Sandro. Ren at least asked for it. Also I'm sorry for myself that I can't really call it a weekend till Jonah has taken another step to ruining someone's life :(

I wouldn't feel sorry for Sandro. He knew what he was getting into. I agree about Jonah ruining lives though. He could have gone to italy to work on himself without having his ego and other things stroked.

• Like 3

Even at the risk of provoking an outcry, but why is Jonah ruining everyone's life? He isn't being dishonest, he explained why he is in Italy, what had happened at home. Sandro knows exactly what he's getting into, and he's willing to risk it. Ren on the other side admitted he cheated on Jonah the whole time they were together, he even said he planned it. So why should Jonah want to talk to him? On the off chance his best friend Chris lied to him? Why should Chris do that?

So, while I'm writing this there are two more replies I didn't read yet.

• Like 2

So why should Jonah want to talk to him?.

Because that is what grown ups do. They deal with their own problems. They go to the alleged cheater and deal with things themselves, not run and hide and let their friend do their talking for them.

• Like 2

And while we're talking about 'ruining lifes', think about what had happened, had Ren NOT said these awful things. Do you think Jonah would have gone to Italy? Or would he have stayed and talked to Ren, after he'd calmed down a bit, especially when Ren had explained to Chris why he NOT cheated, even though it looked like he did? We don't know that, because well shit, Ren behaved like an a*****, whether he now cheated or not.

• Like 2

If I had a man break my heart the way Ren did with Jonah, I wouldn't want to see him either. :pissed:  Except with a shot gun in my hand.

I hope Jonah stays in Sicily and lives happily ever after with Sandro.

Come on Tim. You know you would talk to Ren, if only to yell at him. You would try to get answers before walking away and moving on.

Jonah can have the hat guy....although new naked guy pics taken by hat guy are just going to make him run from him too (looks bad..naked guy with boyfriend etc). Ok sounding bitter here. Sorry

• Like 1

Well, my eighteen cents (inflation, you know) worth says that Chris had an ulterior motive  in causing heartbreak for Jonah. He purposely brought Jonah back early; purposely took him to the same restaurant where he KNEW Ren and Eric would be, and then GASP, warned Jonah not to turn around, which of course he did. Why did Chris do this? Aditus only knows! As I am an impatient reader who often reads the last chapter first to allay my fears, it is very tempting to take A up on his offer, but I won't. I shall suffer through it with everyone else. But being a bit of a Pollyanna I predict Ren and Jonah get back together; Jonah will never speak to Eric or Chris again, and his photo will be world renowned.

Absolutely love this story!

• Like 3

Come on Tim. You know you would talk to Ren, if only to yell at him. You would try to get answers before walking away and moving on.

yes, but I'm not like Jonah - in fact Jonah and I are almost exact opposites in those parts relating to emotions and logic. So while I cannot feel the way Jonah does or agree that his reaction is sensible (ie running and letting his emotions control him), I can deduce that it certainly is perfectly credible and not at all stupid for Jonah to react this way to the treachery of Ren.

and remember Jonah said quite clearly that if Ren hadn't in fact cheated and just lied to Chris, it made things worse. Why?

because it showed Ren had no understanding of Jonah at all and did not care about Jonah's feelings (no matter how illogical and silly and immature they may be). All he cared about was his own pride and anger and hurt and pissing off Chris rather than having to explain or excuse.

Well fuck him, he doesn't deserve Jonah. He has this ideal of Jonah in his head, the innocent helpless dove who needs to be protected and coddled and controlled. A childish fool who should learn to behave according to what Ren thinks is right and sensible and logical. But at least Jonah, for all his faults, does not buy this stupid idea. And if Ren doesn't love him the way he is and respects the one thing Jonah fears more than anything else (being cheated on and having his heart broken by the man he loved and trusted), well then Ren can go to Hell. :angry:  :pissed:  :fight:

sorry :blushing:  :facepalm: rant over

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2

And while we're talking about 'ruining lifes', think about what had happened, had Ren NOT said these awful things. Do you think Jonah would have gone to Italy? Or would he have stayed and talked to Ren, after he'd calmed down a bit, especially when Ren had explained to Chris why he NOT cheated, even though it looked like he did? We don't know that, because well shit, Ren behaved like an a*****, whether he now cheated or not.

I agree that Ren acted and spoke like an a** and has a lot to be answerable for, but he can't answer to anything with Jonah being gone. Jonah had decided to run to Italy before Chris spoke to Ren, not because of that conversation. What's done is done now regardless. What had been done cannot be undone...by anyone.

• Like 3

I guess I don't understand why it's ok for Jonah to use Sandro when he did not think it was ok for him to use Michael. By his own moral compass, it's that much more wrong, by one broken heart and the experience he gained with Michael.

• Like 1

I guess I don't understand why it's ok for Jonah to use Sandro when he did not think it was ok for him to use Michael. By his own moral compass, it's that much more wrong, by one broken heart and the experience he gained with Michael.

But Irri, Jonah knew he could never be anything but friends with Michael. With Sandro there is at least the possibility, since Jonah is attracted to him. In fact, if Ren leaves him alone, I think Jonah will settle down with Sandro.

And as for taking pictures of naked guys in hats, as Lit worries about, Sandro would find another project or only take photos with Jonah present or at least in the house and fully aware of the photo session. Because Sandro cares about the way Jonah feels - unlike some people I could mention :angry:

oops sorry, got carried away again :*)

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2

But Irri, Jonah knew he could never be anything but friends with Michael. With Sandro there is at least the possibility, since Jonah is attracted to him. In fact, if Ren leaves him alone, I think Jonah will settle down with Sandro.

And as for taking pictures of naked guys in hats, as Lit worries about, Sandro would find another project or only take photos with Jonah present or at least in the house and fully aware of the photo session. Because Sandro cares about the way Jonah feels - unlike some people I could mention :angry:

oops sorry, got carried away again :*)

Touché, but don't forget, Ren also seemed to care about Jonahs feelings too. Naked guys wearing hats are hat guys schtick and his main ad campaign and he is now known to seduce his model and you know how Jonah is about appearances. (little devils advocate here). Just saying he's not adult enough for that kind of trust if Ren holding Eric's hand (and saying something stupid- but not to him) sent him dashing off to Italy. Edited by LitLover
  • Like 3

Look, if we really believe that Jonah, in all sincerity, is leaving his love for Ren behind him and preparing to treat Sandro as something more than a romantic ambulance, then fine, I would have to withdraw the accusation of life-ruining etc. (which is overblown anyway---it's year-ruining). But I don't really believe that for a moment. I don't give it the smallest atom of credence. I don't, in my most surreal dreams, think Jonah's going to stay in Sicily with Sandro. I spit contemptuously on the very idea, and therefore I don't approve of him mistreating this hatmaker. Ok?

I hope Jonah stays in Sicily and lives happily ever after with Sandro.

Yes my optimistic love. You go on hoping that.  :rolleyes:

Edit: And I'M ranting because the Glint borrowed and fell in love with Mr. Irri''s fedora which she wore to school on Friday, and I've spent the morning with her shopping for cheap fedoras that might conceivably fit an 8 year old, all of which she rejected on the grounds that they weren't exactly like Daddy's, which Daddy refuses to let go of. SO SICK OF MEN'S HATS.

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 4

I don't, in my most surreal dreams, think Jonah's going to stay in Sicily with Sandro. I spit contemptuously on the very idea, and therefore I don't approve of him mistreating this hatmaker. Ok?

:rofl:

OK, Mom :)

Edit: or maybe that should be Yes, Ma'am !

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 3

Ok, I've calmed down, had a glass of wine and took a few deep breaths and I take back the "Jonah is selfish and self-centred" comment. It was a little harsh, but Jonah really does need to figure out how to stop running and deal with his problems before he moves on with anyone or this cycle of "run first, ask questions never" is just going to continue. I hope this story has him learning that at least.

• Like 2

Wow...I missed a lot!! Ad,i I don't know if you are playing or serious about Ren being a cheater because you whisked Jonah away before we could find out...so we have to bring a knife to a gun fight. No matter what happens...Jonah ran away from a guy he was supposedly in love with without finding out the facts FOR HIMSELF...and you wonder why people are mad at Jonah?? He is childish and irresponsible and I wouldn't want him for a partner. That's just my opinion. I will put my trust in you to bring this story home. Cheers and Irri's right...we do all love you...Gary

• Like 2

Wow...I missed a lot!! Ad,i I don't know if you are playing or serious about Ren being a cheater because you whisked Jonah away before we could find out...so we have to bring a knife to a gun fight. No matter what happens...Jonah ran away from a guy he was supposedly in love with without finding out the facts FOR HIMSELF...and you wonder why people are mad at Jonah?? He is childish and irresponsible and I wouldn't want him for a partner. That's just my opinion. I will put my trust in you to bring this story home. Cheers and Irri's right...we do all love you...Gary

In fairness I must note that he is no worse than Ren as far as childishness and irresponsibility.

• Like 3

In fairness I must note that he is no worse than Ren as far as childishness and irresponsibility.

The thing is though, we don't KNOW this. We have no first hand knowledge of what is going on. As I said in a way earlier post, I have been demonstrative in public to someone who really needed me...so I would have asked questions. Adi said Ren cheated, so he must of cheated...but that is the only reason we would know that for sure. Jonah, however doesn't KNOW that....There is a point where we all have to grow up and while I understand Jonah's fears, it is time he faced them and get all the facts before he plays with Sandro....just saying because while he frustrates me, I do care about him...although I think I care more about Ren at this point because no matter what Ren may or may not have  said to Chris, he didn't say it to Jonah...and there is the rub.