Well, you've taken us on Neil's amazing inner journey and let us see him grow into the man he is now. Of course we will get attached. Some are very hard on Kevin, but I think if I were to suddenly meet the woman of my dreams tomorrow, I too would be really hesitant to change my entire life and self image just like that. Neil might be heartbroken, but at least he knows who he is. Kevin is facing something completely different and new.

I see your point but the others have the point that if your not sure of what you want then you don't lead someone on.

Edited by Cazpedroso
  • Like 1

I see your point but the others have the point that if your not sure of what you want then you don't lead someone on.

:yes: Exactly! I am fine with him not wanting to come out and have a relationship with Neil. It's scary, I get that, but don't lead the guy on when you know he has feelings for you.

• Like 1

That would mean quite a bit of self control. Have you honestly never done anything stupid when you are so attracted to someone you almost lose your ability to think? It's happened to me a few times and it's a wonderful but slightly scary feeling. I led people on, knowing deep down I would not leave my partner, but I was too intoxicated by that feeling to be sensible. I'm not saying Kevin is some sort of role model, but he is human.

So, sexy Cam is back. The plot thickens.. I can see Neil being "mostly" happy with the guy, them getting cozy and then... Kevin Bloody Ross!! We are up to interesting times!  :read:

• Like 3

Aw, I like Cam. :( I don't want him just to be cannon fodder! But he's very young, isn't he? Maybe it needn't be a huge tragedy for him...

I like Cam too.  I would hate to see him get his heart broken.  I think he and Neill could actually be good together, but I loathe love triangles so I am torn because I doubt KbR is out of the picture.

• Like 5

But is it such a good idea for Neil to get involved with yet another semi-straight guy? Is he not setting himself up for more of the same? Will KbR be joined by EffingCam? But I'm glad the chapter ended on somewhat of a high note. Neil needs to be a bit happy and since anonymous sex doesn't really do it for him any more, Cam might cheer him up.

• Like 4

But is it such a good idea for Neil to get involved with yet another semi-straight guy? Is he not setting himself up for more of the same? Will KbR be joined by EffingCam? But I'm glad the chapter ended on somewhat of a high note. Neil needs to be a bit happy and since anonymous sex doesn't really do it for him any more, Cam might cheer him up.

A big difference is that Cam doesn't seem to mind showing affection to Neil in public. That's a huge step above KbR

• Like 2

Oh no! So Cam will be the rebound guy? You hardly ever end up with your first serious relationship.

Oh trust me it can work. I've been married to mine now for eleven years. :kiss:  but it does take work and commitment, just like any relationship.

Hey All,

A number of readers have asked about the dangers of climbing Mont Blanc. Please find attached a number of links that might be of interest about deaths on Mont Blanc and you will see what I mean. Some of the most experienced climbers and guides can be unlucky even with the most meticulous preparation. It cannot be said often enough that the great mountains are extremely dangerous places and the only way to avoid any risk is to keep well clear of them.

Then of course there are the complete idiots, like these:

Cheers,
Edward

That would mean quite a bit of self control. Have you honestly never done anything stupid when you are so attracted to someone you almost lose your ability to think? It's happened to me a few times and it's a wonderful but slightly scary feeling. I led people on, knowing deep down I would not leave my partner, but I was too intoxicated by that feeling to be sensible. I'm not saying Kevin is some sort of role model, but he is human.

I agree Puppi. When you are really attracted to someone you do have a tendency to stop thinking rationally. As I have said (speaking as a previously deeply closeted married man) when you are closeted you do not really think of the impact of your actions on other people; you are far too concerned to ensure that your secret remains a secret. Kevin's hot and cold approach drives Neil nuts but it's a symptom of his internal conflict between desire and fear.

Edward

Edited by Former Member

Kevin's hot and cold approach drives Neil nuts but it's a symptom of his internal conflict between desire and fear.

But Ross needs to think about what he fears most:

1. Being caught in another miserable marriage with a woman his daughter doesn't like (and she may not have said anything, but I bet Kevin knows, but is ignoring it) and definitely losing the man he loves to distraction.
  2. Or running the risk of coming out to be with Neil, and things possibly going wrong at some later point.

But at least with option 2 Ross is being a man who fight for what he wants instead of hiding away,

• Like 4

I'm still worried about Neil - in fact the funny thing is I'm worried about two guys called Neil on GA. Your Neil and a character in Graeme's story Leopard Spots. Funny coincidence, isn't it, particularly since those two Neils are about as far apart physically and mentally as they could be. But they both have broken hearts. :,(

The whole Cam situation has me dithering. I went back and read ch 4 again, and Neil certainly liked Cam a lot,  :P  and Cam seemed to return the feeling. Plus Cam was the first man in Neil's bed and home. Maybe it would work out, and as long as Neil is honest about his broken heart and being on the rebound, it might be OK to date Cam.

Aren't we due for another chapter soon ? Tomorrow, perhaps ?

• Like 1

Haha!

The next chapter is long overdue! I'm sure it should have been up yesterday... Or was it the day before?

I think I need my TB fix, it's been a week and I've been a good boy.  :*)

I'm with these three. We neeeeed to know what's happening.... Pleeease. 0:)

• Like 1

I'm with these three. We neeeeed to know what's happening.... Pleeease. 0:)

Hmmm.... I knew this was going to be a problem.

Sadly, I am currently doing work - actual work - and have not had time to complete Ch 28 as yet. I apologise to everybody but I don't think it will be finished before this coming weekend. It's also a lot longer than most of the recent chapters which have been around 5000 words.

I promise it is coming so you'll have to find some other way to get your TB fix for a few more days....

Edward

It might also be good for Neil to learn how to be in a normal relationship... He was kind of at a total loss with the date thing, wasn't he? :lol:

Hey irritable,

I agree wholeheartedly. Neil is experienced in gay sex but not in relationships. He really hasn't got much of a clue although Michael and Kael's relationship is a good example for him. He knows what he wants, he just doesn't really know how to get there. His comments when he was with Illés show that Neil doesn't understand the whole dating thing. He's still trying to divorce the sex from any emotional ties but the emotional side is what he knows he wants. Neil is still torn between his desires and his behaviours and is definitely a virgin as far as relationships go.

Edward

Edited by Former Member

I was about to go to bed and then the new chapter popped up. I was all :D  and plunged in to read.

Now I'm all FUCK ! I'm going to bed and maybe I'll feel better tomorrow and be able to review. :,(  :pissed:

I feel the same. I liked Cam a lot, it was cool seeing Neil happy, I really hope his back gets fixed, and about the rest, I just don't know what to think.. Mr. EBWilson, that was quite the curve ball you just threw at us LOL

• Like 2

I'm still worried about Neil - in fact the funny thing is I'm worried about two guys called Neil on GA. Your Neil and a character in Graeme's story Leopard Spots. Funny coincidence, isn't it, particularly since those two Neils are about as far apart physically and mentally as they could be. But they both have broken hearts. :,(

The whole Cam situation has me dithering. I went back and read ch 4 again, and Neil certainly liked Cam a lot,  :P  and Cam seemed to return the feeling. Plus Cam was the first man in Neil's bed and home. Maybe it would work out, and as long as Neil is honest about his broken heart and being on the rebound, it might be OK to date Cam.

There's an even closer connection than you'd think Tim. When I was a teenager I lived for a while in Croydon in Victoria, Australia and I used to ride my bike across to Lilydale sometimes to see friends. The whole area is built up now but at the time it was all open farmland (that just shows how old I am!) The Leopards' football ground described in Leopard Spots is close to the Lilydale railway station and I used to kick a football around on it with mates and I have seen a football match at the ground. I mentioned this to Graeme some time ago. :) Funny coincidence.

Edward

There's an even closer connection than you'd think Tim. When I was a teenager I lived for a while in Croydon in Victoria, Australia and I used to ride my bike across to Lilydale sometimes to see friends. The whole area is built up now but at the time it was all open farmland (that just shows how old I am!) The Leopards' football ground described in Leopard Spots is close to the Lilydale railway station and I used to kick a football around on it with mates and I have seen a football match at the ground. I mentioned this to Graeme some time ago. :) Funny coincidence.

Edward

:blink:  WOW - it's a small world...

• Like 1