Well since the chapter has been up for days... And we have a little time before we learn just what happens why not talk it over some.

We now know for sure that Colt is the 'old man' in the Hospital in Prompt Lone which takes place immediately after Endings 3 and before Endings 4.

Who do you think the fake 'doctor' is?

What do you think was the precious liquid he had in the carton for Colt to drink?

Is he trying to Kill Colt, Save Colt or Release Colt with said precious liquid?

Some key points of interest from Prompt Lone for you.

• The 'doctor' is male
  • He is holding a precious liquid in a carton
  • Others say he is a new handsome doctor, cute british accent
  • He has heightened hearing and smell
  • He looks a bit gay
  • The two women in the elevator were really his type
  • He looked like a young doctor in training
  • Colt says 'Hu' upon seeing him  - Hunter is the only one with Hu in their first name but he is dead
  • The ‘doctor’ smiled with devilish satisfaction. “Drink it all, and you shall find your redemption” 
  • Even if he was disguised he didn’t want to be recognized in case Colt had a last moment of clarity before the liquid’s effect kicked in fully.
  • Outside he gratefully took in the fresh midnight air, cleansing his lungs from the traces of death he was just too familiar with.
  • He had just betrayed his heritage, ending the suffering of the ‘old’ man prematurely

Now that we have Chapter 5 I felt I should bring these up again.

We now have a pretty solid indication of what the Liquid was and the purpose of it. But still who is the 'doctor'?

Due to the British accent the primary candidate for the identity of the 'doctor' is Jeffery/Alistair. Colt wouldn't know his assumed british accented voice so it would make a good disguise as long as Colt isn't able to see his face.

Edited by PkCrichton

Keep Calm and Remember Prompt Pulp  0:)

Prime may accept Colt later, but that does not excuse him breaking his Meta's heart in the first place. Throwing Colt out without even listening to him is wrong on all levels. :pissed: I shall never forgive Prime, and I'm very disappointed with Brian and CE, too.

But what could Prime do? That shock would be equal to my hubby coming home and declaring he's joined a neo nazi movement. All rationality would go out the window.

I have a feeling Brian will sort this one out. Prime is too Alpha wolf right now, going on instinct and feelings of utmost betrayal.

And as I said in my review. The question is not answered.

• Like 1

Now that we have Chapter 5 I felt I should bring these up again.

We now have a pretty solid indication of what the Liquid was and the purpose of it. But still who is the 'doctor'?

Due to the British accent the primary candidate for the identity of the 'doctor' is Jeffery/Alistair. Colt wouldn't know his assumed british accented voice so it would make a good disguise as long as Colt isn't able to see his face.

I'm guessing Jeffrey as well, since he appears to have plans of his own. For himself or someone else? He seems not strong enough to try to become the new Lord, so I think he's working for someone.

Getting Colt all vamped up could mean he's trying to get him to go after MaryAnn, leaving the way open for some other entity to become Lord.

• Like 1

But what could Prime do? That shock would be equal to my hubby coming home and declaring he's joined a neo nazi movement. All rationality would go out the window.

I have a feeling Brian will sort this one out. Prime is too Alpha wolf right now, going on instinct and feelings of utmost betrayal.

And as I said in my review. The question is not answered.

If Colt was now a vampire, I would agree. But drinking blood through a straw is not the same as biting and killing innocent virgins. It's not much different from getting blood via a drip. If Leo had been there, I bet he would have worked out what was needed, and both the IC and other pack wolves would have lined up to donate blood.

Saying Colt isn't Colt and throwing him out without even hearing what happened, is unforgivable. If they had discussed it and Prime had said afterwards Colt could no longer be their Meta for whatever reason, then it would be different. The disappearence of the tattoo could be because the IC is no longer complete, and anyway Colt was their Meta before it appeared. The lack of scent might make a difference to the sexual attraction but this should not prevent Colt being their Meta - or them loving him. How many times has Colt worried about the moment the scent attraction was gone and been told they would still love him, need him? And now he is rejected, denied, betrayed - like Peter did in another myth...

But of course, JAR may pull another stunt to explain everything, eventually.

If Colt was now a vampire, I would agree. But drinking blood through a straw is not the same as biting and killing innocent virgins. It's not much different from getting blood via a drip. If Leo had been there, I bet he would have worked out what was needed, and both the IC and other pack wolves would have lined up to donate blood.

Saying Colt isn't Colt and throwing him out without even hearing what happened, is unforgivable. If they had discussed it and Prime had said afterwards Colt could no longer be their Meta for whatever reason, then it would be different. The disappearence of the tattoo could be because the IC is no longer complete, and anyway Colt was their Meta before it appeared. The lack of scent might make a difference to the sexual attraction but this should not prevent Colt being their Meta - or them loving him. How many times has Colt worried about the moment the scent attraction was gone and been told they would still love him, need him? And now he is rejected, denied, betrayed - like Peter did in another myth...

But of course, JAR may pull another stunt to explain everything, eventually.

Me, the innocent incarnate, doing stunts?

well, Prime is Prime.

But if he looks and smells like a vampire and he's suddenly come back from certain death, isn't that a shock enough to make anyone lose their ability to think? To bring someone like that into the pack is asking an awful lot.

How do we know he's not a vampire? He's been well fed for the past weeks, so any possible urge to feed will not show until after a few months. Perhaps they could figure out a solution in the IC, but that would need to be considered carefully. Sure, they are an unconventional pack, but a vampire living with them would be unthinkable for the rest of the pack. Prime has duties to others as well.

A very difficult choice and Prime reacted too harshly in line with his nature. He's not perfect, but who is?

The scents aren't all gone. Colt can still smell his wolves. The reason for this disaster is because he suddenly has the characteristics of a vampire. If Colt was still Colt but minus his scents, I'm sure Prime would have reacted differently.

well, Prime is Prime.

No excuse. I bet the real reason is Prime is pissed someone else found a way to save Colt's life, when the IC hadn't been able to. They don't even know it was vampires - unless they told Prime, but why would they do so? We don't even know for sure, nor does Colt, although we and he strongly suspect it. So the only reason to be mad is because Colt's scent is gone, but there could be other reasons for that - or it might be temporary due to the treatment. They already knew Colt was part vampire, but that didn't prevent them from accepting him as Meta.

So what if he needs to have a glass of blood now and then? That does not make him a vampire. To be a vampire he needs to die and come back via an orifice, and three weeks is not enough to do that. And he has a normal temperature, so he's still human.

I can understand Prime being shocked and sceptical, but telling Colt to leave immediately and violently is still unforgivable.

No excuse. I bet the real reason is Prime is pissed someone else found a way to save Colt's life, when the IC hadn't been able to. They don't even know it was vampires - unless they told Prime, but why would they do so? We don't even know for sure, nor does Colt, although we and he strongly suspect it. So the only reason to be mad is because Colt's scent is gone, but there could be other reasons for that - or it might be temporary due to the treatment. They already knew Colt was part vampire, but that didn't prevent them from accepting him as Meta.

So what if he needs to have a glass of blood now and then? That does not make him a vampire. To be a vampire he needs to die and come back via an orifice, and three weeks is not enough to do that. And he has a normal temperature, so he's still human.

I can understand Prime being shocked and sceptical, but telling Colt to leave immediately and violently is still unforgivable.

We tend to forget they are wolves ... the level of abstract ethics is not well developed. They have a simple "us vs. them" scheme. And Colt is not "us" anymore as he doesn't have scent. So he must be "them."

As long as Colt kept his vamp side suppressed, there was no danger for the IC or the pack. Now, how would they handle him being an active vamp needing virgin blood? Where would they get it? The IC is 'pure' but no virgins. I can picture them asking the pack for donations. That would go down well...

As long as Colt kept his vamp side suppressed, there was no danger for the IC or the pack. Now, how would they handle him being an active vamp needing virgin blood? Where would they get it? The IC is 'pure' but no virgins. I can picture them asking the pack for donations. That would go down well...

How do we know he needs virgin blood? And perhaps he only needed the blood to overcome this trauma, and not as a regular occurrence from now on. He's still human not a vampire re his temperature.

Edited by Timothy M.

I guess we'll see in time just how strong his vamp instincts are. If they take control he'll need virgin blood.

As for him needing blood... There must be a reason to turn him. If Jeffrey saw him almost dying, they wouldn't have to fear him using his WW power again. So the vamps/prospective Lord (not MaryAnn) is up to something. So to me that seems like trying to get Colt's power on there side by making him a full on vamp. MaryAnn already tried with her mind games.

There's more to Colt than he or we realize.

So looks like in starting discussing things we've got a bit of a FIRESTORM going in here!

As others have brought up Wolf Shifters a driven a LOT more by their insticts than humans are. I do believe this was brought up in Meta where they said that shifters unlike humans haven't been able to supress their instincts over many thousands of years the ways humans have. So they aren't able to use their mind to fully control themselves in a time where insticts say one thing and their mind another.

Remember Gregory Hall back in MW1. They held a frat party for young shifters to use them against the vampires. With only a little alcohol in them and the sensing of a large number of vampires near by, the young shifters all shifted and ran into the Orifice killing dozens if not hundreds of vampires. This was a situation with no emotion involved at all. It just had alcohol to lower inhibitions and instinct to drive them.

Now we have Colt who we have all known since the end of MW2 was part vampire due to his Half Vampire/Shaman mother Betsy and that his father was somehow Half Wolf even though it has been said that being part Wolf would have the Wolf genes go dominant on the person making them All Wolf. Then we have the fact that the White Wolf energy has dicipated or been drained to a critically low level within Colt's body such that he was going to die if his Vampire side wasn't utilized to nurish him. Now we don't know the 'turning process' for Half Vampires but it seems both from flashbacks and from MW5's first chaters that even a someone with Half Vampire genes in order to fully turn needs to go through the 'suicide', 'choice' and 'orifice birth' in order to become a Full Vampire. But that doesn't mean their vampire side can't be nurished/triggered without going Full Vamp. We see already that Colt can still smell the IC members, his body is at his personal prefference of optimal form of 25 years with the build of all the world he had done with CE and all, he still has a human temperature but he has no personal scent right now.

Now introduce this 25 Year Old, Well Built, No Scent Colt to the IC who believe Colt is withering away looking like a 90 Year Old prune that smells like Wine and Waterfalls. Prime of all people's first instrict is going to be THIS IS NOT COLT. This is built upon multiple factors. Colt was dying, they have been fooled by a false corpse before, they have even had a Cider scent used to try and corrupt them. Prime as an Alpha of Alphas is going to have a REALLY hard time even attempting to rationalize and control his instincts here. While the Beta and Enforcers who are more Alpha of Betas and Alpha of Enforcers while being the Peak of their Roles won't have that Alpha Dominance aspect to deal with in their instincts. They will be able to think a little more and control instinct while Prime won't be able to. His Colt is suddenly gone replaced with someone he can only see as a Vampire.

So yes while dissappointed in Prime's hard reaction it makes sense. There is also one other thing to consider here. If Colt had stayed with the pack displaying almost Full Vampire traits what would have happened with all of the NON IC wolves and the other packs? Suddenly the White Wolf Pack's Inner Circle is harboring a Vampire and given that its Colt it would be seen as taking orders from a Vampire. A bit of a Civil War would have insued within the Pack itself not even counting the reactions of the other Pack Alphas. It would have resulted in the pack being destroyed. So for now it is best that Colt NOT be with the White Wolf Pack.

On a side note... Chris Brooks of the US Olympic Gymnastics Team.... Athletic, Agile, Strong and Hot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5dfHwrvygA

Edited by PkCrichton
  • Like 1

I've got a bit of a theory about Colt based around everything we've observed from the chapters so far.

This liquid was able to energize the Vampire side of Colt. The liquid was fed to him repeatedly over the course of over a week. He didn't have to go through any Orifice. He still has a human body temperature. Now typical vampires are supposed to take many weeks if not months between feedings. The stronger the vampire the longer between feedings. So was this liquid blood, something else or a combination of blood and something else.

Then there is the rest of Colt's physiology. 1/4 Vampire, 1/2 Wolf ish (father was half wolf but half wolves are full wolves), 1/4 Human. Colt's Vampire side has never been shown to have any dominance in him it has always been Human with a mix of Wolf. After the fight with the Lord the energy of the White Wolf appears to have vanished entirely. But what if its only been drained to a critically low level. So low that it isn't a factor in his being so now he is Human with a drained/weak Wolf and a drained/weak Vampire. This liquid was able to take that Vampire side and beef it up filling the hole left from the weakened Wolf side. And with his Wolf side now very weak with a strong Vampire side the Wolf Tattoo vanishes.

Now we have the Tattoo that never showed itself until all 8 wolves of the IC were found and together. Not that they were bonded but together. Maybe it wasn't that these 8 wolves and only these 8 needed to be together but it had to be 8 wolves that the the Wolf in Colt recognized. That recognition is a key component. What if the White Wolf in Colt needed the other wolves to fully manifest just as they needed the energy of the White Wolf to meet their own full potential. So once Prime, CE, Brian, Sam, Isaac, Leo, Al and Warren were found and together it had enough recognized wolves to complete. This caused the tattoo to manifest and eventually the fully shifted form of the White Wolf to form. Yes Gavin had been around and recognized the White Wolf since before Warren and Al were together with the pack yet but at this point there were still only 7 recognized wolves so it wouldn't have completed yet plus there is the fact that for some reason Colt didn't recognize Gavin yet. After Leo and Al died the IC wasn't full anymore. There weren't 8 wolves around Colt that would be able to energize the White Wolf anymore so it was on borrowed time from that point on unless other wolves recognized it. When Gavin was around during Colt's rescue he finally recognized Gavin as another 1/8 of his needed wolves but still this left one missing needed wolf to reenergize his Wolf side. The Lord even said that Colt's White Wolf wasn't as big as it 'should be' if he hadn't been imprisoned by MaryAnn for that period of time. So that does give creedance to the theory that there is an energy exchange both ways. Just think about it a little when Colt touches one of the IC he got an electric jolt that continued throughout the physical connection.

Now once Colt goes back to college he will be around Bradley another wolf that he will recognize and be around constantly getting a slight wolf charge out of him.  With Colt's Wolf side so heavily drained it wasn't able to sustain his body at all even with 6 or 7 of his recognized wolves around him. But now with his Vampire side charged up at least temporarily as he probably won't feed it more energy and it will slowly drain away as a result over time, yet he is around a recognized wolf constantly and his Wolf side is getting a constantly slight charge out of it. So at some point there will be a time where the Wolf and Vampire sides will hit equal energy and at that point Colt will probably get a scent again.

Could there be other factors at play for how strong a Vampire or Wolf side is or what is required for the Tattoo to appear sure.
  • Like 3

Interesting theories. I'm not allowed to comment, as I've edited ch. 6 and 7. :X

Of course you can't comment. Its only a theory you could weigh the merits of the different points based on what 'we' know and attempt to ignore what you know from 6 and 7... but that is asking a bit much as the compartmentalization of knowledge isn't something some people can do. 0:)

• Like 1

I forgot one thing in my mass reviewing. Cassandra. I'm sure Colt saw himself as Cassandra upon hearing it, but I saw it as a reminder of Brian's encounter with 'ssandra in prompt ABBA. I still think Fate is testing them once again.

So Brian, use that yummy Beta brain and figure this out! I know you can! Prime is too hurt and upset to do anything else but go Alpha.

A song for you, clever boy...

• Like 1

Hi JAR

I'll be unavailable all day Friday and may not log on to GA until Sunday.You may need to find another editor for your prompt.

I hope you have something very exciting to do during your internet abstinence ;-). Enjoy!

• Like 1

Hi JAR

I'll be unavailable all day Friday and may not log on to GA until Sunday.You may need to find another editor for your prompt.

GA will go through withdrawal! What will we do without our Delicious Danish? ;)

• Like 1

GA will go through withdrawal! What will we do without our Delicious Danish? ;)

Wait delicious danish... are you sure it isn't a stale danish? After all its been around for a while :gikkle:   Must need a new batch made and it takes so long it requires 3 days of trial and error.

Edited by PkCrichton
  • Like 1