' Live-Poets Society ' – A Corner For Poetry

There is a typo honey, Dravan likhne ke jayge pe aapne dvaaran likh dia. And the English version is far more matured than the Hindi one.

First of all thank you for the complement. And is not 'dravan'( if you are think as it should mean liquid, you are wrong). Its actually 'dvaaran' which give the impression of 'by which' ~ 'jiske dvaaran'.

• Like 2

AC has provided us with not so few wonderful poetry prompts. You may start from there. Bonne chance, Sasha & Adi. Welcome.

If anyone is interested in starting with the Poetry Prompts, please know they are a full course in poetics. Please start with No. 1, then go to No. 2 and so forth; each lesson builds on the material learned in the preceding lessons. I'm saying the prompts are not a smorgasbord to be cherry picked from :) You must put in the work to get anything from them    

• Like 2

If anyone is interested in starting with the Poetry Prompts, please know they are a full course in poetics. Please start with No. 1, then go to No. 2 and so forth; each lesson builds on the material learned in the preceding lessons. I'm saying the prompts are not a smorgasbord to be cherry picked from :) You must put in the work to get anything from them

I know I've got a few left to do. It was good going through them all. It is work, but fun as well. Made perfect sense to start at one!
  • Like 2

More of my attempts at verse can be read here https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/blog/658/entry-16450-more-word-painting-with-added-sound/ Guaranteed free of any LPW influence ... ;) Comments, crits,, compliments all welcome.

...can you help a poor soul understand 'LPW'??? Google has let me down...

• Like 2

I completely agree with you. Poetry is the language of the soul but that is wrought with serious technique and requires many practice to catch that one perfect moment in the stream of eternity. Even in Vedas, which are known to be one the oldest works in literature and poetics, there are detailed discussions of how the words are carved out of the dazzling marbles of formless wisdom. Point to be noted is that Vedas are considered to be revealed literature by the orthodoxy.

"Words are carved

out of the dazzling marbles

of formless wisdom."

Amen.

• Like 4

...can you help a poor soul understand 'LPW'??? Google has let me down...

Last Post Wins - the game here which has 'infected' quite a lot of what I've written recently - prose and verse (you only need to look at my other, non-musical blog to see that) . Which is why I advertised this latest selection as being LPW-free. :)

• Like 3

Mr. Benus, 

Emotions fall softly

A deep sense of dread decries

And the noose tightens

No Mr. Benus, it's not you, it's me. Because,

Pretty boys are poison

They always strive to profane

A healer's poor heart

Smooching on short poems!!! :gikkle: Why not try some serious ones like Haiku and Tanka!!!??? ;)

• Like 1

By writing poems I might scooch

a little closer for a smooch,

it's very like a kind of drug,

to write and get a poet's hug.

Nothing like hugging poets I always say!!!

• Like 4