Quiero conocer a tu novio. Me gusta su actitud...

Thank you google translate!

No I'm totally not with it, i speak barely any Spanish. But he was super shy when I first met him, I've slowly brought him out of his shell. He's gotten very bold with me though so he does have a seductive attitude with me.

• Like 1

Thank you google translate!

No I'm totally not with it, i speak barely any Spanish. But he was super shy when I first met him, I've slowly brought him out of his shell. He's gotten very bold with me though so he does have a seductive attitude with me.

I figured you'd ask him to translate for you.

Latino/Anglo couples are a dime a dozen down here. I remember being at a dinner party years ago, four couples, all four mixed. We talked about it, laughed, and agreed opposites do attract. 

• Like 1

I figured you'd ask him to translate for you.

Latino/Anglo couples are a dime a dozen down here. I remember being at a dinner party years ago, four couples, all four mixed. We talked about it, laughed, and agreed opposites do attract.

When I talk to Monterrey Mexico for work I ask him to translate all the time :)

• Like 1

I tend to only learn the swear words and dirty phrases in other languages. #toowhiteformyowngood

I know a ton of those in Spanish. Not really any other languages though. It's time to branch out.

I tend to only learn the swear words and dirty phrases in other languages. #toowhiteformyowngood

I know a ton of those in Spanish. Not really any other languages though. It's time to branch out.

I'm happy to teach you Danish swear words. :lol:

• Like 4

Since I'm spending the day glued to the TV ( I may be a political junkie but this is strictly research for a story) I was wondering about Francine's political system. We know Victoria's a monarchy but nothing about Francine.

I hope you appreciate how much I like your story. It makes me come up with this type of shit! And throwing you a curve ball now and then helps keep you on your toes while you curse me for going off on ridiculous tangents.  :D

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Like 3

I would assume Francine has some form of democratic government, but given the story I never needed to delve into it beyond a very superficial level. Victoria's Monarchy was a plot point to give motivation for Arthur treating Nathan as he does beyond simply being the asshole dad. Once outside of that, all we needed was to know Francine's society held a more open concept for morality and other social ideas. Enough culture shock for Nathan even before he'd discovered his husband was a brothel owner. :)

• Like 3

OMG! Can't believe you actually bothered to give a serious answer! It was a stupid question, irrelevant to the story. I've been sitting in front of the tv since early morning. Work I'll deal with tomorrow. I keep switching between CNN, MSNBC and FOX trying to pick up details here and there for a certain chapter. I've actually written a couple of small scenes already! FYI - CJ's in Brooklin right now and he's been doing media interviews :D

• Like 2

OMG! Can't believe you actually bothered to give a serious answer! It was a stupid question, irrelevant to the story.

No it wasn't, Carlos. It was a perfectly legitimate question since Rother has power over people in authority via their secrets. Politicians would be perfect prey for him or members of the Court or whatever. Depending on the system Francine has, he might have to hide this in different ways, and this could end up being important for Nathan. After all he may get to know the customers too, and may eventually find out who are not in Rother's power and thus potential allies. Surely, not all the men there are cheating on their wives.

• Like 2

I admit I shook my head when I read Carlos' question the first time, but then thought about it. I can see people being curious about it under the circumstances. So I made up an answer.

If I thought it was 100% irrelevant I would have started my response with: "Carlos, stop being silly or I'll revoke your beta privileges and make CJ join a nunnery."

• Like 4

:rofl:

I just spent 15 minutes chatting with a bunch of late-teens, early twenties boys down the block. They all have jacked-up trucks and were affixing Trump signs to them. I was returning from Starbucks in my jacked-up Jeep and stopped to bullshit. The gave me shit about the Hillary shirt I've worn all day. Anyway, it proved kids CJ's age are politically aware and that made me happy. It's been fun to spend the day doing research even if my ass has left a permanent indentation on the couch.

That nunnery better be in the White House!

• Like 4

No it wasn't, Carlos. It was a perfectly legitimate question since Rother has power over people in authority via their secrets. Politicians would be perfect prey for him or members of the Court or whatever. Depending on the system Francine has, he might have to hide this in different ways, and this could end up being important for Nathan. After all he may get to know the customers too, and may eventually find out who are not in Rother's power and thus potential allies. Surely, not all the men there are cheating on their wives.

I think it is an important question, too. Nathans way is very much depending of the common understanding of personal freedom in this land. Where should he be safe, if peonage is the law and natural? I always thought of the Francine system like France shortly after the revolution, but this might be wrong, because it dosen´t seem so chaotic. So Carlos see, your are not alone with this thoughts. ;-)

Lyssa

And I sneaked into GA while at work just to read I&C :angry:

Nah, I'm exaggerating, but still :no:

I sneaked away too, for the first chapter. But I have an excuse: We had "stress-reduction at work" training this day and sneaking away and reading reduced my stress a lot. ;)

Nathan should stop beating himself up for things he can't help. He's still too much of a prude with pride. :rolleyes:

You are right. But who could in this situation. It would need so much reflection and a kind of analysis. I would be surprised if a person so lonely, hurt and young would be able without help. It is much easier to beat oneself up, instead of the abuser (literally in this case Rother). But I am an optimist. So I hope Nathan surprises me.