What? Actual ones? I like Camp. Or the chapter where Isaac joins the pack. Mmm... Otherwise, anything with Isaac. If any other wolf joins the fun, I'm even happier!

Oh, seeing JAR's comment, I'll say Leo, Isaac and Colt. Or Brian in a dirty mood, Isaac and Colt.

Sensing a theme here...?

Then you would really get a kick out something like Colt, Isaac, CE and Prime. All the Marines with Colt.

My comfort about Colt's vision is that John is never that forthcoming.  He's never just divulged a vision or prophecy before something has happened.  There's a twist there.  Something that makes Brian sacrificing himself for the pack not mean what it seems.  

• Like 2

Any pair/grouping you think you'd like. It doesn't matter if its canon or not so it could be something like Colt/Leo/Brian.

Yes yes I know Tim's is Brian/Colt no matter what.

Of course. :*)  Brian and Isaac would be another favorite pairing. But I'd also love to see Colt, Brian and Warren. I think Warren blushing over Brian's naughty mouth would be hot.

Edited by Timothy M.

Of course. :*)  Brian and Isaac would be another favorite pairing. But I'd also love to see Colt, Brian and Warren. I think Warren blushing over Brian's naugthy mouth would be hot.

Warren or Al with someone like Brian who's either very vocal or very physical would be a sight to see I'm sure. I wonder if there was any preplanning involved in getting everyone to take part in the prebattle booster shot.

Edited by PkCrichton
  • Like 1

So Prophecies Chapter 2..... SPOILERS BEWARE

Sam has no empathy. This is so easily seen as he is facing off with his former tormentors. I loved seeing him assessing and almost toying with them. All his training with CE, the other enforces and Brian over the years has really paid off. At least until he got distracted by Colt's scent again and then got more serious.  The way he so easily dealt with Ned scaring off Jeff before he really serious after having a gun pulled on him. We knew the enforcers had trained for a lot of different types of combat as both human and wolf, solo, groups, urban, forest and open plain. We knew they had training with different weapons but everyone forgets that a chain is one of the most basic weapons there is. We are so used to thinking of daggers and guns that the thought of using their chains was completely lost on people. Add to that that people forget that their chains are 'real' chains and not necklace chains for jewelry. Another question becomes though just how did Jeff, Ned and Gregg know that Sam was around? I highly doubt they had a watch on the pack house. Is this the work of one of MaryAnn's spies? She claimed to have multiple placed into the pack while Colt was in the coma.

Isaac is dealing with PTSD. It's sad to see anyone dealing this . Focusing on work can both help or hinder one in confronting this as it can be both a distraction, a therapidac tool or a destructive influence depending upon the environment and stressors. The position as an Ambulance Driver/EMT could fall into any or even all of those categories. We also see how easily he can snap when he feels he's been not just slighted but insulted and had his actions considered negligent. It is good to see that at least one person he works with has an eye out for helping him, namely Gus. The head Dr. Gustavo though feels at first that he is going to be one of those PITA bosses who doesn't really want to help their employees and just wants to deal with complaints and get rid of people that are 'issues' he does seem to have a degree of care for those under him as he comes up with the leave option instead of straight up firing. That does feel like it has a hint of self preservation in it though. How does he know 'Mr. Loope'? Isaac also seems to have picked up some of Colt's opinions, just look how he looked at the secretary and sees her as an m/m shifter fic reader who wants a classic/traditional werewolf lover. If she really is and ever learned about the WWP's IC her mind would probably explode. I wonder if any of these coworkers know Isaac is gay, have hung out after work or visited the space ship at all.  If not then any visits to help out a coworker on forced leaved would be interesting to say the least.

Again we have the issue of Colt's scent. Just what was it linked to? Was it coming out of some vent, fissure, person or object? Could a vent or fissure lead to wherever Colt is being held in Prompt Bait? Could one of those Chestnut Wolves have Colt's scent on them from being his guard or handling his things? Could it have been on the silver bullet firing gun? Why would a silver gun have Colt's scent? There are only two silver bullet guns that we know of Latti/Galina/Balt and then Colt's own Colt. If its Colt's gun how on earth would they get their hands on that as it should be in the space ship and probably in a glass case. So just what is so important about this specific silver gun that has Sam needing to inform Prime immediately?

• Like 1

I was just so very glad Sam didn't actually kill Ned. That would have lead him further down that path. But who was it that spoke to him? An actual voice? Something in his head?

Isaac is so withdrawn inside his head he can't see his true behavior. Not a team member at all. And I agree. How did Dr Gustavo know of Prime? Is he registered as next of kin?

The voice that broke through to Sam I think was Ned who had had the wind knocked out of him on top of any broken ribs from Sam's kick. Gregg is who he was about to kill.

Isaac we haven't seen in any capacity other than driving. So we can't really comment on how much of a team player he has or hasn't been. We know that he is one of two of the IC wolves that pack member go to for their issues on top of his Ambulance/EMT duties. So he is a pretty decent team player even in his grieved and experiencing PTSD state. The only thing used against him was his highly aggressive driving. Nothing else stuck out or was amiss until Isaac broke at the moment he was being 'fired'. That act there though is a large worry as it makes anyone trying to help warry of where that breaking point is.

If only one of his coworkers want to ride with him, I'd say that is a problem. If it's only due to his driving is hard to tell, but the doc wanted him to smoothen his edges. So he doesn't seem to be interacting with them at work in a good way.

That voice was described in a way that I didn't feel it was one of the three amigos. Wouldn't someone who sees his friend be about to get killed be begging or desperate?

If only one of his coworkers want to ride with him, I'd say that is a problem. If it's only due to his driving is hard to tell, but the doc wanted him to smoothen his edges. So he doesn't seem to be interacting with them at work in a good way.

That voice was described in a way that I didn't feel it was one of the three amigos. Wouldn't someone who sees his friend be about to get killed be begging or desperate?

or he just doesn't interact closely and just does his job ... perfectly ... now where have we heard about that before? ;-)

I saw the rough edges as being the aggressive driving. Maybe aggression in speaking. But nothing else popped to my mind that fit it based on the little we've witnessed of it. If there were a lot of rough edges in his speaking then he wouldn't be one of two that the pack go to with their issues. That leads me even more to it being predominantly the driving as it was also the only issue used against him in this meeting.

If the voice that snapped Sam out wasn't Ned and it sure as hell wasn't Gregg then who else could it have been? Was it his own imagination? It's really hard to tell in such a short piece of information. Ned is the only one known to be there that would make sense to me. His having his ribs kicked in and seeing Gregg about to die could have removed to fight from his voice and prevented the begging/desperation from entering it yet.

I saw the rough edges as being the aggressive driving. Maybe aggression in speaking. But nothing else popped to my mind that fit it based on the little we've witnessed of it. If there were a lot of rough edges in his speaking then he wouldn't be one of two that the pack go to with their issues. That leads me even more to it being predominantly the driving as it was also the only issue used against him in this meeting.

If the voice that snapped Sam out wasn't Ned and it sure as hell wasn't Gregg then who else could it have been? Was it his own imagination? It's really hard to tell in such a short piece of information. Ned is the only one known to be there that would make sense to me. His having his ribs kicked in and seeing Gregg about to die could have removed to fight from his voice and prevented the begging/desperation from entering it yet.

Well, I've said before that I'm Isaac and this us one of the things we have in common. I'm not a fluffy feely kind of person and have no interest in hand holding. People know that and still I'm constantly approached by people needing advice and confide in me. They know I tell them the truth, I guess.

Well, I've said before that I'm Isaac and this us one of the things we have in common. I'm not a fluffy feely kind of person and have no interest in hand holding. People know that and still I'm constantly approached by people needing advice and confide in me. They know I tell them the truth, I guess.

What I mean is if his rough edges were apparent in normal conversations or ones that would be had with pack members having questions, issues, problems, requests then most likely they wouldn't go to him for them. Typically if someone is constantly agressive, in a bad mood, etc people shy away from them. And you are right one doesn't have to be a fluffy feely hand holding kind of person for them to be the one people go to. In fact I avoid those people as much as as the overly agressive/bad mood ones as their help also tends to require extra long conversations. It's more the quiet, good natured ones that people go to for their assistance. That happens to fit pretty well both Warren and Isaac even with one having PTSD and another drowning his sorrows with spirits.

By the way - there probably won't be any prompts tomorrow, because the Valentine's Day Contest stories will be up.

I think JAR should do a nice (retrospective) Valentine chapter...  We need cheering up. :(

How about Brian in a red jock with hearts drawn around his nipples :P
Any other suggestions?

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1