I get your point Gary, but it makes me sad to think that Jonah is so gullible, because if Chris is doing this it means Jonah never knew what an actor and jerk his friend is and they've known each other for years.

I prefer to think of Chris as honest and kind and helpful. So no axe for him until further notice...

• Like 2

When my best  friend was upset a couple of years ago he held onto me for dear life and I hugged him and stroked his hair and tried my best to let him know everything would be ok...

In a fancy restaurant? in between peals of laughter? I'm not seeing it. Also, have you had a birthday?? I notice your age count has ticked over...

Ok, I've had a massively long nap and I'm capable of greater feats of speculation now. How about this, which exculpates everyone but Eric:

Eric has figured out about Chris taking Jonah to this restaurant. Don't ask me how! Maybe he's bugged Chris's phone. "Sob, Ren, can you meet with me? I need your advice about how to get Chris back. You were so good with working things out with Jonah, I really really need Chris, please can you have lunch with me and give me your ideas? I have an awful feeling he's getting fond of that Michael guy."

Ren, moved by idiotic but sweet fellow feeling, lets Eric love on him because if Eric is in love with Chris, how could it be inappropriate? (Edit: Full disclosure--I've done something like this. It simply didn't occur to me that people flirt inappropriately if they're attached [Edit 2: or if YOU'RE attached]... they must just be overly affectionate).

:pinch:  OW. Brain hurts.

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 2

In a fancy restaurant? in between peals of laughter? I'm not seeing it. Also, have you had a birthday?? I notice your age count has ticked over...

Ok, I've had a massively long nap and I'm capable of greater feats of speculation now. How about this, which exculpates everyone but Eric:

Eric has figured out about Chris taking Jonah to this restaurant. Don't ask me how! Maybe he's bugged Chris's phone. "Sob, Ren, can you meet with me? I need your advice about how to get Chris back. You were so good with working things out with Jonah, I really really need Chris, please can you have lunch with me and give me your ideas? I have an awful feeling he's getting fond of that Michael guy."

Ren, moved by idiotic but sweet fellow feeling, lets Eric love on him because if Eric is in love with Chris, how could it be inappropriate?

Nope...In a bar in the afternoon... he called me ,upset and I told him to meet me there, and then later walked him to Cawthra Park (famous gay park on Church St) and we sat on a bench there as he poured his heart out...we hadn't been touchy feely ever before that but he needed the physical contact....

And yes, I just turned sixty a few days ago so I changed my age on my profile....

Great theory and that would be a good way to get Ren there, under false pretenses....but it doesn't explain what seems to me to be strange behavior by Chris....yet your theory is as good as any. My brain hurts too...from disappointment because maybe Ren did screw Jonah over...my gut says one thing but the writing indicates another....Would you,Irri, put that tattoo on your body if you were just playing a game...if you didn't love Jonah???

Would you,Irri, put that tattoo on your body if you were just playing a game...if you didn't love Jonah???

:rofl:

As Mr. Irri said when I asked him a similar question about Priest and Pariahs, "There are so many, many preconditions to that scenario that I don't see how I can give you a meaningful answer." But no, I don't think so.  :gikkle:

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 2

Ren is an idiot, but he does love Jonah. His main issue is that he cannot stand a lack of trust, but even so he should realize how the scene with Eric must look to an outsider, let alone Jonah who has been cheated on by the very same guy. Chris is a genuine, loyal but naive friend, who is very protective of Jonah. Between them they've managed to fuck this situation up in spades.

My advise to Jonah is the same: keep running and forget about Ren. But somehow I think Ren will catch him, and Jonah will probably be happier with that outcome, in the long run. But I hope Ren has to grovel and humiliate himself A LOT first ! Are you listening, Aditus ?

Oh and I was so right about Ren bottoming from the top, LOL.

• Like 2

Nope...In a bar in the afternoon... he called me ,upset and I told him to meet me there, and then later walked him to Cawthra Park (famous gay park on Church St) and we sat on a bench there as he poured his heart out...we hadn't been touchy feely ever before that but he needed the physical contact....

Thank you Gary for telling us this story. And I'm glad I'm not the only one, nor is Jonah, who who doesn't shy away from getting touchy feely if we think there's need for this. Sometimes it's the only or at least the fastes way to comfort a person.

"Sob, Ren, can you meet with me?

LOL Sob, Ren?

My advise to Jonah is the same: keep running and forget about Ren. But somehow I think Ren will catch him, and Jonah will probably be happier with that outcome, in the long run. But I hope Ren has to grovel and humiliate himself A LOT first ! Are you listening, Aditus ?

Oh and I was so right about Ren bottoming from the top, LOL.

Oh yes, I'm listening.

Gary said: But the biggest thing of all is why would Ren do this at all...he gave Jonah a ring, got a tattoo and asked him to move in and he apparently told Chris it was because he could...what is he..Lord Voldemort?

I tried to picture this...

LitLover said: No matter what happens now Jonah is never going to be the same.

This is so true.

I came back from the Christmas market last night, being a little tipsy because I tried to get warm drinking mulled wine (stupid idea), and read all your wonderful thought, comments and ideas. I didn't even try to write an answer here, I would have probably spilled the beans. The wine was really that good. LOL

Edited by aditus
  • Like 3

I came back from the Christmas market last night, being a little tipsy because I tried to get warm drinking mulled wine (stupid idea), and read all your wonderful thought, comments and ideas. I didn't even try to write an answer here, I would have probably spilled the beans. The wine was really that good. LOL

Not quite good enough to get another hint? Hahaha! You have us all climbing trees Addy!

• Like 1

OMG. Jonah stop squabbling with your crazy cousin (I think Rick is bananas to try and coerce jonah into HIV tests) and go home if you can't leave the customers alone! Good GRIEF! But yes, he does seem to have reached some bedrock convictions about Ren finally, doesn't he? Verrrry interesting....

• Like 2

I guess I'm not ready to let Ren go until Jonah talks to Ren himself. Who knows what was actually said to Chris and what was Chris's interpretation of what he thought Ren meant (see over-analyzing again). I guess that's not going to happen anytime soon though if Ren has no idea where Jonah is right now. If Ren didn't cheat with Eric all I can hope now is that too much doesn't happen (eg between Jonah and the hat guy - I am putting my vote in for just friends please!!) and too much time doesn't pass to repair the rift before Jonah grows up enough to confront his problems.

• Like 3

OMG. Jonah stop squabbling with your crazy cousin (I think Rick is bananas to try and coerce jonah into HIV tests) and go home if you can't leave the customers alone! Good GRIEF! But yes, he does seem to have reached some bedrock convictions about Ren finally, doesn't he? Verrrry interesting....

I guess at first it looks like they're both bananas -  well they're cousins. Jonah needs to prove at all costs that he won't let himself coerce into anything anymore, which is why he overreacted. And Rick, well fear let you do stupid things and Jonah's reaction only riled him up.

I guess nobody can just stop loving someone. With your head maybe, but not with your heart. We shouldn't forget the hurtful words Ren said though, Jonah definitely doesn't want to be with Ren anymore. He wants to move on.

I guess I'm not ready to let Ren go until Jonah talks to Ren himself. Who knows what was actually said to Chris and what was Chris's interpretation of what he thought Ren meant (see over-analyzing again). I guess that's not going to happen anytime soon though if Ren has no idea where Jonah is right now. If Ren didn't cheat with Eric all I can hope now is that too much doesn't happen (eg between Jonah and the hat guy - I am putting my vote in for just friends please!!) and too much time doesn't pass to repair the rift before Jonah grows up enough to confront his problems.

The one thing I can promise is that Jonah will grow up eventually.

• Like 1

I guess I'm not ready to let Ren go until Jonah talks to Ren himself. 

I guess nobody can just stop loving someone. With your head maybe, but not with your heart. We shouldn't forget the hurtful words Ren said though, Jonah definitely doesn't want to be with Ren anymore. He wants to move on.

I'm not ready to let Ren go under any circumstances whatever.

• Like 3

I guess nobody can just stop loving someone. With your head maybe, but not with your heart. We shouldn't forget the hurtful words Ren said though, Jonah definitely doesn't want to be with Ren anymore. He wants to move on.

There's the rub, though. What hurtful words did Ren say? Not a one to Jonah. We are expected to believe Chris? Why should we after what he did in the past...I can't forget that he was mean enough to bring Eric straight to Jonah's place after they became a couple and screwed him there. Doesn't anyone else get how truly awful that is. That wasn't stupidity...that was vindictive! Chris had an ulterior motive then so why believe he doesn't have one now. It looks to me that Jonah is still manipulated by so called friends....I can only hope that Michael figures it out and sets Jonah straight. Count me in on Team"man with a tattoo".....

• Like 3

There's the rub, though. What hurtful words did Ren say? Not a one to Jonah. We are expected to believe Chris? Why should we after what he did in the past...I can't forget that he was mean enough to bring Eric straight to Jonah's place after they became a couple and screwed him there. Doesn't anyone else get how truly awful that is. That wasn't stupidity...that was vindictive! Chris had an ulterior motive then so why believe he doesn't have one now. It looks to me that Jonah is still manipulated by so called friends....I can only hope that Michael figures it out and sets Jonah straight. Count me in on Team"man with a tattoo".....

Aw, Gary, Chris was under the influence of love!  :heart: Isn't it time to forgive him now? It's been over a year. And it was even Ren's idea! Remember he dragged them over there??? If Ren's forgiven then surely poor dumb Chris should be? (I can't help but think of Chris as terminally air-headed, for some reason) 

• Like 1

Aw, Gary, Chris was under the influence of love!  :heart: Isn't it time to forgive him now? It's been over a year. And it was even Ren's idea! Remember he dragged them over there??? If Ren's forgiven then surely poor dumb Chris should be? (I can't help but think of Chris as terminally air-headed, for some reason) 

Irri...you have to know that I love you...BUT! Ren's  reasoning was that he wanted Jonah to realize he was carrying a torch for the wrong guy...and that he (Ren) was in love with Jonah....No friend is that stupid that they would

do such a thing to their best friend...Chris is the dumbest guy on the planet or he was rubbing Jonah's nose in it.... so Chris was in love with Eric and wanted him at all costs...why would we think he has changed...Eric DUMPED him because he was in love with Jonah all along...Hell hath no fury like a woman or a gay guy scorned...no matter where Adi takes us, I will NEVER forgive Chris....Carlos! Back me up here...Bros before Hos

• Like 2

Chris was in love with Eric and wanted him at all costs...why would we think he has changed...Eric DUMPED him because he was in love with Jonah all along...Hell hath no fury like a woman or a gay guy scorned...no matter where Adi takes us, I will NEVER forgive Chris....Carlos! Back me up here...Bros before Hos

Hmm, Gary, I have to admit you are very convincing. However, I do feel there could be another explanation, which would entail Chris being naive and none-too-clever.

Jonah seems to be quite good at confusing people about what his feelings are (remember how Ren was surprised that Jonah liked him). And we were told at the beginning how he tried to pretend Eric was just a friend now. Oh, Eric and Ren knew this wasn't true, but maybe Chris didn't. He could be one of those people who takes things at face value (sort of autistic), so if Jonah says he's over Eric and they are just friends now, Chris believes this. Just as he believed Eric saying he loved him, and Ren saying it would be fine to go over to Jonah's place.

In fact, this would also expain why Chris misunderstood Ren at the café. Ren was being deeply sarcastic, but Chris took his words literally and stormed off before Ren could explain. I bet Ren is :facepalm: himself after realizing.

Oh, I'm still totally pissed with Ren for meeting up with Eric, but I'm hoping Chris acted the way he did from an innocent wish to be helpful and not from evil design. Remember, if this is the case, Ren is much more likely to win Jonah back, so you and Irri should support this interpretation. :lol:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2

Hmm, Gary, I have to admit you are very convincing. However, I do feel there could be another explanation, which would entail Chris being naive and none-too-clever.

Jonah seems to be quite good at confusing people about what his feelings are (remember how Ren was surprised that Jonah liked him). And we were told at the beginning how he tried to pretend Eric was just a friend now. Oh, Eric and Ren knew this wasn't true, but maybe Chris didn't. He could be one of those people who takes things at face value (sort of autistic), so if Jonah says he's over Eric and they are just friends now, Chris believes this. Just as he believed Eric saying he loved him, and Ren saying it would be fine to go over to Jonah's place.

In fact, this would also expain why Chris misunderstood Ren at the café. Ren was being deeply sarcastic, but Chris took his words literally and stormed off before Ren could explain. I bet Ren is :facepalm: himself after realizing.

Oh, I'm still totally pissed with Ren for meeting up with Eric, but I'm hoping Chris acted the way he did from an innocent wish to be helpful and not from evil design. Remember, if this is the case, Ren is much more likely to win Jonah back, so you and Irri should support this interpretation. :lol:

Yo Buddy...you could be right...all I will say is that i always know what my close friends are about...I know when they are full of shit...Is Chris that dense? Maybe...but he was in control of too many things about the whole scenario...and I can't get past him seeing Ren alone...to me , a real friend would have put them together for resolution...not sneak one of them out the back door of a restaurant...seriously...who does that?  And Chris was the one who manouvered  it so Jonah was there in the first place with a really flimsy excuse...It's up to Adi...but when things don't make sense to me...I can't reconcile...cheers Tim...G

• Like 1

Yo Buddy...you could be right...all I will say is that i always know what my close friends are about...I know when they are full of shit...Is Chris that dense?

Ahh, Gary, I guess it's hard for someone like you, who is eminent at reading between the lines, to understand what life is like for people with blunt antennae. :no:

I've pissed off more than one friend (guys and girls) by being totally oblivious to how they were feeling, until I learnt to tell them: "If you're feeling down or need help, tell me. But don't expect me to notice by myself."

More than one person has later said to me: "You are one of the most caring, loyal, helpful persons I know - once you find out that something is wrong. But you sure weren't joking about needing to be told !"

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2

I think it's clear from the way the first chapter is written that Chris totally does believe it. But he's also had years to acclimate himself to the belief: Jonah ran away and came back months after his breakup with Eric, pretending that he was over it, and has made no attempt to get Eric back, for years. Ren might not have noticed that Jonah was into Eric if he hadn't been trying to snag Jonah for himself, and failing. That's what got him watching Jonah more closely.

Speaking of hos, new theory: Eric is doing an article on gay-friendliness of restaurants (I've forgotten what his job is, or if he has one) and asked Ren to participate as his emergency "mystery diner." Now it's just a big old coincidence and Ren's got a reason for touching him.

But I'm also starting to get weirded out, Gary, that Chris snuck Jonah out the back... It could be extreme sensitivity, but that doesn't sound like Chris...  :rolleyes: 

Ahh, Gary, I guess it's hard for someone like you, who is eminent at reading between the lines, to understand what life is like for people with blunt antennae.  :no:

:yes:  I'm great with text... speech and facial expressions, not so much.

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 2

Jonah seems to be quite good at confusing people about what his feelings are (remember how Ren was surprised that Jonah liked him). And we were told at the beginning how he tried to pretend Eric was just a friend now. Oh, Eric and Ren knew this wasn't true, but maybe Chris didn't. He could be one of those people who takes things at face value (sort of autistic), so if Jonah says he's over Eric and they are just friends now, Chris believes this. Just as he believed Eric saying he loved him, and Ren saying it would be fine to go over to Jonah's place.

In fact, this would also expain why Chris misunderstood Ren at the café. Ren was being deeply sarcastic, but Chris took his words literally and stormed off before Ren could explain. I bet Ren is :facepalm: himself after realizing.

Oh, I'm still totally pissed with Ren for meeting up with Eric, but I'm hoping Chris acted the way he did from an innocent wish to be helpful and not from evil design. Remember, if this is the case, Ren is much more likely to win Jonah back, so you and Irri should support this interpretation. :lol:

This would explain things in a nice tidy package, that's for sure.

All that would be left would be for Ren to grovel at Jonah's feet for being such a dumbass and allowing Eric to be so intimate with him at the restaurant and being such a sarcastic ass when confronted about it.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling that nothing is ever that easy, or neat and tidy in Jonah's world.

Edited by LitLover
  • Like 1

Ahh, Gary, I guess it's hard for someone like you, who is eminent at reading between the lines, to understand what life is like for people with blunt antennae. :no:

I've pissed off more than one friend (guys and girls) by being totally oblivious to how they were feeling, until I learnt to tell them: "If you're feeling down or need help, tell me. But don't expect me to notice by myself."

More than one person has later said to me: "You are one of the most caring, loyal, helpful persons I know - once you find out that something is wrong. But you sure weren't joking about needing to be told !"

Welcome to the club. I always thought I would be the only one. Really love 'blunt antennae'. :2thumbs:

Gary said: Carlos! Back me up here...Bros before Hos

LOL: Carlos already threw the towel, Gary. Let me quote him: Yup, too much fucking drama. I can't stand that shit! :rofl: So, you're on your own. Maybe he makes a guest appearance just for you though.

Edited by aditus
  • Like 2

LOL, sorry to see Carlos depart... he will be missed.

Ok, folks, I have a question that's been bugging me since last week, and I don't know how this works usually, but it sounds a little off somehow. The scene from Jonah and Ren's anniversary, where Jonah tops Ren for the first time? And Ren says, "I've never done this before"? Would a happy couple normally just not talk about it for an entire year

Ok, folks, I have a question that's been bugging me since last week, and I don't know how this works usually, but it sounds a little off somehow. The scene from Jonah and Ren's anniversary, where Jonah tops Ren for the first time? And Ren says, "I've never done this before"? Would a happy couple normally just not talk about it for an entire year

Oh, Irri, thank you for bringing that up. It's been bugging me like Hell, too, especially since Ren admits to realizing that Jonah wanted to do this the first weekend they were together!

:blink:   :huh:  WTF ? Another sign of Ren being selfish and arrogant? Or??

• Like 1