No, book 2 chapter 3 and 15:

“Coconut chocolate bar ice cream?” Colt didn’t try to get his hopes up too high. For some reason he wanted coconut right now; and he knew he should remember why, but he didn’t.

Without any further words, the five Chestnut pack wolf shifters were gone.

Colt needed some chocolate bars now – ideally with coconut.

Hmm, that probably means Al the Chestnut pack enforcer is the coconut smell wolf. :)

You are so sneaky! That totally makes sense! This is why I need a new read-through. One where I take notes and write flow-charts...

• Like 1

No, book 2 chapter 3 and 15:

“Coconut chocolate bar ice cream?” Colt didn’t try to get his hopes up too high. For some reason he wanted coconut right now; and he knew he should remember why, but he didn’t.

Without any further words, the five Chestnut pack wolf shifters were gone.

Colt needed some chocolate bars now – ideally with coconut.

Hmm, that probably means Al the Chestnut pack enforcer is the coconut smell wolf. :)

Wow, is that the time where a narcissist would say: "man, I'm good!'?

LOL

JAR

You are so sneaky! That totally makes sense! This is why I need a new read-through. One where I take notes and write flow-charts...

Guess why I use Excel.

JAR

• Like 1

Wow, is that the time where a narcissist would say: "man, I'm good!'?

Ehm no, this is where your editor admits to searching for the word coconut in his Meta file. :*)

And I may still be totally wrong about Al, since he was nowhere near Colt when he wanted coconut ice cream after visiting the Shaman in ch 3.

• Like 2

Ehm no, this is where your editor admits to searching for the word coconut in his Meta file. :*)

And I may still be totally wrong about Al, since he was nowhere near Colt when he wanted coconut ice cream after visiting the Shaman in ch 3.

Nor was he in Silesia. One conundrum after another ...

Greetings from CA, btw.

JAR

Oh, I just got it: 'MetaFile' Do you also have a Meta'Meta'File? ;-)

JAR

Nor was he in Silesia. One conundrum after another ...

Greetings from CA, btw.

JAR

But couldn't he just like coconut? I'm pretty sure he liked strawberries and plums even before he met any of the wolves in the pack. Or he has been conditioned to like them?

But couldn't he just like coconut? I'm pretty sure he liked strawberries and plums even before he met any of the wolves in the pack. Or he has been conditioned to like them?

Such a clever question... I'll leave it up to JAR to answer. :)

• Like 1

Well, I thought I hinted at this in Silesia ... but maybe I was too subtle ;-)

JAR

• Like 1

Well, I always thought that wolves have been following him all his life, just not his wolves. They don't have that undead thing going on, do they? So it's not likely thwm howling in the background. To me, the scents are associated with pleasant times of his childhood and he therefore associates certain scents to certain wolves.

Or it was predestined. Or he's actually synesthesic.

Well, I always thought that wolves have been following him all his life, just not his wolves. They don't have that undead thing going on, do they? So it's not likely thwm howling in the background. To me, the scents are associated with pleasant times of his childhood and he therefore associates certain scents to certain wolves.

Or it was predestined. Or he's actually synesthesic.

I think the full answer will only be revealed in book 5. But I consider it more Pavlov ... ie. your first theory.

JAR

By the way, hope you're having a gay ol' time in Cali, John! I'm slowly freezing to death...

I might remember having pointed out winters are not nice in Sweden (at least the length thereof) in Kungsgatan ... <evil smile> ... and somebody contradicting me. We have 34 C ... so I send you some warmth ... obviously it'll cost.

JAR

I know, I know... What a pathetic and useless display of patriotism that turned out to be.

34? I want to kill you just a little right now. Since I want to read the end of book 7, I'd settle for just hurting you.

Pavlov? Dogs? What would the wolves say about that?

Maybe in my brain "normal" and "gay" doesn't fit into the same sentence ...

JAR

Are you implying I'm not "normal"?

Do I have to track you down and kick your ass?

I'll still wish you well, John..but you, nor anyone else will ever tell me that I am not normal because I am gay...

So after reading your reply to my review.https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/blog/258/entry-15337-featured-story-meta/

maybe now we have some sort of answer to why you don't like the word normal. ;)

I've been thinking about that. JAR really pissed a few people off with that.

For me who has always been normal, mainstream, ordinary, boring (take your pick), normal has never been something desirable. Anything other than me and my world is more interesting. At the same time, I can imagine the desire to not be viewed and judged based on just one part of your person, to just be seen as any other person. Simply normal. There is a lot hiding in that word.

• Like 3

So after reading your reply to my review.https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/blog/258/entry-15337-featured-story-meta/

maybe now we have some sort of answer to why you don't like the word normal. ;)

I am on this forum because of a notification I was quoted. I read the response to the review. My take on it is different. I don't think it's rocket science. You are not the first writer to take a different approach, and you won't be the last. Your stereotyping of other authors work as 'boring'... all the same... same old formula... everyone acts the same...they all fit a stereotype... and your disdain for 'soulmates' in fiction... may be quite offensive to some. I don't agree with your response. Sasha and his shifter stories are WAY different from Rob's, as are Metajinx stories... you didn't invent the wheel... I would say just write your story your way without justifying it by denigrating others' work... your comments about women writing M/M stories and romance also cross a line in my opinion... some of the best writers on this site are women... and you can have any opinions you want, but I see no point in not keeping them to yourself. This a writing COMMUNITY, which is a primarily Gay site... My comment, which you never responded to, comes from years of dealing with homophobic jerks that looked at us as 'abnormal'... I can't tell you how many times I heard that being gay wasn't normal, in those exact words... to read them on a gay site does not sit well with me, so regardless or any rights you have to speak your mind, that comment was insensitive and offensive to me. Many of my friends have fought hard for the rights we have... many have died because of apathy towards us. I am not on any soapbox... and you would not have heard from me if I wasn't quoted in your forum, but I will end by saying that I am smart enough to know when something I say may hurt someone... I would never do it intentionally and I would never be blase about it if I did offend someone... I would apologize and learn from it. We all should be working together in GENUINE support, and while I don't expect others to commiserate with what I may have gone through in my life, I would expect people to give their best attempt not to offend or disrespect.

• Like 1

Hmm, that's a hard nut to crack.

One guy says he wants to be considered normal, and he feels hurt when you don't. - I can see his point - I know autists who use 'neuro-typical' as a term for people wih ordinary brains, because they consider themselves normal too.

Another guy says he would only use the word normal as an insult, since he finds 'normal' boring and pathetic. - It makes a weird sort of sense too - since if you call someone 'ordinary' it's usually less than flattering.

I suppose we'll have to accept and respect there are different point of views in life, and we can't all agree. :unsure:

In fact, I guess it's more normal for humans to argue and disagree. At least now we have the Internet to do it more efficiently... :)

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2

I'm hetting to a point where I want to do some unspeakable things to JAR, like finding a nice rectangular table that's strong enough for me to shackle his legs to the tables legs, shackle him face down and naked on the table with a laptop just in front of his nose...with the instruction that if I don't get a new chapter everyday unspeakable things will be happening to vulnerable parts of JAR's posterior.

I'm quite annoyed by JAR at times, but then again I get annoyed by a lot of writers on this site! Having said that I can't imagine not wanting to read every word he writes... Even if I do want to edit it heavily!

As for the characters in this story, I quite strongly identify with Colt, but the one who has stolen my heart mostly is Brian. There's something both very innocent and very kinky about him, and I like that combination!

Overall this is one of my top 5 stories of all time...

• Like 1

Hmm... What if JAR likes that? Where would you be? A bit like Stan.

I felt for Alpha Luke in this chapter. His entire life, his family used for some other purpose. Not even being able to trust his closest men. And even facing his biggest fight, his CE can't see beyond prejudice to help him.

What was Brian's big reveal? His suspicions about Jackson? And Colt! Is he knee deep in Piña colada by now?

Hmmm... I'm almost to the point where I would help Chris with his plans, but I would get a few big hairy men to help...

Now for my theory, coconut is the wolf cop Warren, Latino wolf is there to abduct Colt, and red-headed wolf is of course Seb sent to find Warren. Should be an interesting three-way.

Wouldn't it make more sense (even if I doubt anything will make sense prior to book 7) if the Latino was coconut? It would be funny if the abductor suddenly felt an overwhelming desire to submit to his victim?

yes it would however, I know nothing about the Latino wolf. Warren stated that he is unhappy about his position in the pack and thinks that the reason he is the 4th enforcer is that Stan feels something is different about him, he also seems very loyal... plus it would be interesting to see a wolf watch a wolf watch a wolf watch a human.

I'm still trying to figure out why Colt's shoulder is itching... if you look closely it is mentioned at least 3 times with at least 2 being specific enough to say its the left... my only theory is that Colt is the white wolf but I'm open to others after all most writers do not put unimportant details into their story.

Warren seems like an enforcer at heart, and outer circle wolves cannot be enforcers, but maybe I'm wrong I'll have to wait and see... or see if JAR will let me read all chapters he's created... you know to see if they're good :whistle:

• Like 1

I'm hetting to a point where I want to do some unspeakable things to JAR, like finding a nice rectangular table that's strong enough for me to shackle his legs to the tables legs, shackle him face down and naked on the table with a laptop just in front of his nose...with the instruction that if I don't get a new chapter everyday unspeakable things will be happening to vulnerable parts of JAR's posterior.

I'm quite annoyed by JAR at times, but then again I get annoyed by a lot of writers on this site! Having said that I can't imagine not wanting to read every word he writes... Even if I do want to edit it heavily!

As for the characters in this story, I quite strongly identify with Colt, but the one who has stolen my heart mostly is Brian. There's something both very innocent and very kinky about him, and I like that combination!

Overall this is one of my top 5 stories of all time...

Cris,

Gimme an email and I'll send you the next chapter 24h before posting so you can suggest editing improvements; I'm sooooooo not into getting spanked ... with or without the help of hairy oafs as helpers.

JAR ;-)

Wouldn't it make more sense (even if I doubt anything will make sense prior to book 7) if the Latino was coconut? It would be funny if the abductor suddenly felt an overwhelming desire to submit to his victim?

Puppilull,

As usual you're onto something ... chapter 15 ;-)

JAR

yes it would however, I know nothing about the Latino wolf. Warren stated that he is unhappy about his position in the pack and thinks that the reason he is the 4th enforcer is that Stan feels something is different about him, he also seems very loyal... plus it would be interesting to see a wolf watch a wolf watch a wolf watch a human.

I'm still trying to figure out why Colt's shoulder is itching... if you look closely it is mentioned at least 3 times with at least 2 being specific enough to say its the left... my only theory is that Colt is the white wolf but I'm open to others after all most writers do not put unimportant details into their story.

longwoda,

You're the third reader to spot (and express) it ;-). It has nothing to do what Colt is or is not ... but the solution will come in chapter 2/3 of book 4 MetaBattles.

JAR

Warren seems like an enforcer at heart, and outer circle wolves cannot be enforcers, but maybe I'm wrong I'll have to wait and see... or see if JAR will let me read all chapters he's created... you know to see if they're good :whistle:

And what happens if they aren't any good? You'll veto and make me rewrite at the threat of physical punishment (see Chris)? Doesn't sound like a win win proposition for me? -- Against other payment though .... 

Have a lovely Easter

JAR

For the Al/Hunter/Warren/N.N./N.N. discussions: find the next prompt online: https://www.gayauthors.org/story/johnar/metaprompts/11

JAR

Edited by JohnAR
  • Like 1