Adding another chapter tomorrow.  This one will change everything. Please be broad-minded!

OK now I'm mystified. :huh:  What was that warning about?

Were we supposed to be shocked at Anton jumping into bed with Stephen?

seemed fine to me :P

and I was very relieved

Anton didn't go to see Christian. I'm pissed with the ex for pretending to Mad Max that Anton has been stalking him.

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

OK now I'm mystified. :huh:  What was that warning about?

seemed fine to me :P

and I was very relieved

I agree. I had other things in mind. Obviously we seem to be too broadminded. :rolleyes:

I do have concerns about that phone call and now Max has another number to assail. Christian has apparently told Max that Anton is still pursuing him for God only knows what reasons. Gone and still causing problems.

• Like 1

Apologies about warnings for chapter nine. Sounds as though it was completely unnecessary. Touch of false advertising on my part but I wasn't sure about the norm for this site. In future I will keep quiet and let the story tell itself. Or throw in the odd threesome! Or foursome. 

Thanks for continuing to read.

Lomax61 aka Brian

Edited by lomax61
  • Like 3
  • Site Moderator

Apologies about warnings for chapter nine. Sounds as though it was completely unnecessary. Touch of false advertising on my part but I wasn't sure about the norm for this site. In future I will keep quiet and let the story tell itself. Or throw in the odd threesome! Or foursome. 

Lomax61 aka Brisn

You had us expecting something really twisted and kinky. You did surprise me with Stephen's willingness to begin again with someone this soon. But that's like life, full of surprises.

• Like 1

You had us expecting something really twisted and kinky. You did surprise me with Stephen's willingness to begin again with someone this soon. But that's like life, full of surprises.

And again, there's that old saying that once someone has loved and been loved, they're more likely to love again.

Hold that thought.

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

And again, there's that old saying that once someone has loved and been loved, they're more likely to love again.

Hold that thought.

Dueling axioms.  :P    Once burned, twice shy.

Lomax61 aka Brian

You'll be surprised by the depth of depravity we can sink to and in turn come to expect... So hit us with your best (or worst?) shot!

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

You'll be surprised by the depth of depravity we can sink to and in turn come to expect... So hit us with your best (or worst?) shot!

I prefer my deep depravity in tasteful doses. In other words, give them time to breathe between sessions. Suffocation in the depths of the deepest depravity can be sinfully tortuous.  :)

I'm actually a bit worried about Christian. He might have been a bastard to Anton, but no one deserves to be abused. Not letting him answer his own phone is so creepy. I don't think Christian has necessarily said that Anton is stalking him, unless maybe as a defence when Max started to jump to all kinds of conclusions in his jealousy.

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

I'm actually a bit worried about Christian. He might have been a bastard to Anton, but no one deserves to be abused. Not letting him answer his own phone is so creepy. I don't think Christian has necessarily said that Anton is stalking him, unless maybe as a defence when Max started to jump to all kinds of conclusions in his jealousy.

I can think of quite a few people who deserve to be abused and brutally so, beginning with those who abuse the young and the helpless. Christian is a grown man and a total dick, so forgive me if I'm not terribly sympathetic. Just call it karma. In my view, this experience could likely serve to make him a better person. Almost anything would be an improvement.

I believe violence has never taught anyone anything ever. It only creates more violence. The need for revenge is understandable at a personal level, but society must never resort to violence as a means of punishment.

• Site Moderator

I believe violence has never taught anyone anything ever. It only creates more violence. The need for revenge is understandable at a personal level, but society must never resort to violence as a means of punishment.

Actually it has over and over. I sincerely applaud you for your sensitivity and kindness, even though they aren't realistic. Neville Chamberlain is enthusiastically waving his umbrella wherever he may have landed. Sadly, the entire wealth of human history has taught us that the meek do not inherit the literal earth, they are merely buried in it.

We are off topic. Feel free to continue via pm.  :)

• Like 1

Lol i was so ready to be disappointed cuz i expected anton to leave stephen and i am so glad he didn't. Tho, i do feel kinda bad for Christian. Lol i am so happy to see that side of stephen where he just let his feelings overwhelm him and have his walls crumbled by Anton :) and to finally have the courage to talk about Sebastian. Didn't expect the love scene so soon tho but then again only 5 (or more) chaps to go :) that apparition leaves us with more questions, i dont why but i have a feeling it's someone's dad lol (Antons' maybe) but the cottage was built by Stephens's family, right. Cuz my wild guess would be lol that Anton's parents once own it before Stephen's family did. But then again, the house was built by Stephen's family, so my theory does not apply lol. And finally i'm worried about Christian's situation. Either he told Max that Anton had been stalking him or Max is just using that as an excuse to get Anton. He definitely seems like a psychopath. But then again, it might be Christian whose poisoning him all this time. However, i don't know about the other readers, but i've never interpreted Christian to be a nasty person. He just wasn't in on the game with Anton anymore. So again, my theory might not work.

Edited by Peter Piper
  • Site Moderator

Lol i was so ready to be disappointed cuz i expected anton to leave stephen and i am so glad he didn't. Tho, i do feel kinda bad for Christian. Lol i am so happy to see that side of stephen where he just let his feelings overwhelm him and have his walls crumbled by Anton :) and to finally have the courage to talk about Sebastian. Didn't expect the love scene so soon tho but then again only 5 (or more) chaps to go :) that apparition leaves us with more questions, i dont why but i have a feeling it's someone's dad lol (Antons' maybe) but the cottage was built by Stephens's family, right. Cuz my wild guess would be lol that Anton's parents once own it before Stephen's family did. But then again, the house was built by Stephen's family, so my theory does not apply lol. And finally i'm worried about Christian's situation. Either he told Max that Anton had been stalking him or Max is just using that as an excuse to get Anton. He definitely seems like a psychopath. But then again, it might be Christian whose poisoning him all this time. However, i don't know about the other readers, but i've never interpreted Christian to be a nasty person. He just wasn't in on the game with Anton anymore. So again, my theory might not work.

Actually the cottage was neither built nor lived in previously by any of them. It was a coach house circa 1735. Stephen's father acquired it in the '70's as a rental property. Stephen and Sebastian renovated it to live in after Stephen's father gave it to him.

My impression of Christian is decidedly different. He wasn't very affectionate and taunted Anton about his phobias of flying and heights. Gemma described him as 'a conceited and cheating bully.'

• Like 1

Actually the cottage was neither built nor lived in previously by any of them. It was a coach house circa 1735. Stephen's father acquired it in the '70's as a rental property. Stephen and Sebastian renovated it to live in after Stephen's father gave it to him.

My impression of Christian is decidedly different. He wasn't very affectionate and taunted Anton about his phobias of flying and heights. Gemma described him as 'a conceited and cheating bully.'

Well then maybe my wild guess might be applicable lol. That might be Gemma's point of view, and misjudgings, just as Anton has misjudged Ewan. But then again, the possibilities are endless.

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Well then maybe my wild guess might be applicable lol. That might be Gemma's point of view, and misjudgings, just as Anton has misjudged Ewan. But then again, the possibilities are endless.

I'd say Gemma was spot on seeing that he left Anton because he found someone else. He didn't leave then find someone. She actually seems better at judging people than Anton. She did tell Anton he was wrong about Ewan.

I'd say Gemma was spot on seeing that he left Anton because he found someone else. He didn't leave then find someone. She actually seems better at judging people than Anton. She did tell Anton he was wrong about Ewan.

Well i guess i didnt remember much lol or i hv poor interpretation of the story lol

I finally got some time to do some reading... actually that's not true... I TOOK  the time, and I caught up with this wonderful story. I think you're doing a great job with this, Brian. I really feel a connection to the main characters. I loved how Stephen opened up in the latest chapter, especially about Sebastion, and how he wanted Anton from the first second he saw him. Surprising and therefore wonderful from a man who seemed so closed off. Great reveal of a character. Anton was presented as very mature in not minding that he reminded Stephen of Sebastion. Christian appears to be using Anton once again by lying to Mad Max... an indication that he's cheating on Max, maybe?

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

I finally got some time to do some reading... actually that's not true... I TOOK  the time, and I caught up with this wonderful story. I think you're doing a great job with this, Brian. I really feel a connection to the main characters. I loved how Stephen opened up in the latest chapter, especially about Sebastion, and how he wanted Anton from the first second he saw him. Surprising and therefore wonderful from a man who seemed so closed off. Great reveal of a character. Anton was presented as very mature in not minding that he reminded Stephen of Sebastion. Christian appears to be using Anton once again by lying to Mad Max... an indication that he's cheating on Max, maybe?

You certainly can never trust a cheater and that is Christian. Just knowing that is enough to make Max constantly suspicious and jealous. Christian has certainly told Max quite a bit about Anton. We just aren't quite sure why at this point. Max clearly views Anton as a threat.

• Like 1

I really want the Coach House not to be sold. :no:

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator

I really want the Coach House not to be sold. :no:

I agree. When Anton drove up and saw the for sale sign... it made me sad...

I think it would be a bad move since it is where Anton and Stephen both first met and made love. It will always have a special meaning. There are sad memories there for Stephen, but plenty of time to build new ones.

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

Well, we have a new chapter out, "Weekend," and it's a great one as Anton and Stephen continue to explore this new relationship. Hearing Stephen's explanation for his facial scar and then asking Anton what he thought about it, which Anton said was sexy, made me laugh. His very first impression was that he looked like an actor playing a Nazi villain in a WWII movie.  Haha. I thought that was a wonderful description back when I read it. Anton is still unsure and insecure after his breakup with Christian. Anton seems to be the one carrying the most baggage with insecurity , phobias, and no job. And Stephen is just now emerging from his self imposed emotional exile. I really can't wait to see the reaction to their upcoming London outing. No supernatural specters this time. No help from beyond the vail was needed.

Guys and gals, I've been too obsessive about reading on the site lately. I haven't looked in the mirror, but I fear my beard likely looks like Ernest Hemingway after too many weeks in the African veldt. I'm running out of food here at the house and I have checks that need to be deposited in the bank. Now that is obsession.  :)  I'm really not kidding.

Edited by drpaladin
  • Like 2

Dear drpaladin,

I am honoured that you have chosen to view and review this story so far. I will not be offended if you take time away, We all have lives to live, at least I hope we do. If not, go out and find some people. 

You are so right about Stephen though, and let's be honest, appearances are not always what they seem. We all self protect during difficult times. I'm just wondering how I make someone like Max more likeable, or if I even need to. Even though he's based on somebody real, I would have lots of trouble to find any redemption qualities in his character. Christian is another matter. Enough said.

Brian

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

Haha. I've led a far too interesting life so far. It's nice to just vegetate for a bit. I'll have to get out today. Hopefully avoiding any allusions to Hemingway.  lol

I wouldn't worry about Max too much. So far he makes for a great villain. There are quite a few, more than a few actually, people out there in the real world that have no redeeming qualities. Please leave us one or two characters that we can truly despise.  :)

• Like 3