Oh, Irri, thank you for bringing that up. It's been bugging me like Hell, too, especially since Ren admits to realizing that Jonah wanted to do this the first weekend they were together!

:blink:   :huh:  WTF ? Another sign of Ren being selfish and arrogant? Or??

Or.... maybe like Jonah agreeing to the living together, it was Ren's great big huge surrender??? And then BAM! Jonah dumps him.

• Like 2

Okay, so it was their big you trust me I trust you event. Maybe Ren had a few issues of his own? And then, to quote Irri:

But can you not talk about it for a whole year? Does that happen? This is all starting to feel very Freudian :blushing:  but I think if I were Jonah, I would've worked up the courage to mention it at some point.

• Like 1

3 Aug is my son's birthday! Good omen. And oh the blissful relief it is to hear Matteo talking sense to Jonah.

Yeah, but Jonah didn't really hear what he was saying...so sad...and good quality knives are so easy to sharpen...

• Like 2

LOL I did the same thing after a college breakup, but a classmate used his electric trimmer to help me out. We didn't have proper cooking equipment.

Edit: I don't know if it's the holiday season or the virus, but I'm terribly exercised in my mind about Jonah, I can't concentrate on work at all. I think Ren absolutely should not go and find him. I think Jonah needs to take responsibility for going and finding Ren and apologizing for running away and ditching him. 

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 2

Edit: I don't know if it's the holiday season or the virus, but I'm terribly exercised in my mind about Jonah, I can't concentrate on work at all. I think Ren absolutely should not go and find him. I think Jonah needs to take responsibility for going and finding Ren and apologizing for running away and ditching him. 

But Ren cheated on him and even if there would have been any doubt, Ren killed that by admitting to it! These are Jonah's facts. Cheating and betrayal are Jonah's sore points. He's set himself on moving on and Jonah can be a very determined  man if he wants to be that.

So team 'Man with the Tattoo', you're bound to suffer for your man's stupidity. That's all I'm saying...

• Like 2

But Ren cheated on him and even if there would have been any doubt, Ren killed that by admitting to it! These are Jonah's facts. Cheating and betrayal are Jonah's sore points. He's set himself on moving on and Jonah can be a very determined  man if he wants to be that.

So team 'Man with the Tattoo', you're bound to suffer for your man's stupidity. That's all I'm saying...

First off, that's Team man With A dove Tattoo, stylishly known as TWAT. Secondly, all I as chairperson can say, is that for a science writer, Jonah is shockingly lax in his interpretation of data, and it's causing him more suffering than us, seeing as he's the one crying in cathedrals. But let that go. I just think that in terms of character & plot it would be too easy for Ren to coincidentally see an ad and be moved to stop sulking and come find Jonah, unless Jonah were coming to some kind of realization of his own.

Having said all that, I'm hooked on this story like a crack-addicted monkey, so you can do pretty much what you like and I'll be happy  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Having said all that, I'm hooked on this story like a crack-addicted monkey, so you can do pretty much what you like and I'll be happy  :rolleyes:

Awww...Irri. You just made a dreary, stressful Monday so much brighter! Thank you! :*)

• Like 1

Awww...Irri. You just made a dreary, stressful Monday so much brighter! Thank you!  :*)

AND I deleted the obnoxious thing I said in Gary's thread, so I'm being downright saintly  0:)  Ok, time to declare victory and go back to bed. Have a good day, Addy!

AND I deleted the obnoxious thing I said in Gary's thread, so I'm being downright saintly  0:)  Ok, time to declare victory and go back to bed. Have a good day, Addy!

ahh, that's why I got updates saying you'd replied to Gary's status and when I looked, there was no comments.

Sleep well, Irri :)

• Like 1

So Adi, you are saying that there is no doubt that Ren cheated on Jonah...If these are Jonah's facts and not his assumptions....And you are saying that Ren admitted it! Okay, love the story but I am done speculating...I concede defeat...my hope is dead....Do what you will...

• Like 1

Gary, to say it with Martin Luther King:

We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.

In the words of the irrepressible Gary....I can only beat my head against the wall so many times before a concussion causes me to commit erratic behaviors...and I start acting like a writer :P

• Like 2

Well that's just depressing...I was holding out some hope that there was an explanation (eg Ren overreacting and saying something stupid to Chris out of anger for being mistrusted and Jonah not talking to him) but I guess that hope is gone and Ren really is a sociopath who could make someone believe they love them for a whole year, get a tattoo, give no real outward indication or clues that they are a cheating ass etc when they actually don't care about the person at all, except how much and how long they can play them.

• Like 3

Seven more chapters?!?! Seven more weeks of this spinning our wheels? Seriously...hasn't it been like two years already?? ....bangs head against wall....massive internal bleeding...major damage of the frontal lobe.....need..........life.............support............arggggggggg....gasp.....sigh.......beep..beep...beep

• Like 3

TEAM! TWATs! Please! Remain calm... He said those are Jonah's facts. Which proves that Addy is evil, not that Ren is. Seven more chapters... Well yes, but we'll be there for each other... Besides we don't want it to end anyway, right?

PLEASE...STOP THE INSANITY...Thank God we have a support system because Adi IS evil and cruel...cruel and evil....How about seven chapters of happiness for a change....STELLLLLA  STEEELLLLLA....wait...wrong story...see...brain damage caused by Adi and his evil ways...

• Like 2