As someone who has actually WORN the UNIFORM I don't find it offensive because I know that JAR means it in the context of a JOKE not as a HURTFUL POST.

Context matters so don't jump to conclusions before you understand things.

I am glad you did not take offense, but the fact remains that someone who does not know JAR as you do very well might. The problem is that not all readers have the background to put it in the context of a joke.

Unfortunately too many of our men and women in uniform have been met with derision and ridicule for their service. I just feel we should ALL appreciate the sacrifices you and the others have made on our behalf.

Now lets get back to talking about what those in this thread really care about... THE WORK OF META.

Now about a number of these Prompts we've had in recent weeks...

Prompt Sane has Jeffery in a mental hospital put there by his mother to 'cure' him of homosexual tendencies. MaryAnn is with her 'husband' Sam. The doctor is assisted by Amanda. I think Amanda is the same Amanda who works with Haliburt and that Sam is Sam Sr. This would mean that while the Prompt is set to be read during MW7 it is in fact take place prior to MW1. I put it before MW1 because of Amanda working with the doctor. I can't see her pulling off two jobs at the same time. There is also the issue of Sam Sr who had mostly cut ties with MaryAnn for a period of time prior to MW1 and only got back with her during MW1. So this would leave one to think that Sane take place not only before MW1 but some time years earlier while they were together. The question becomes when was this? The fact that Amanda, MaryAnn and Jeffery all cross paths here though is both interesting and disconcerting. An Owl, a Queen and her Son all together. MaryAnn and Amanda have to know one another at some point given her working with this doctor now and Haliburt during Colt's school years. So if this is before Meta it makes you wonder about any interactions between them during Meta and if its after then no idea what to make of it lol.

CCTV we learn for sure that it was Jeffery that was the mystery doctor feeding Colt whatever it was that strengthened his Vampire side. I really loved CE in this promt even if Brian was popping his balloons of excitement and hope. Just what are Prime's orders to the pack and IC with regards to Colt? The fact that Brian tells CE to email the video information to Prime instead of bringing it to him really shows that Prime really isn't in the right frame of mind to be reasoned with either. I wonder what CE and the other IC will do from here to see if they can fix things.  On another note it is nice to learn that Jeffery is who masqueraded as a doctor resulting in Colt still being 'alive'. I had thought it was him but I wasn't completely positive until this confirmation.

DNA prompts some questions. Alex got with a nerdy dna analytical technician but for what reason? She obviously didn't need him for information or to draw certain people to take part in certain events. So the only real possibility is access, she would have probably been able to get access to either the DNA Analytical Machine or even the Test Samples themselves utilizing his access badge/card. But what is there to gain by manipulating Test Samples or the Results themselves? Could the machine be able to read Vampire and Shifter DNA and report on those secretly to another party like say the SLC/LSD Pack? Could she have contaminated or swapped the samples to alter the results?

Edited by PkCrichton
  • Like 1

You know what I'm sorry. I guess not knowing my context you missed what I was trying to say. You see, a kid I knew, a family friend was a Marine. He was a jock, a showoff, kind-hearted, an only son and he went to Afghanistan to serve his country. He was everything you expect a Marine to be and he gave everything. I'm ashamed to say I don't think of him except the holidays when we celebrate our servicemen and women. But last week I bumped into his parents and while it has been more than a decade they don't forget and they were struggling because Chad was killed in mid-July. So while normally it might not today suggesting that Marines are stupid hurt.

The other thing that hurts is that while I have been part of this forum since the beginning of the Meta series I no longer feel welcome here because I said something when I thought a posted image was hurtful to me and that was ill-received. I feel as a result I have been told to keep quiet or better yet to just go away. That is something I never expected from this group.

Dug if thats how you read what I post it wasn't how I meant it to be read and that could very well be my fault. I wasn't pushing for you or any meta reader not to share your thoughts/feeling/etc on this or any other topic. I only meant for those who are readers/followers to not jump to the defensive conclusion on such posts and think more about it knowing the character of those posting it. The real brunt of my post was for those who haven't read a single chapter and jumped on it.

I had been wondering where yours and some others posts have been but being the time of year figured people were busy. I know on my part you aren't being asked to keep quiet and should voice your thoughts. This is a rant and we do rant and vehimently disagree on things at times. There is always more context behind any post as is visible by the background of your own that I at least had no idea on. So no don't keep quiet share your thoughts

Ok so Dayne I had wanted to address your thoughts and theories but then got a bit side tracked. So lets get back to those.

You first bring up the fact Chris Fink and how he has shown up in two places within the narrative of Meta. Initially he was a plant by Stiller meant to keep Colt away from San Fran and thus Prime/CE/Brian to prevent or postpone the realization of the White Wolf Inner Circle but Chris both liking Colt and getting caught up in a game as many college guys do didn't do that which resulted in the pack forming. He now shows up again after the White Wolf/Meta has been ostracized from the pack and this time is pursuing Colt purely for his own reasons as he actually liked Colt from their encounter enough that when he sees him again he tries to have honest relations with him. Now could MaryAnn have been behind Stiller's actions or was someone else pulling that string? MaryAnn and Balt both had an agent at that original party in the same person Peter who was meant to drug and get Colt sick but our dear sweet Owls stopped that.  In this very early stage of things I wonder if MaryAnn would have had a backup or not. She didn't yet know that Colt was as slippery even by pure utter luck of others secretly watching out for him so she might not have thought a secondary plan was needed. But here is the twist... MaryAnn actually wants the first part of the prophecy fulfilled but she then wants to become the Lord after, so in reality she wanted Colt to find the pack, she also wanted to appear to be following the orders of the Lord. So I'm really unsure that she would have put in the secondary plan with Chris at the beginning at least. As for your not being a coincidence... well you're right its not JAR in his infinitely devilish ways knew he was going to have Chris back now way back when he posted that prompt and even TOLD US he would be back lol.  Now as for the wedding of Chris and MaryAnn this is a prompt I actually loath and despise and don't want to think of existing lol. It feels so out of place from anything I expect and feels like it belongs in an alternate timeline. So I don't know what to make of that aspect of the Chris/Colt/MaryAnn issues.

Next you bring up Bradley and how its odd that he just happens to be at Colts school after Colt has been ostracized. Well it this isn't a coincidence either. Bradley met with Betsy the Shaman and Colt's mother and was told he needed to transfer to this school for his Sophmore/Second year of college which he did. This was all so that he would be there for Colt which she specifically says although she doesn't name him. As for Rob and Jett becoming friends with Bradley well I don't think there is any chance that 'someone' coughAmandacough didn't at least set Bradley and Jett to meet by having the same class. Them becoming friends from there was completely up to them. Rob initially was destined to at least become a teammate of Bradley's but once he is friends Rob becomes another tool for an Owl to manipulate to push Bradley in certain directions by Cotherby dating Rob just as she did when she dated CE's friend that ended up with CE and Prime meeting.

Colt's predilection for ginger boys/men I don't think we have actually seen the origin of. We just see his ginger knight being his favorite and him liking ginger over brunette, black or blond. It could be due to his first real crush being on Trent who was ginger or there could have been someone else, a celebrity perhaps or some soldier he saw repeatedly getting their hair cut that he got infatuated on that was a deeper origin of it.

You say that Colt isn't going to easily take Prime and the IC back after being kicked because Prime couldn't smell him anymore and believed Colt saved himself by becoming a vampire. We all know the IC was in a very hard place Meta or Alpha, they were all also highly confused by the lack of scent on Colt with scent being such a major part of a shifters being and understanding of their world they didn't know what to make of it on top all the bs with Prime's orders. Colt even states he wasn't going to put the IC in the place to chose between the two of them so as he had done in the past he bit the bullet and did what was believed to be best for them even though he hated every second of it.  Will he take them back? Yeah I'd say he will especially baed off Prompt Pulp but I bet there is a lot they have to do for him for it to eventually happen.

The scent issue is a major reason that Colt isn't doing anything with Bradley. He knows that Bradley has caught his scent but Bradley also believes that Colt isn't wolf and thus couldn't be his mate. Colt also having just had such a major wall shattering event due to scent isn't willing to have a full relationship with anyone where that is involved so this goes for both Bradley and Gavin. However much either wish it it will take some hoops for such a thing to happen. If I were Colt I would think legal documents would be involved lol. I think at this point Bradley has told Colt what he is looking for and think he likes in any partner he may have which just happens to almost perfectly fit Colt. So he does have that in his favor in the long run.

You ask if Colt knows that his scent exists. I believe he does as he would be able to notice the similar reactions in Bradley that he used to in the IC. Here is the other thing did Colt's scent every really leave? We know that some how the IC can't smell him anymore after his vampire side was strengthened. I had a major theory on this that I posted a while back but even that is off with what we are seeing in these chapters. Prime still isn't able to catch Colt's scent yet Bradley obviously has. So somehow for the IC the scent has run its cource and can't be detected currently yet for potential IC who haven't any the scent and other benefits there in still smell him. So I don't think his scent was ever really gone.

The Wolf Mark vanishing and any future for that I have also theorized that prehaps it requires the presense of 8 potential IC members to surface and then when the energy of the White Wolf is drained to much it vanishes but has the potential to return if again a full IC worth potentials are around again and feeding that power. Does it require the purity aspect... probably not but it is something else connected with the scents. Colt could and can still smell the IC wolves its only the IC wolves that can't smell him so that aspect of the theory should still hold weight.

Edited by PkCrichton
  • Like 3

Well, I reread Sane and I still feel it's a nightmare of the kind Colt has had since the beginning. Doubting his life is his life, with the IC and his role in the story.

The prompt is peppered with bits from Meta, the cast of characters, the fruit scents, a husky, Warren's badge number, the concept of shadowing... I can't see all these things having any combined meaning for anyone but Colt.

The warped time line mixing everything feels very much like a dream, the brain cooking up something from encountered facts mixed with insecurities and doubt in the person having the dream.

For me, I can't see Jeffrey as needing any kind of treatment. He's very good at humoring his mom and making her believe he's firmly in her corner.

Edited by Puppilull

As for scents, I believe they never left, but is a cruel rest by Fate.

DNA is a tricky one. I can't really come up with a good theory other than Alex wanting to meddle with the samples. Was it necessary to remove one sample perhaps?

We haven't had any songs for a while. I thought Bradley and Chris could use a number each in the musical.

Bradley is soooo feeling Colt. Very hungry for more...

Chris tries to persuade Colt to ditch that grumpy Prime and take a chance on him. He would substitute 'girl' for 'guy', unless he wants to experience Colt lose his cool. Or if he wants to go searching for his nuts somewhere, he'll make it 'boy'... ;)

Edited by Puppilull
  • Like 2

Interesting songs that can be used for multiple people at different points in the story even.

Starving could be used for Sam after he first met Colt or when Colt leaves at the end of Origins. It could also be used for Gavin pretty much ANY time or for Al up until Battles. Isaac could also fit it while deployed.

Treat You Better could be applied to the entire IC or Bradley while Colt is with Chris. It could even be Colt's point of view while he crushes on Trent.

This weeks prompt brought up a lot of questions some I'm sure we have to wait until Fate to learn about and others we probably never will. I'll hold off on mentioning anything beyond that as people need time to read, enjoy and digest it.

Hmmm could this be the extreme version of the Silver Punishment Cuff?

tumblr_o3qnbiGprW1sa32qfo1_500.jpg

Maybe Prime needs some time in these after what Colt's been put through regardless of how the Vote turns out.

Edited by PkCrichton
  • Like 3

Yes, so much starving for affection going on in Meta. I just don't want all the showstoppers in the musical to go to the same people. But you're right. Sam doesn't have a number. That has to be rectified. I'm thinking something heartbreaking for when Sam Sr turns out to be a traitor...

Digesting. Yes, that's exactly how I feel right now about Iraq. Need to think. And feel.

• Like 1