Well just because Colt hasn't doesn't mean he never will. Colt specifically had his current preferences instilled due to bad experiences and hardship. He did offer to help Prime out that first night after the park so there is a glimmer of him being open change. With 8 guys to 'use' he hasn't really had the time or inclination to plus they had those cages that made it basically pointless lol.

Also just because someone doesn't suck off another guy doesn't mean they couldn't enjoy the edibles or have others enjoy them when things are more than a duo. Also if in using the edibles maybe it would start to change one person's opinion on certain things to be more willing to test other things hehehe.

Reconditioning approach. Colt's too smart for that.

Lots and lots of tissue  :*)

The most misused keyboard in the world: In Denmark.

Also just because someone doesn't suck off another guy doesn't mean they couldn't enjoy the edibles or have others enjoy them when things are more than a duo. Also if in using the edibles maybe it would start to change one person's opinion on certain things to be more willing to test other things hehehe.

I seem to recall Colt tasting Brian's cherry...  or was it Prime :unsure:

I don't think I would dare to try and write fanfic, just because it's so very hard to get inside the mind of someone else's characters. I like that you focus on the more playful sides of the IC. It's easy to forget that they are young, some of them very young and have been dealt a kind of shitty hand by Fate. The deserve to have some fun.

Honestly getting the 'voice' as I put or 'into the mind of the characters' as you did, is the largest issue with trying to do anything like this. You want to do them and JAR justice as they are his creations and at the same time you want to convey whatever it is you are within the story. I've had three things that I do so far with it. I reread chapters with characters to get their thought processes into my head more, I see what interactions the scene seems to 'want' and then I poke JAR to see if I got something wrong.  :rolleyes: 

I seem to recall Colt tasting Brian's cherry...  or was it Prime :unsure:

It was Brian indeed. 

Honestly getting the 'voice' as I put or 'into the mind of the characters' as you did, is the largest issue with trying to do anything like this. You want to do them and JAR justice as they are his creations and at the same time you want to convey whatever it is you are within the story. I've had three things that I do so far with it. I reread chapters with characters to get their thought processes into my head more, I see what interactions the scene seems to 'want' and then I poke JAR to see if I got something wrong.  :rolleyes:

Soon I'll charge for my characters. Good thing everyone knows the currency ...  :gikkle:

So I'm the ape now in the cage poked by bored children???

Well genetically we are all related to apes.... as for your cage... if a house with barred windows is a cage....

I know I've lived in houses with barred security windows... But that's living in Italy for you.

Arne

With what's going on in that corner, I'd hope it's behind bars.

And didn't we settle that you're a majestic eagle? Fitting with all the other birds. Maybe your middle name is Arne?

Arne???

I'm Ka.

So Prophecies chapter 4

We finally get to see Prime and how lost he is without Colt or another Meta to pull him out of this stooper. It is hard to see but we do know eventually he pulls out of it as per Prompt PULP from MW8.

It was really good to see the actual formation of the pack. Seeing the trouble that Brian was having during his stint in the wilderness. The fact that Prime watched Brian's wolf stalk was interesting as was his stance at helping a shifter who needed it rather than dominating it like so many others would do in his place. While also being Prime in once he decides something that is that... We haven't seen that mentality in Prime for a while. I really love how Prime and CE just pull Brian in and are not only crushing his insecurity but boosting him up through their actions and conversations even when he is unsure of what he's been saying.

So Betsy gave Brian some other information. That Prime would lose faith but he Brian wouldn't and it's his job to keep Prime on track.  Then that he Brian should never lose trust in his Meta. Couple that with Prompt ABBA 'ssandra saying And when you meet him don't give up on him ever. Betsy's statement first makes you think of the position of Meta so that Brian could keep faith in the person in the position even once it has changed to a new Meta but when coupled with 'ssandra it points to always being faithful in Colt.

This also added some new information if you didn't catch it. Prime has already been working on a college degree somewhere. Brian while only 17 at this time had been enrolled/accepted to Wharton. If Brian has been enrolled for Wharton shouldn't he be at the college now? When was he really kicked out of his pack? I had had it slated at sometime while he was 16 and here he is almost 18. You are going to make me go and reread those sections again damn you! But on top of that Brian is 17 and enrolled at Wharton typically people starting college turn 18 at the latest by the end of September, it's just one of those age rules that lower schools use. So unless Brian skipped a year of school somewhere along I would have expected him to still need his final year to two years of high school still! This would just go to show how smart Brian really is.

Something to think about is that Prompt BAIT is taking place during or after the events of this chapter! So Colt is ALIVE in a cell where he is training some ability with his limbs. The cell has an interior door to the guard room and then another door from the guard room out. The guard is 'well bred'. The cell itself is abnormally warm which led Colt to thinking something about it's location. Sadly we know that the Colt as the Meta side of things doesn't end up being fixed for at least a book as in MW7 they aren't his wolves anymore.

Also remember that not only is Jett at their old college right now but so is Bradley the enforcer we first got exposed to in Prompt PULP.

Edited by PkCrichton

Before I delve into Time and Prophecies....

How about that Bradley finally showing up in a manner that isn't in a Prompt or in a Betsy scene! But he poses a bit of a question... Does he like using different names or something? When we first saw him meeting with Betsy he was Bradley Conner and now he is Bradley Nollen. Could he has been hiding his true identity when meeting with Betsy? Could he be using something like the last name of a different parent to go to school under so not to be associated with the history/choices of a parent? Or could someone have just goofed... :rofl:;):2thumbs:

Edited by PkCrichton

With Prompt Time I really don't know what to think about what we've seen in this one.

We see Colt and his interactions, intimidation of and manipulation of other people prior the days of Meta and his joining the pack as a Meta. We meet more classmates both Jock and stereotypical college girl and what they see and how they think.

Some things feel as though it's a vague hint to look at things deeper and broader as a whole and also to throw us off by introducing even more characters from Colt's classes that we've never met before. Then to blatantly use the term Meta for him to get them thinking on a bigger topic...

That Meta topic could also have been to throw us off of other things going on. Lets look at the topics mentioned prior to the Meta-Topic of Time.

• Taxation leading to the War of Independence -
  • The hyper-inflation in Germany gave ground to the Nazis - Aka how Hitler a White Wolf who turned to the dark side came to power. 1918 to 1933
  • The Irish potato plague exploited by the British occupiers and how it contributed to the diaspora of the Irish population - Could this be the 'didn't survive the issues of his times' White Wolf? It took place between 1845 and 1952 killing 1 million people.
  • The effect of El Niño on the disappearance of the advanced South American civilizations - Again this could be the White Wolf that didn't survive the issues of his times.
  • The contribution of Malaria to the underdevelopment of Sub-Saharan Africa - Again this could be the White Wolf that didn't survive the issues of his times.
  • The acidification in the Middle East impacting the spread of Islam - Risa anyone? Although during the Medieval era the Islamic nations were the ones to preserve and advance technology beyond that of Rome.
  • The presence of a fertile river system in wide plains encouraging the creation of Chinese totalitarianism - This is post WWII China which is where we know some Owls and Queens were present after WWII.
  • Japan’s isolation until the 19th century and subsequent catch-up approach caused by its island geography
  • The consequence of small-scale farming due to short summers on gender-roles in Northern Germanic cultures

Then there is the Meta-Theme of Time... How time as a whole looks in the world of Meta's Vampires and Shifters.

• 1200 BCE - Vampires had major power until 3200 years ago when Troy fell. That killed multiple queens and closed at least one orifice.
  • 1200 BCE to 27 BCE - Greek States and Rome thrived from the lack of queens and the power of the shifter packs across europe, some of the Middle East and Africa.
  • 27 BC to 395 CE - New queens have been or are immerging and corrupt Rome causing it to become first an Empire and then it's destruction.
  • 395 CE to 1500 CE - The fall of the Western Roman Empire and the Medieval period of Europe. The vampire queens rule and manipulate many things. They infiltrate the Vadican after it has formed getting the Inquisition to hunt down and kill shifters.
  • 1930 to 1945 CE - The rise of Hitler a potential White Wolf turned to the side of the Vampires and the insuing World War II.
  • 1912 to 1949 - The birth of the Republic of China and its change then in 1949 to the Totalitarian People's Republic of China.
  • 1949 to Now - The People's Republic of China and how Qin controlled and placed vampires into key positions so that it could eventualy be controlled by her.

There is a lot more on the Meta-Theme of Time we could try and look at.

• How the Winter Fir pack moved from Greece to San Fran to LA then to Mexico.
  • The origins of the Winter Fir and Golden Chestnut Tree rivalry.
  • The different known and theorized attempts at the creation of a White Wolf and their Pack by the Owl Society and the moves theoretically taken by the Queens and Lord to turn/counter them.
  • The origins of the different packs of the IC members. Western Montana, Salt Lake City, Mt Patterson, North Quebecois, Manhattan/Long Island and the Savannah.

Then we have the other things going on in the prompt..

A chinese guy drops the class... This is Tang the would be lawyer that Colt had in other classes and was shadowed into trapping the IC wolves in Origins after Colt's graduation.

Ashley describes Alpha^3 guys as "everyone’s a heartless, filthy rich future Republican". Then talks about their friend stopping her pursuit of Alpha^3 frat boys for an "icky guy who has a big ..." That there is a bit of an unknown jab at Colt since he sees himself as an "icky guy with a big..."

I also think that at least two of the people present for this homework group could be Wolf. When Dylan and Spenser show up Ashley exposes her neck. This is something that we know wolves do out of respect for a higher rank as they submitt or by female wolves looking to get with a male wolf. But it could also just be a normal flirtation deal...

Did anyone notice Colt being OCD in the classroom? Closing the windows. Organizing the pens by color Black, Blue, Green and Red. Which just happen to be the colors for Alpha, Beta, CE, Enforcer. Then there is the fact that Tang gives Colt a headache and that he had one after all this was over. Colt typically at least post Pack only gets headaches when his mind is trying to tell himself something that he doesn't realize. Could Tang already be shadowed? Is one of these people something else?

Edited by PkCrichton
  • Like 1