I thought it was pretty cool to have a deaf guy wering gloves :) I woulda never thought of that, and I think it fit the theme perfectly :king: :read:B)

You keep this up Nicko and I'm going to have to name you my #1 fan... scary thought that huh?

:) I really loved this story, thought it was a difficult theme to build into a short story and make it work in the first place and love the twist you put on it with him being death and being silent in his own way. Really only have one complaint - i want more. Really liked the characters and would be good to read more about them. But really sweet story that worked the theme is extremely well. :)

I really enjoyed this story. It was definitely nice to see the focus of "acceptance for all" emphasized more here. I really liked some of the ambiguities. For example I assumed the "mystery boy" was gay and that was his motive for the Day of Silence, whereas I wasn't sure about Gabe and assumed his main motive was in furthering the acceptance of deaf people. However, was he also gay? And maybe into the mystery boy? (Probably not is what my gut tells me)

I guess I'd have liked to know more about Patricia. What made her someone that "no one would sit by". And was Gabe sitting by her to encourage her to be more accepting. OR was he sitting by her in a display of his acceptance of her? I'm assuming Gabe was the more stigmatized; however, if "no one sat by Patricia" perhaps she had her own stigma.

Anyway great story!

-Kevin

Love and Hisses Lugh,

I like the way that Gabe has a life that Dan, even though his best friend, has no part of and that Dan knows it. As is your way, you make it easy for the reader to fill in the blanks with their own preconceived ideas. The Day of SIlence brings awareness to the whole issue of bigotry and hatred that comes from ignorance and assumption. How we fill in those gaps of information in the story tell us where our own judgements lie. In my mind I assumed that no one sat next to Patricia because she was overweight (but not obese), ill tempered (obviously), and probably abused as a young child. All that from a short moment in time. The judgements and first impressions we make say more about us than they do about those whom we meet.

Oh, and I don't want to know about Mystery boy, he is a freak, what he does with cats is cruel and inhumane. The way he is using Gabe to get to Dan simply because Dan's little sister has red hair is disgusting. No more of that character please.

:king: Snow Dog

Ok

I heard this was the proper thing to do.... so thanks to the couple beta readers I had out there and a very special thank you to that one special man who patiently read it and fixed all my run on sentences... and if you think I'm giving out his name you're wrong cause some of you will try to steal him.... cause he's very busy and very special and I love him very much as an editor.... so there. Thank you my enigmaparadox.

Hey, it sounds like the story has changed a lot since the first time I've read it.

My internet's been down these last couple of weeks so I'm going to read it again when my time isn't limited.

I still need to catch up on Erebi Seeking.

• 6 months later...
This is definitely my favorite from your stories. I just loved it.

I never did things for Silence day. here, in Mauritius, we don't even talk about it. When is Silence Day? I mean which date?

In 2007 it will be April 18. The date fluctuates a little but is always in April (near the end). I've never done anything for it either. My son has, which I find interesting.

Lugh