I went running again and realised my summer vacation reading project will be reading all of MetaWolf from the start. When I read, I often skim the text and only get the gist of it. Occupational hazard, I guess, being used to read insane amounts of text for work. Problem is, I don't want to just get the gist of your amazing story, JAR. It's just not enough!

Not sure though, if I will be able to take break from the story, until I catch up again. Probably not... Curiosity is a bitch.

Now, I'll have to read this week's chapter. Coconut, you say..?

• Like 1

So, I guess this chapter answers the question of Sam Sr's motivation for joining the pack and if it's possible tohave a straight wolf in the inne circle. The latter seems to be a question of purity and choice. I didn't think Colt's wolves chose to want to belong. Maybe that's just Sam Sr talking. His wolf isn't drawn to Colt.

Coconut? Is that our straight wolf? Colt doesn't like coconut, does he? As a scent it's so fake and horrible. Or maybe I'm just too prejudiced due to meeting too many German tourists smelling of oil... That could be very interesting. Colt trying to survive and having to use his Metainfluence superfast on a really surprised wolf.

Also, wouldn't it make a lot more sense if at least some of the atrocities committed against women and girls in this world could be blamed on evil, supernatural beings?

Nope, It's shot to hell, maybe cause I sent JAR a couple of extra edits. I'll let him know, so he can fix it.

I didn't do anything to it .... I promise ... I didn't know she was your daughter, and I thought she was above 18 ...

Anyway, I reposted it. Let me know if it works now.

JAR

Edited by JohnAR

"too many German tourists smelling of oil..."

Maybe they are vampires!

... I guess I need to write about the Swedish skiing tourists in the Alps, who are always drunk ;-)

JAR

Edited by JohnAR
  • Like 1

I didn't do anything to it .... I promise ... I didn't she was your daughter, and I thought she was above 18 ...

Anyway, I reposted it. Let me know if it works now.

JAR

Much better!

And at least we don't smell! No worse than anybody else in the slopes...

Yes he does: chocolate bars with coconot and ice cream with coconut.

Somebody was a diligent reader ... chapter 15 will be sooooo much fun.

Seems Colt has never met German tourists in Sweden. But puppilull's question is a good one: why would a wolf have such an odd scent? And that we will learn in chapter 16.

JAR

• Like 1

A wolf in fighting mode at that! What will he smell like in a lovey-dovey mode? Lily of the valley?

(My second least favourite smell...)

Oh you will soooooo love chapter 16 and hate me for chapter 17 ... but that's good ;-)

JAR

Well, I just read Bait, so my nerves are already shot! Are the vampires trying to get Colt to turn and thereby eliminating the pack from the inside? Very evil...

Or is it even more sinister? ( insert sadistic glee here)

JAR

Somebody reread/remembered MetaOrigins chapter 1 and MetaPrompts Silesia ;-)

JAR

No, book 2 chapter 3 and 15:

“Coconut chocolate bar ice cream?” Colt didn’t try to get his hopes up too high. For some reason he wanted coconut right now; and he knew he should remember why, but he didn’t.

Without any further words, the five Chestnut pack wolf shifters were gone.

Colt needed some chocolate bars now – ideally with coconut.

Hmm, that probably means Al the Chestnut pack enforcer is the coconut smell wolf. :)

• Like 2