6 hours ago, JohnAR said:

Now that's a challenge. As I can't manipulate those stories directly. I guess when I have reworked the all, I'll send eight word files to GA ...

Why can't you edit the stories here? They're yours, right? You're listed as author, so you should be able to edit, even if they are now in the Premium category.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1

Typos I found in book 8.

1. He had to get back down to the regular streets if he every wanted to pick up Colt’s scent.
    <FATE: Book 8 (METAWOLF SERIES)>(R., John A.) Your Highlight on Location 194-195  2017-04-05 04:15:04
    [Note]ever

2. Slowly the last roof – inviting flat and large – came closer.
    <FATE: Book 8 (METAWOLF SERIES)>(R., John A.) Your Highlight on Location 242-243  2017-04-05 04:21:15
    [Note]invitingly

3. You could kill me know, but
    <FATE: Book 8 (METAWOLF SERIES)>(R., John A.) Your Highlight on Location 275-275  2017-04-05 04:24:33
    [Note]now

4. “but we come he regularly
    <FATE: Book 8 (METAWOLF SERIES)>(R., John A.) Your Highlight on Location 319-319  2017-04-05 04:29:10
    [Note]here

5. headache refused to subside despite the generous help of chemicals and lots of water – that he only drank when he was sick
    <FATE: Book 8 (METAWOLF SERIES)>(R., John A.) Your Highlight on Location 370-371  2017-04-05 04:34:20
    [Note]which

6. “Seem I also have some wolf in my, that’s why I turned into the White Wolf …”
    <FATE: Book 8 (METAWOLF SERIES)>(R., John A.) Your Highlight on Location 384-385  2017-04-05 04:35:35
    [Note]me

10. only some few since you picked me up from the house, pretending is was my parent’s house in Texas.
    <FATE: Book 8 (METAWOLF SERIES)>(R., John A.) Your Highlight on Location 718-719  2017-04-05 05:05:11
    [Note] was

11. “Jace, take two fighters and accompany Stan into to the brig.
    <FATE: Book 8 (METAWOLF SERIES)>(R., John A.) Your Highlight on Location 884-884  2017-04-05 05:19:41
    [Note]scratch to

12. What had being a wolf shifter pack changed into?
    <FATE: Book 8 (METAWOLF SERIES)>(R., John A.) Your Highlight on Location 949-949  2017-04-05 05:26:02
    [Note]been

14. … which he turned into when he noticed what the doctor pointed out to him.
    <FATE: Book 8 (METAWOLF SERIES)>(R., John A.) Your Highlight on Location 1324-1325  2017-04-05 06:23:01
    [Note]turned to

15. early release from for
    <FATE: Book 8 (METAWOLF SERIES)>(R., John A.) Your Highlight on Location 1363-1363  2017-04-05 06:26:17
    [Note]form

20. but as he couldn’t change anything right know,
    <FATE: Book 8 (METAWOLF SERIES)>(R., John A.) Your Highlight on Location 2738-2739  2017-04-05 09:40:37
    [Note]now

21. Tine interrupted misinterpreting the banter,
    <FATE: Book 8 (METAWOLF SERIES)>(R., John A.) Your Highlight on Location 2749-2749  2017-04-05 09:42:17
    [Note]tina

23. After all, he was an alpha of his on right.
    <FATE: Book 8 (METAWOLF SERIES)>(R., John A.) Your Highlight on Location 3252-3253  2017-04-05 11:33:11
    [Note]own

27. him and was connected to him like his wolves where to Colt,
    <FATE: Book 8 (METAWOLF SERIES)>(R., John A.) Your Highlight on Location 4708-4709  2017-04-06 02:58:39
    [Note]were

44. more, before the stepped up the ladder to the next deck.
    <FATE: Book 8 (METAWOLF SERIES)>(R., John A.) Your Highlight on Location 5999-5999  2017-04-06 05:22:26
    [Note]he

48. She was home - for one night.
    <FATE: Book 8 (METAWOLF SERIES)>(R., John A.) Your Highlight on Location 6383-6384  2017-04-06 18:07:20
    [Note]he

• Like 3

I hate authors who use the all is but a dream ploy. I just hate it.

Now you are way beyond this level with layers of reality beyond (meta, literally) layers of reality. You seriously fucked my mind up, since I started to doubt my own world. Thanks.

But the interjection of Colt's alternative life in Dallas is really touching, full of subtle and repressed emotions.

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, athanos said:

Typos I found in book 8.

Too kind. Corrected them (except 12, 14, and 48). Prompt words will come tomorrow - you have right of first refusal!.

J.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, athanos said:

Now you are way beyond this level with layers of reality beyond (meta, literally) layers of reality. You seriously fucked my mind up, since I started to doubt my own world. Thanks.

But the interjection of Colt's alternative life in Dallas is really touching, full of subtle and repressed emotions.

I guess I'll add you to the list of people who hate me ... shall I assign you a number? ;-)

MetaReality indeed ... except book 9 would be called MetaAlternate if it ever sees the light ...

Thanks for reading! And correcting! And inputting! (The prompt off stands.)

J

Edited by JohnAR
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, athanos said:

Oh, you should have seen my huffing anger after Book 1. I swore to not read another line. I really don't like the Bobby in the shower thing either. 

Then I saw the light and realised Meta is different and the layers so complex. Now, in hindsight, I'm so happy I stayed with this story. Colt and his wolves have made me cry several times, but also given me so much. 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, athanos said:

I do have to agree the 'it was all a dream' mechanic really really really drives me nuts with some stories. Still there is the rare story where although you have that mechanic at play they actually use it well.

Spoiler

I'm putting this in a spoiler tag since it is spoilers for all the newer people who haven't read all the books yet either on Amazon or here on GA.

MetaWolf is one of those rare stories that takes the 'it was all a dream' mechanic and not only uses it well but uses it in such a way that we really don't know if it was a dream or if it was something else. I've commented earlier in the ranting about the different 'Universes of Meta' how there were 4 distinct realities that could be looked at the Wolf Verse, the Wedding Verse, the Asylum Verse and the Nano/Trek Verse.  JAR has written MetaWolf in such a way that although it ends on a specific hint of reality we don't actually know for sure if that is true or not. It is actually up to the reader to decide what their reality is. Is it all the dilussion of a mental patient in the Asylum Verse? Was everything a Simulation in the Nano/Trek Verse? Was it a story written by a guy in the Wedding Verse? Is everything real and Colt taps into the different Realities as a job of Fate in the Wolf Verse?

I listed two quotes a while ago now and they still hold true.

“Every story has a happy ending. If it is not happy, then it is not over yet.”

"If you want a happy ending, it just depends on where you close the book!"

On another note I've figured out who Iove is from one of the Deprivation Prompts! :devil:

• Like 4
On 2017-04-06 at 9:53 PM, PkCrichton said:

I do have to agree the 'it was all a dream' mechanic really really really drives me nuts with some stories. Still there is the rare story where although you have that mechanic at play they actually use it well.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm putting this in a spoiler tag since it is spoilers for all the newer people who haven't read all the books yet either on Amazon or here on GA.

MetaWolf is one of those rare stories that takes the 'it was all a dream' mechanic and not only uses it well but uses it in such a way that we really don't know if it was a dream or if it was something else. I've commented earlier in the ranting about the different 'Universes of Meta' how there were 4 distinct realities that could be looked at the Wolf Verse, the Wedding Verse, the Asylum Verse and the Nano/Trek Verse.  JAR has written MetaWolf in such a way that although it ends on a specific hint of reality we don't actually know for sure if that is true or not. It is actually up to the reader to decide what their reality is. Is it all the dilussion of a mental patient in the Asylum Verse? Was everything a Simulation in the Nano/Trek Verse? Was it a story written by a guy in the Wedding Verse? Is everything real and Colt taps into the different Realities as a job of Fate in the Wolf Verse?

I listed two quotes a while ago now and they still hold true.

“Every story has a happy ending. If it is not happy, then it is not over yet.”

"If you want a happy ending, it just depends on where you close the book!"

On another note I've figured out who Iove is from one of the Deprivation Prompts! :devil:

By Iove, you are clever! ;) 

• Like 2

We didn't get any prompt words ... so @athanos your right of first refusal needs to be delayed to next week ...

In the meanwhile I have two (un)prompts my readers could choose from tonight: Doms (Prime, Brian, Isaac, Colt) or Teen (CE, Warren).

• Like 2
6 hours ago, JohnAR said:

We didn't get any prompt words ... so @athanos your right of first refusal needs to be delayed to next week ...

In the meanwhile I have two (un)prompts my readers could choose from tonight: Doms (Prime, Brian, Isaac, Colt) or Teen (CE, Warren).

That is so hard to pick between. You have 4 vs 2. The titles then make you wonder about things and what the twists could be, Doms and Teen. Teen could be well anytime perhaps while they are young in the then Mt Patterson pack or them with some other Teenage character like oh Forest? Doms I have no idea what it could be in regards to.

• Like 2

Typos in Prompts

2. nearly dropping his lighter to light the nicotine stick with trembling figures.
    <META PROMPTS: Stories (METAWOLF SERIES Book 10)>(R., John A.) Your Highlight on Location 793-793  2017-04-07 07:07:46
    [Note]fingers 

5. at least of one them was a Beta,
    <META PROMPTS: Stories (METAWOLF SERIES Book 10)>(R., John A.) Your Highlight on Location 945-945  2017-04-07 07:20:36
    [Note]one of

11. A wall of stink of age and decay permutated the floor to the last nook and cranny in the walls.
    <META PROMPTS: Stories (METAWOLF SERIES Book 10)>(R., John A.) Your Highlight on Location 2400-2401  2017-04-07 23:07:00
    [Note]permeated 

15. being potentially exposed to those of dozens of cool kids at the party itself;
    <META PROMPTS: Stories (METAWOLF SERIES Book 10)>(R., John A.) Your Highlight on Location 3111-3112  2017-04-08 04:19:32
    [Note]scratch off

19. He’d never been a fan of needles – where there actually fans?
    <META PROMPTS: Stories (METAWOLF SERIES Book 10)>(R., John A.) Your Highlight on Location 3696-3697  2017-04-08 05:57:59
    [Note]were

23. tense amongst the hectic airport crowd, tall, wide, his jeans jacket nearly bursting at its seems,
    <META PROMPTS: Stories (METAWOLF SERIES Book 10)>(R., John A.) Your Highlight on Location 4292-4292  2017-04-09 05:55:50
    [Note]seams

24. who looked surprisingly young for their mid-40ies, though not like the upper 20ies as she hoped.
    <META PROMPTS: Stories (METAWOLF SERIES Book 10)>(R., John A.) Your Highlight on Location 4696-4697  2017-04-09 06:38:29
    [Note]he

25. He even suspected even those two were just naïve pawns in somebody else’s bigger, more dangerous game, but he didn’t care.
    <META PROMPTS: Stories (METAWOLF SERIES Book 10)>(R., John A.) Your Highlight on Location 4700-4702  2017-04-09 06:39:10
    [Note]two even

27. was just always a bit off during the fight, his defenses sloppy, is attack imprecise.
    <META PROMPTS: Stories (METAWOLF SERIES Book 10)>(R., John A.) Your Highlight on Location 6018-6019  2017-04-09 22:40:01
    [Note]his

28. MetaPrompts 526: Ivan (MW1 1) These scenes take place before MetaWolf 1 (MW1 “Meta”).
    <META PROMPTS: Stories (METAWOLF SERIES Book 10)>(R., John A.) Your Highlight on Location 6031-6033  2017-04-09 22:41:31
    [Note]not as tge beginning of a new chapter

29. Him having to deal with bullies like Adam, Cole’s ‘leader,’ she having to deal with Cole’s brutality.
    <META PROMPTS: Stories (METAWOLF SERIES Book 10)>(R., John A.) Your Highlight on Location 6121-6122  2017-04-09 22:50:01
    [Note]her or he

31. Many boys used it to jump down into the cold lake to proof how daring they were,
    <META PROMPTS: Stories (METAWOLF SERIES Book 10)>(R., John A.) Your Highlight on Location 6403-6403  2017-04-10 08:07:39
    [Note]prove

32. In front of the grave with very few people other than the four wolves, Colt and the priest, Colt didn’t portray any emotion.
    <META PROMPTS: Stories (METAWOLF SERIES Book 10)>(R., John A.) Your Highlight on Location 6609-6610  2017-04-10 08:48:58
    [Note]betray?

33. What Bradley did understand, was Leviticus 18:22 and 6:35.
    <META PROMPTS: Stories (METAWOLF SERIES Book 10)>(R., John A.) Your Highlight on Location 6611-6612  2017-04-10 08:53:18
    [Note]leviticus 6 has only 30 verses

34. Colt had shown no hint of emotion about how he felt what about was going on.
    <META PROMPTS: Stories (METAWOLF SERIES Book 10)>(R., John A.) Your Highlight on Location 6623-6624  2017-04-10 08:55:07
    [Note]about what

35. heard you’re made it in Cali
    <META PROMPTS: Stories (METAWOLF SERIES Book 10)>(R., John A.) Your Highlight on Location 6648-6648  2017-04-10 08:56:57
    [Note]'ve

36. Where there still car accidents?
    <META PROMPTS: Stories (METAWOLF SERIES Book 10)>(R., John A.) Your Highlight on Location 6890-6891  2017-04-10 09:22:01
    [Note]were

38. “It’ll change. We will help change it. Every movement has a counter movement. And if that Reagan wins, change will happen quickly.” “I don’t like her, but I understand,”
    <META PROMPTS: Stories (METAWOLF SERIES Book 10)>(R., John A.) Your Highlight on Location 7566-7568  2017-04-10 11:51:44
    [Note]him

39. “they will always been taken care off because of my sacrifice.”
    <META PROMPTS: Stories (METAWOLF SERIES Book 10)>(R., John A.) Your Highlight on Location 7863-7863  2017-04-11 02:59:13
    [Note]of

• Like 3

Now I finished all the canon. I'd like to input my idea about a prompt.

I felt bad for Chris in the Wine prompt. I'd like to read about Chris joining the harem, even if only in an alternative universe.

• Like 4

@athanos. Thanks for your diligence. I've implemented all corrections in my masterfile (except: 15, 24, 33, 38).

Intriguing MetaDeprivation idea. Let's hope for good stimulus; and that my twisted mind can twist that prompt idea Meta-style!

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, JohnAR said:

Message for @Puppilull

Colt's intro song for the MetaMusical (Imagine him on the school boys watching Trent):

Can you make a playlist on YouTube?

Maybe with descriptions about where in the books they are supposed to be.

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Puppilull said:

A very fitting song, even if it kind of breaks my heart.

As always: Je suis Colt... 

20 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

:blink: ON the school boys? What was Colt doing???  ;) 

18 minutes ago, athanos said:

Can you make a playlist on YouTube?

Maybe with descriptions about where in the books they are supposed to be.

Timothy, my ever diligent editor. I think my MetaMac was naughty.

Athanos, Puppilull is compiling that, I think she's slightly behind ;-).

JAR

• Like 2