The Unauthorized Saved by The Bell Story

methodwriter85

Fellow Millennials who grew up watching Saturday morning t.v. in the early 1990's, Lifetime is airing a Saved by the Bell biopic on September 1st!

I'm so down. Oh my god. It looks trashy, embellished, and casted with people that seem completely wrong for the parts- absolutely perfect for "so bad it's good" t.v. watching.

I'm really hoping that if this is successful, they'll get an idea to do one on Beverly Hills, 90210. The Shannen Doherty stuff alone would be great...

I'm really hoping that if this is successful, they'll get an idea to do one on Beverly Hills, 90210. The Shannen Doherty stuff alone would be great...

I thought they already tried a 90210 remake? :huh:

Edited by K.C.

I thought they already tried a 90210 remake? :huh:

Yeah, I think it got cancelled :P

Still, look at Girl Meets World that show is still going strong. Michael Jacobs did a great job setting up Boy Meets World characters and touching this generation with its brand of humor.

A reboot series or a sequel is not a horrible idea, nor is a biopic behind the show series.

I'm bnot a Millennial, but I did watch some of the shows with my kids.  Tried to monitor what they were watching.  I'll have to see what they think of this.  

• 2 months later...

Fellow Millennials who grew up watching Saturday morning t.v. in the early 1990's, Lifetime is airing a Saved by the Bell biopic on September 1st!

I'm so down. Oh my god. It looks trashy, embellished, and casted with people that seem completely wrong for the parts- absolutely perfect for "so bad it's good" t.v. watching.

I was never a big fan of that show but my sister was. I tried to watching the behind-the-scenes movie but found it incredibly boring! I ended up turning it off after 30 minutes or so.

Maxx

I actually watched it all the way through, and I can see why the former cast members refuse to acknowledge it nor did they endorse the movie. But I think they all portrayed the characters nicely and didn't damage their image at all.

It was decent, and I guess I was a huge fan back then. I think it was honest, but maybe some of it was fabricated to fit into the amount of time allowed for the film.