's competence. While I would agree with the characters (and, probably, all of the forum's posters) that JJ is being a brat, he's not exactly wrong in his assessment of Wade's character for the last couple of weeks. Also, using something that central to his life as an opening shot is probably not the wisest move, or one calculated to do anything but up the stakes all around. But, then, that's Brad for you.

Edited by B1ue
  • Like 1

The problem is that someone else has already decided for him that he can live without it.

That is sort of the reason for Brad's decisions - now JJ needs to think long and hard - does he want to be a diva and get everything his own way, walking over other peoples lives in the process, or does he want to do things Brad's way and preserve his career?

Granted the stakes are higher here than the usual teenager getting grounded, but then, the Cramptons/Schulters all play for high stakes all the time.

I can say with assurance, had I ever demanded things the way the Schulter boys do, my parents would have shut me down instantaneously. Had I tried to blackmail someone emotionally the way JJ did with Wade and keeping Reilly in Malibu, it would have been a very cold day in hell before i saw the outside of the house again.

• Like 4

That is sort of the reason for Brad's decisions - now JJ needs to think long and hard - does he want to be a diva and get everything his own way, walking over other peoples lives in the process, or does he want to do things Brad's way and preserve his career?

Granted the stakes are higher here than the usual teenager getting grounded, but then, the Cramptons/Schulters all play for high stakes all the time.

I can say with assurance, had I ever demanded things the way the Schulter boys do, my parents would have shut me down instantaneously. Had I tried to blackmail someone emotionally the way JJ did with Wade and keeping Reilly in Malibu, it would have been a very cold day in hell before i saw the outside of the house again.

It sounds as if your parents were much better than Brad and Robbie. It is every kid's job to push boundaries - its every parent's job to show then where those boundaries are and the consequences of crossing them.

JJ is 100% diva but he is not stupid and I can't see him putting his skating career at risk. His real problem has been that he has never had great parents. Not quite raised by wolves but pretty close. He also has yet to learn about the "long game". Should he have given Wade a hard time over the house? Probably. Should he have threatened and blackmailed. Absolutely not.

• Like 1

Will is probably going to make a great father some day, 

I think I would be happier to have Will as my Uncle than my Dad. Unless he mellows a bit with age.

Although the birds and the bees talk would be fun - so Dad exactly how many guys did you fuck before you were 16?

• Like 1

I think I would be happier to have Will as my Uncle than my Dad. Unless he mellows a bit with age.

Although the birds and the bees talk would be fun - so Dad exactly how many guys did you fuck before you were 16?

Oh, I can SO see the embarrassed look on Will's face, 30 something and trying to explain to his son why promiscuity is not a good thing and getting caught in the "do as I say not as I did" position! Could conceivably be the first time in his life Will would be at a loss for words!

• Like 4

Oh, I can SO see the embarrassed look on Will's face, 30 something and trying to explain to his son why promiscuity is not a good thing and getting caught in the "do as I say not as I did" position! Could conceivably be the first time in his life Will would be at a loss for words!

I might be wrong but I can see Grandpa Brad sniggering in the background after setting up the conversation 

• Like 3

Please forgive my bluntness, but that's thinking like a parent, not a teenager. To put it another way, you see the outcome as something that is in JJ's hands, correct? He keeps his act together, he goes ice skating, nothing changes, right? That's not necessarily how he'd see it though. In that situation, I would have already seen ice skating in its entirety as stolen from me. Maybe I'd get a few crumbs, if my guardian of the day felt like it, but my future career as a skater is now no longer determined by how much effort I put into it. Instead, it is dependent on that guardian's whims, on whether or not he thinks it is important.

Let me make a similar comparison. Say you got a job as a teenager, a real one, and put your money in an account that you opened for yourself. Six months into it, after saving up for, say, a car, you try to

pull money out only to find out that your parents have completely locked you out of access to that money. "You're our responsibility," they explain, and refuse to either give you partial control or allow you to keep your money or open a different account. In fact, if the check fails to reach the account every week, they'll take all of it as you can't be trusted. Oh, if you are good, and do exactly what they say when they say it, they'll let you have access to the money. Probably, unless they're busy or don't feel like it. And by the way, they don't think you having a car is appropriate, even if the entire reason you have a job is to buy and maintain that car.

All that, while annoying, is probably reasonable if you have trustworthy parents. Now, add a further dimension to it. From JJ's perspective, I don't think Brad or Wade would count as trustworthy. Not that they'd count as abusive, but both of them have "proven" from JJ's perspective that they don't give a damn about JJ in general or ice-skating in particular. The only people JJ could depend on, except Tiffany, are either dead or will be completely across the country from him, and Tiffany is going to be busy.

• Like 1

I'm curious, but why would Will come to think that promiscuity was a bad thing? Unless you mean from an emotional stand-point, in which case the talk wouldn't be difficult at all. "I jumped into bed with my first couple of boyfriends a bit too early in the relationship, and got my heart broken. I also got a black eye from knowingly sleeping with a guy that was dating someone else at the time. I regret those acts. I hope you don't make the same mistakes." See, easy, and he doesn't have to admit that promiscuity helped him get over those early broken hearts if he doesn't want to.

• Like 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..