2014 GA NHL Playoffs Pool

Well in the East, Boston and Montreal easily wrap up their series. The Flyers are giving New York a much tougher fight than I expected, and Pittsburgh can't seem to put down a mediocre team. 

The West is much tighter, except for the California matchup. LA went down 3-0, won game 4, and is now up 3-0 in game 5. As much as I would like to seem them win, I doubt they can come from 3 games down. 

I love playoff hockey! :D

Edited by TetRefine

:sighs: I thought San Jose's fight was going to be a little easier, but I guess LA Kings have always been SJ Shark's worst enemy.... Next game is at LA Kings.... I would bet on the 7th game.

What if you get some of the brackets wrong but you do pick some right and ultimately chose the correct champion? The champ pick with the most correct brackets is declared winner? Or do some wrong bracket picks early DQ you?

What if you get some of the brackets wrong but you do pick some right and ultimately chose the correct champion? The champ pick with the most correct brackets is declared winner? Or do some wrong bracket picks early DQ you?

The way we've done it in the past is by points I believe. You got 1 point for picking the correct winner in each series in each round, and whoever had the most point at the end wins. So it's not necessarily based on picking the right Stanley Cup winner in the end, but rather consistently right picks throughout the playoffs. So even if you pick the right champion, if your other picks were bad in previous rounds it pretty much screws you. :P

The way we've done it in the past is by points I believe. You got 1 point for picking the correct winner in each series in each round, and whoever had the most point at the end wins. So it's not necessarily based on picking the right Stanley Cup winner in the end, but rather consistently right picks throughout the playoffs. So even if you pick the right champion, if your other picks were bad in previous rounds it pretty much screws you. :P

Former champ now chump can attest.

I thought for sure i can get a few upsets :*

With all the conference quarterfinals wrapped up, here are the standings so far:

TetRefine

Total: 6/8= 6 pts.

Kitt

Total: 6/8= 6 pts

Mark Arbour

Total: 5/8= 5 pts

slytherin

FrenchCanadian

Red_A

Ashi

Total: 4/8= 4 pts

Andy78

Total: 3/8= 3 pts

W_L

Total: 2/8= 2 pts

And just for fun, contestants who are still in the running for picking the correct Stanley Cup winner: TetRefine, Kitt, slytherin, and FrenchCanadian. 

• Like 1

Figured.... So now the standing is? I'll do it.

Western Conference:

Central:
Minnesota Wild vs Chicago Blackhawks

Pacific:
LA Kings vs Anaheim Ducks

Eastern Conference:

Atlantic:

Boston Bruins vs Montreal Canadiens

Metro:

NY Rangers vs Pittsburgh Penguins

The only upset I would say is Avalanche's lost to Minnesota....  The others are not really surprises.  I voted before my research, so I sort of predicted Rangers probably will triumph over Philadelphia already, and same goes to Blackhawks over Blues.  Given the direction SJ coach did which goes against Sharks players' general sentiment, I thought it was a major morale hit at Game 6 by pulling off Nemo..., so I sort of feared my home team might not able to pull it, if they couldn't play with level heads at Game 7....  Oh well.  Maybe next season.  We do have a strong line up of players.

Edited by Ashi

Oh how the mighty have fallen...

Never again will I base a bracket on longshots and upsets. :(

Still, Go Bruins!

Montreal, New York, Chicago.... still too early to add the Ducks.... I guess I have a newly found talent in making predictions! :)

Canadiens fans yet again showing how much of a classy bunch they are....

http://nesn.com/2014/05/canadiens-fans-throw-garbage-at-milan-lucic-as-he-exits-ice-gif/

Umm, I guess you rapidly forgot the throwing debris and racist comments after a lost....  http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/p-k-subban-targeted-by-racist-tweets-after-habs-win-1.2629759

Also, I guess it's much classier to spray water at the opponent during a game, right? ;) It's a good thing that the Bruins found Price's weakness after game 2....

TetRefine, It's all good fun, it was a nice series, both team played well :)

Starting to believe in 25....

Edited by FrenchCanadian

Bah the canadiens and rangers

Might as well watch disney on ice :P

Edited by W_L
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

Go LA Go!!

Even though their head coach once gave me a kidney shot that hurt like hell :(