I'll bite:

Nathan pukes all over Rother and passes out from the pain.

He wakes up with Harston tending him.

Samatha has a fit and yells at Rother. Afterwards, she tries to talk to Nathan.

Blythe strangles Vivian. :lol:

LMFAO!

I don't know about anyone else but Mann scares me. The rabbits he pulls out of his ass hat always surprise the heck out of me. Yeah, I'm jealous he can evoke such stong reactions from readers. I wanna grow up to be like him.

The branding didn't shock me as much as it did others. But maybe it's because I've seen a couple of guys play tick tack to on the back of a kid strapped to a St George's cross with lit cigars.

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Like 1

Nathan has to survive first and than....there must be a change, otherwise there wouldn`t be a story to tell, which is worth the telling.  I see very many different ways the story could progress. 1. Blythe confess his love to Nathan after a long way of denying etc. 2. Harston and Samantha are rescuing Nathan. 3. Nathan gets a knife in his Hand an gets rid of the seal, yeah I know that will leave another scar. This are only the first three things, that spring up in my mind.

Nathan has to survive first and than....there must be a change, otherwise there wouldn`t be a story to tell, which is worth the telling.  I see very many different ways the story could progress. 1. Blythe confess his love to Nathan after a long way of denying etc. 2. Harston and Samantha are rescuing Nathan. 3. Nathan gets a knife in his Hand an gets rid of the seal, yeah I know that will leave another scar. This are only the first three things, that spring up in my mind.

He'll survive. I can't see him dying from a little burn like that.

Blythe may be his bodyguard but I don't think anything will take place between him and Nathan. He's still Rother's man and that would take a lot to change.

Personally, I hope Nathan uses his own seal to brand Rother. But I'm probably hoping for too much!

He'll survive. I can't see him dying from a little burn like that.

Blythe may be his bodyguard but I don't think anything will take place between him and Nathan. He's still Rother's man and that would take a lot to change.

Personally, I hope Nathan uses his own seal to brand Rother. But I'm probably hoping for too much!

I hope nobody burns anybody ever ever ever again! Sorry, personal reason of horror.  But over all I don`t think eye for eye works very good.

about Blythe: Burning someone by purpose is a big thing which could change a persons opinion about his Master.

LMFAO!

Yeah, I'm jealous he can evoke such stong reactions from readers. I wanna grow up to be like him.

Oh but you do evoke strong reactions, just of a different sort ... have you so quickly forgotten CJ's near rape and your readers reaction? I do have to warn you that burning/branding one of the characters in that tale will cause a very nasty reaction. Now I return you to the I&C forum ...

Edited by dughlas
  • Like 3

Oh but you do evoke strong reactions, just of a different sort ... have you so quickly forgotten CJ's near rape and your readers reaction? I do have to warn you that burning/branding one of the characters in that tale will cause a very nasty reaction. Now I return you to the I&C forum ...

LMAO! Thanks for the compliment!

I don't think you need to apologize for anything ... while many of us didn't like the branding it fit the character. That we hadn't recognized the potential is the same shocked disbelief Nathan experienced ... something outside our experience ... a wtf?!?!? moment. The way you wrote it fits with Rother's hurt and anger ... it wasn't gratuitous but rather just further evolution of the tale.

This is not the first story I've read on GA that had a chapter that mostly upset and yeah, horrified me ... something that made me say I don't think I can read any further in the story. I typically avoid dom/sub stories because there is a fine line that many cross and the story devolves. But I'll continue reading here because I trust you to make this a true and necessary part of the tale. I trust you to take this beyond simple cruelty to something worth the reading. Oh, and I hope that it's clear that this is not meant as criticism or censure.

• Like 5

I don't think you need to apologize for anything ... while many of us didn't like the branding it fit the character. That we hadn't recognized the potential is the same shocked disbelief Nathan experienced ... something outside our experience ... a wtf?!?!? moment. The way you wrote it fits with Rother's hurt and anger ... it wasn't gratuitous but rather just further evolution of the tale.

This is not the first story I've read on GA that had a chapter that mostly upset and yeah, horrified me ... something that made me say I don't think I can read any further in the story. I typically avoid dom/sub stories because there is a fine line that many cross and the story devolves. But I'll continue reading here because I trust you to make this a true and necessary part of the tale. I trust you to take this beyond simple cruelty to something worth the reading. Oh, and I hope that it's clear that this is not meant as criticism or censure.

Excellent comment. Plus, now I am more than ever curious where this will lead.

I'm waiting...

You're 17 minutes early...

For once it wasn't me :lol:

It was worth the wait - and Carlos, I think you need to say something really nasty about Rother this time, because Mann is obviously still trying to make us all dislike the man. :rofl:

My second guess on the list was wrong. :(

• Site Moderator

Rother is pushing a lot of buttons right now and if this keeps up I foresee Blythe, Samantha and Nathan ganging up on him for a world class telling off session. Personally, I think he needs some sense knocked into him because he is making himself and those around him miserable. 

And yes, I realize all three have a lot to lose but they - and Rother - have a lot to gain if they are successful. With the way things are going, I believe there will come a time when that is the only option left. Nathan can't leave and I don't think Samantha and Blythe would want to. 

As for how it's really going to play out only time and Mann will tell.

• Like 1

I hope Harston doesn't go back to Victoria, because Nathan's father might have him killed. :o He wouldn't want to run the risk of Nathan's valet knowing about his humiliation. :no:  I hope Blythe can help Harston find a position in Francine but far enough away from Delaga House that Rother won't come across him. 

Is this perhaps also a way of punishing Blythe for showing more concern for Nathan's well-being than his master's position and pride ?

• Like 1

True, now I'm wondering how Rother will react when he finds out his husband tried to run off to Victoria.

well, now we know :o:pinch::no:

And I was almost prophetic in my ch 43 review :

Probably a good way of making Nathan fear and despise Rother for a long time. Can't say I'm surprised.

I hope Nathan won't reject Samantha due to this experience, but perhaps that is another goal for Rother by doing this? Now he only needs to chase Harston off and tell Blythe to never say another word to his husband, and Nathan will be truly alone with nowhere to go and noone to turn to.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1
  • Site Moderator

I hope Harston doesn't go back to Victoria, because Nathan's father might have him killed. :o He wouldn't want to run the risk of Nathan's valet knowing about his humiliation. :no:  I hope Blythe can help Harston find a position in Francine but far enough away from Delaga House that Rother won't come across him. 

Is this perhaps also a way of punishing Blythe for showing more concern for Nathan's well-being than his master's position and pride ?

I fear you are correct Tim, Arthur would definitely be a threat to Harston's wellbeing .

Harston might consider a return to Victoria because I'm pretty sure his family would welcome him back, but I don't think he will leave Francine because then he would be abandoning Nathan. Harston's banishment from Delaga House wouldn't prevent him from seeing Nathan - with Blythe's help, of course. Because, unless Rother does not allow Nathan to leave D.H., I expect them to rendezvous when Nathan is out and about with Blythe. 

Uh oh, wish I hadn't thought of Nathan being confined to the house...

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2

This story is a great read and has wonder ul characters but I may have to give it up; even in fiction degradation is very difficult for me and Rother's character has passed insecurity and seems to enjoy his power over other through remaining them. I have seen real people act in this fashion (maybe not sexual power) and it is very disturbing. Matt you show the power of your prose - maybe too much for my tastes though

"Wake up, Lord Nathan. It's time to get up."

"Huh? What? Harston! Where am I? Where's Rother?"

"You've been having nightmares since your accident at the blacksmith's, my Lord. Would you like to relieve yourself? I'll remove your belt. Your father has requested you present yourself in his study. How did you know we're expecting a visitor from Francine named Rother?"

Nathan reached one hand to his neck, feeling the bandage which bound him a bit too tightly. His other hand went in between his legs to find the hateful device still in place. A moment of clarity came upon him, it had all been a dream.

The End of Part I

• Like 1

:lmao: Carlos, is this your way of redeeming Rother? Or shut us all up? :lol:

Both?

Part II will be here sometime in the near future, it won't be part of the Wednesday Morning Briefs and the chapters will be longer. My dear editor won't share his plans with me in advance, so I'm trying to plant nuggets of ideas in his mind. Rother is too damn good a character to discard so this is one way of keeping him around. :D

• Site Moderator

"Wake up, Lord Nathan. It's time to get up."

"Huh? What? Harston! Where am I? Where's Rother?"

"You've been having nightmares since your accident at the blacksmith's, my Lord. Would you like to relieve yourself? I'll remove your belt. Your father has requested you present yourself in his study. How did you know we're expecting a visitor from Francine named Rother?"

Nathan reached one hand to his neck, feeling the bandage which bound him a bit too tightly. His other hand went in between his legs to find the hateful device still in place. A moment of clarity came upon him, it had all been a dream.

The End of Part I

:lmao: Carlos, is this your way of redeeming Rother? Or shut us all up? :lol:

I'm going with the theory that he just finished watching that infamous Bobby Ewing shower scene on Dallas and it got him to thinking...

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 4

I'm going with the theory that he just finished watching that infamous Bobby Ewing shower scene on Dllas and it got him to thinking...

I know about that dream sequence but I never actually watched a single episode of Dallas. I was more of a Dynasty fan myself. Best cat fight ever! Alexis vs Krystal!