' Live-Poets Society ' – A Corner For Poetry

For Ben & Timmy:

Good poems frolic in the sun.

They bring Arctic Lights to the barren tundra.

They also manage to inundate the soils of Egypt

and blow khamsins over the salt flats of Kutch in the very same day.

Good poems deserve a kiss and a wink.

23/09/2016

:kiss:;)

• Like 2

I think this is a perfect thought and marvelously expressed!

New poems in Occasional Poetry. https://www.gayauthors.org/story/parker-owens/occasionalpoetry/46. Adi, take notes!

From the perspective of a young boy who was terrified of the thunder and would often find solace in the embrace of a motherly elder sister during the torrential monsoons famous in India, I absolutely adore the first one. And the second one brings me smiles to see such chemistry of words. Your boyfriend is indeed a lucky man, Mr. Owens, if you shower him with such delicate attention on a regular basis.

P.S. your form is very commanding.

• Like 2

Hear Tim! He speaks for me!

wait now! Do i? Oh frabulous day! Callooh! Callay! *see himself running amok, in Parker's name *

For Ben & Timmy:

Good poems frolic in the sun.

They bring Arctic Lights to the barren tundra.

They also manage to inundate the soils of Egypt

and blow khamsins over the salt flats of Kutch in the very same day.

Good poems deserve a kiss and a wink.

23/09/2016

kiss sounds more fun! ;)
  • Like 3

It seem I have a lot of luck,

for Tim will run for me amok,

so he can shout and holler more,

while I go to the grocery store...

:)

...wow...you don't get your muck at the grocery store, do you...? ;)

• Like 1

Ben has provided us with not so few wonderful poetry prompts. You may start from there. Bonne chance, Sasha & Adi. Welcome.

you're right! AC's poetry prompts are wonderful. Using different forms forces you to think, to be more creative, however, for me, poetry is heart and soul, especially soul, rather than smarts or form. But metre is important!
  • Like 3

You're going to get under my skin with this aren't you? I can feel you nibbling away there already.

Which is precisely what happened to me when Parker questioned my declaration that I could never write verse. I've written some since - I find the challenge both hard work and stimulating. :)

• Like 4

you're right! AC's poetry prompts are wonderful. Using different forms forces you to think, to be more creative, however, for me, poetry is heart and soul, especially soul, rather than smarts or form. But metre is important!

I completely agree with you. Poetry is the language of the soul but that is wrought with serious technique and requires many practice to catch that one perfect moment in the stream of eternity. Even in Vedas, which are known to be one the oldest works in literature and poetics, there are detailed discussions of how the words are carved out of the dazzling marbles of formless wisdom. Point to be noted is that Vedas are considered to be revealed literature by the orthodoxy.

• Like 3