Irri, are you part wolf?? I agree with you that Jonah should apologize to Ren, but at this point I don't think he is capable. Also, very, very clever catch on the photo!! I am so impressed...that catch should win a forum award for retaining obscure knowledge :worship: :worship: :worship:

No Irri, I didn't catch that...I just thought that it would piss Ren off because he would be jealous...I didn't make the connection with that earlier photo until you mentioned it. As a genius, you stand alone :huh::worship:

Oh. Wait. We've forgotten Sandro.

Well, I would be hoping Jonah held on to Sando and told Ren "Sorry, you're too late. I'm going to be with a man who loves me the way I am and doen't deliberately hurt me." if it wasn't for the fact that not even I am that self-deluded. :no:

Ren still owns Jonah's heart, even if he broke it and stomped all over it and threw it away. :pissed:

I think both Ren and Jonah have apologizing to do. I wish Jonah would go to Ren to talk things over. He needs to grow up (I say this a lot because I think it's important) and be the one to come back and face his problems and not run. If Ren comes to him, then what has Jonah learned, except its ok to run, not talk things out, screw with (literally and figuratively) another guy right away and the guy you ran from will still come and grovel at your feet. He will never change if that happens. I also think Ren needs to tone down the macho "doesn't have to answer to anyone attitude". He acted like a jerk and grovelling needs to happen.

I have a hard time caring what happens with Sandro. You screw a guy on the rebound and you get what you get. He may be a nice guy, but I haven't let myself get invested with him because I feel like Jonah is going to just leave him twitching in his dust anyways.

If Ren comes to him, then what has Jonah learned, except its ok to run, not talk things out, screw with (literally and figuratively) another guy right away and the guy you ran from will still come and grovel at your feet. 

YES! EXACTLY!

Well, she is the team leader...

I have a hard time caring what happens with Sandro. You screw a guy on the rebound and you get what you get. He may be a nice guy, but I haven't let myself get invested with him because I feel like Jonah is going to just leave him twitching in his dust anyways. 

That just made this even more apt. But I swear this is my last bit of silliness for the week. Edit: I think Sandro's the guy with the black boot in the foreground.

Edited by Irritable1

If Ren comes to him, then what has Jonah learned, except its ok to run, not talk things out, screw with (literally and figuratively) another guy right away and the guy you ran from will still come and grovel at your feet. He will never change if that happens.

and what's wrong with running away and making a new life if the guy you love screws you over ? Remember this is what Jonah did when Eric cheated on him. As I said in one of my earliest reviews, Jonah should have stayed away, he was stupid to come back and 'talk things out' with Eric.

I'd say Jonah learnt his lesson well: run away and do your best to forget about the past and make a new life. I'm sure his cousin would love to employ him in the restaurant, the weather is warm, and he has a hot hat maker devoted to him. Sounds like Paradise to me. :)

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2

and what's wrong with running away and making a new life if the guy you love screws you over ? Remember this is what Jonah did when Eric cheated on him. As I said in one of my earliest reviews, Jonah should have stayed away, he was stupid to come back and 'talk things out' with Eric.

I'd say Jonah learnt his lesson well: run away and do your best to forget about the past and make a new life. I'm sure his cousin would love to employ him in the restaurant, the weather is warm, and he has a hot hat maker devoted to him. Sounds like Paradise to me. :)

Then what is the point in the story if Jonah always runs and doesn't learn to stop? He WILL do it to Sandro if he doesn't learn how to face his problems head on. Sandro may not cheat, but all Jonah would need is the perception that he did to take off again. Don't tell me that will never happen. Italians are a demomstrative bunch, he'll catch Sandro hugging up some friend, or alone (even briefly and innocently) with some naked guy in a hat, then he'll be tearing out if Italy without a word. He NEEDS to stop running away. I dont even care who he ends up with at this point.

• Like 1

Then what is the point in the story if Jonah always runs and doesn't learn to stop? He WILL do it to Sandro if he doesn't learn how to face his problems head on. Sandro may not cheat, but all Jonah would need is the perception that he did to take off again. Don't tell me that will never happen. Italians are a demomstrative bunch, he'll catch Sandro hugging up some friend, or alone (even briefly and innocently) with some naked guy in a hat, then he'll be tearing out if Italy without a word. He NEEDS to stop running away. I dont even care who he ends up with at this point.

I wish I had likes left...I totally agree with this one!!

• Like 2

Then what is the point in the story if Jonah always runs and doesn't learn to stop? He WILL do it to Sandro if he doesn't learn how to face his problems head on.

I don't think we're gonna find common ground here. I think Jonah had good reasons to run so far and once he finds his peace of mind, he won't run again. After all, he stayed with Ren for a whole year and was happy in spite of a few wrinkles (such as Ren only topping). 

If he runs from Sandro, it would either be because he came to the conclusion that he didn't love him, or it would be to run back in Ren's arms. I'm hoping neither of those happen, and I have trust in Sandro and Jonah as a couple. They already seem to communicate well and Sandro is open about how he feels and he does not want to control Jonah. If Ren would just stay away, we could have a HEA in Sicily.

• Like 1

I don't think we're gonna find common ground here. I think Jonah had good reasons to run so far and once he finds his peace of mind, he won't run again. After all, he stayed with Ren for a whole year and was happy in spite of a few wrinkles (such as Ren only topping). 

If he runs from Sandro, it would either be because he came to the conclusion that he didn't love him, or it would be to run back in Ren's arms. I'm hoping neither of those happen, and I have trust in Sandro and Jonah as a couple. They already seem to communicate well and Sandro is open about how he feels and he does not want to control Jonah. If Ren would just stay away, we could have a HEA in Sicily.

I'm not saying he had no reason to be upset. I'm saying running is not a solution.

And are you honestly saying that Jonah will NEVER misinterpret something that Sandro does, or think he will stop to talk to Sandro first if he does see something suspicious? Sandro may talk about his feelings, but if it's scary or potentially bad, Jonah runs...always. Like you said, he trusted and apparently loved Ren for a whole year and still ran without talking to him first.

• Like 1

In fairness, though, Jonah had a really nasty experience with Eric cheating and his starting up a relationship with Ren was all wound up with Eric also. It's not likely that SANDRO is also an ex of Eric's from the time Eric was breaking Jonah's heart. I think it's the creepy recurrence he couldn't take as much as anything.

• Like 1

In fairness, though, Jonah had a really nasty experience with Eric cheating and his starting up a relationship with Ren was all wound up with Eric also. It's not likely that SANDRO is also an ex of Eric's from the time Eric was breaking Jonah's heart. I think it's the creepy recurrence he couldn't take as much as anything.

Yea I guess that makes sense. I think I just want Jonah to learn something from this, like deal with your own problems, so there is a point to this story, besides Jonah being the precocious scamp that always runs away but we just gotta love him in spite of his faults. Unfortunately, I am cranky I think (hard few days) and at this point I don't even care if he ends up with Sandro, Matteo or the entire Italian national football team. Jonah is exhausting.

• Like 2

Yea I guess that makes sense. I think I just want Jonah to learn something from this, like deal with your own problems, so there is a point to this story, besides Jonah being the precocious scamp that always runs away but we just gotta love him in spite of his faults. Unfortunately, I am cranky I think (hard few days) and at this point I don't even care if he ends up with Sandro, Matteo or the entire Italian national football team. Jonah is exhausting.

Jesus, not Matteo! He'd never be able to stop running then! 

Honestly, thinking it over? all that Eric history makes me think yeah, Tim's got a point it'd be better if Jonah and Ren didn't get back together. Sometimes you just can't get past all the baggage and these two have SO MUCH.

• Like 2

Jesus, not Matteo! He'd never be able to stop running then!

Honestly, thinking it over? all that Eric history makes me think yeah, Tim's got a point it'd be better if Jonah and Ren didn't get back together. Sometimes you just can't get past all the baggage and these two have SO MUCH.

True enough. I give up on Ren. Give him to Sandro. He can stay in Italy, cook soup with Matteo, Sandro can stop taking naked men pictures and Rick, Matteo, Sandro and Jonah can open a B & B together or something.

Just for goodness sake Adi have an epilogue or something where he misunderstands something that he sees Sandro do and instead of running TALKS to him and they work it out. Please.

Edit: I don't give up on my belief that Ren didn't cheat, but I give up on him and Jonah being together. There is a lot of baggage with Eric and that will be impossible to for Jonah to deal with unless Ren drops Eric as a friend. To be honest though, I also don't care if he ends up with Sandro. I haven't let myself care about Sandro as more than an messy inconvenience so if they end up together I'd have to reread the story and try to give him a chance the second time around.

Edited by LitLover
  • Like 2

I find it interesting how much  :fight: we can do with this story, on pretty much the same circular path, week in and week out. I wonder why...

Because we're masochists and keep reading even though Jonah and Adi drive us bonkers??  

Oh and we're all opinionated and stubborn as hell?   :P

Edited by LitLover
  • Like 5

Well, my eighteen cents (inflation, you know) worth says that Chris had an ulterior motive  in causing heartbreak for Jonah. He purposely brought Jonah back early; purposely took him to the same restaurant where he KNEW Ren and Eric would be, and then GASP, warned Jonah not to turn around, which of course he did. Why did Chris do this? Aditus only knows! As I am an impatient reader who often reads the last chapter first to allay my fears, it is very tempting to take A up on his offer, but I won't. I shall suffer through it with everyone else. But being a bit of a Pollyanna I predict Ren and Jonah get back together; Jonah will never speak to Eric or Chris again, and his photo will be world renowned.

Absolutely love this story!

Thank you Coastguard, for your kind words and for being willing to suffer with the rest of the gang. If everything goes as planned, the last chapter will be posted on Valentine's Day. Pure coincidence. :P

• Like 1

He's staying with Sandro? Ren didn't cheat and he still loses? If this is really how it's going to play out I may have walk away, weep a little and then maybe come back to the story in a few months and re-read it. Maybe I won't hate this so much by then. (Guess I didn't give up on Jonah and Ren like I thought)

Oh an Sandro loves him already? Really? And we thought Ren moved fast.

Edit: on the plus side I guess this qualifies as Jonah trying to act like a grown up.

Edited by LitLover
  • Like 2

Ren didn't cheat and he still loses?

Yes, because he chose to say the one thing knew would hurt Jonah the most. We've been told this several times now.

It's sad but Ren's pride and hurt feelings from Jonah's lack of trust were apparently more important to him than keeping Jonah's love right at that moment. But the main thing was he didn't take into account how fragile Jonah was from Eric's earlier betrayal and how dangerous Eric is. Jonah warned him, but oh no Ren knew better. He has no one to blame but himself, and I guess he knows it. And he has a tattoo to remind him of what he has lost for the rest of his life. :(

• Like 1

Yes, because he chose to say the one thing knew would hurt Jonah the most. We've been told this several times now.

It's sad but Ren's pride and hurt feelings from Jonah's lack of trust were apparently more important to him than keeping Jonah's love right at that moment. But the main thing was he didn't take into account how fragile Jonah was from Eric's earlier betrayal and how dangerous Eric is. Jonah warned him, but oh no Ren knew better. He has no one to blame but himself, and I guess he knows it. And he has a tattoo to remind him of what he has lost for the rest of his life. :(

Yea and Jonah did the one thing that would be guaranteed to hurt Ren too..he didn't trust him...didn't even try.  He knows that trust is important to Ren too (Ren told him that) and still he ran without talking to him...himself...not send someone else.  Ren might not have said something so stupid (and yes it was monumentally stupid) if Jonah had been the one to go and see him.  

I guess its a moot point now.  Jonah has moved on.  Ren has lost him.  Hopefully they both learn something.  

Edit:  Everyone is all "oh poor Jonah".  Yea he was hurt.  I get that, but by running without giving him a chance, or even a glimmer of trust, he gutted Ren too, but Jonah gets the hat guy and Ren gets...gin?.  

Edited by LitLover
  • Like 2