Respond to this review

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

I was delighted when I saw a button called Respond to this review on the three great story reviews left on my Anthology story.

Now I could finally reply directly to reviews instead of using story comments. :2thumbs:

However, when I tried I got this error message:

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.
Error code: EX1054

Is the button a preparation for a later feature ? I can't recall seeing anything about it. I'm keeping my finger crossed, because it's a :great: idea.

• Like 4
  • Site Administrator

There's a pop-up reply option with the text editor, but I don't think it's rolled out for all author groups. I'd have to check that for sure with Myr as to when/if it's going to be live, however. Really, it's less of an interaction area and more of a spot that is for an overall review of the story for potential readers written by fans who've already read the story. And, to be fair, if a reader really wants to comment in a place where the author can reply, they can simply do so on the last chapter in comments and save the review area for an overall "hey, I loved this so you might too, prospective reader" promo. 

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Cia said:

And, to be fair, if a reader really wants to comment in a place where the author can reply, they can simply do so on the last chapter in comments and save the review area for an overall "hey, I loved this so you might too, prospective reader" promo. 

Or even better, in the story comment area. Some authors and readers are having fun with chatting there, e.g. @HinderToyBL's Crossing the Moon.

I'm OK as a reader with not getting replies to any story reviews. I have to confess, I'm not being diligent about writing reviews on stories. :*) 

But I'm pleased as an author that I'll be able to say :thankyou:  in a direct reply to those readers who have very kindly left reviews on my short stories. :yes: 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

But I'm pleased as an author that I'll be able to say :thankyou:  in a direct reply to those readers who have very kindly left reviews on my short stories.

You can always do it by tagging the reviewer and replying in the story comments section. I kinda like the uncluttered approach to story reviews. I think it's easier for prospective readers to hear overall impressions without having to deal with back and forth comments.

• Like 4
59 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

You can always do it by tagging the reviewer and replying in the story comments section. I kinda like the uncluttered approach to story reviews. I think it's easier for prospective readers to hear overall impressions without having to deal with back and forth comments.

Good point, and I've done that too, as well as liking the reviews of course. But if only the author can reply, it might not be too bad in the story review section.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator
  • Solution

With the update to 4.3.X version of the forums, the underlying software allows for a single reply to a review from the content owner.  This feature support has not been rolled out into the Stories Module (yet).  As I've been without useful internet since Friday, I'm a touch behind on the software stuff, so, it'll be awhile yet until that feature is in and working.  I think.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I noticed yesterday when I got a reaction to a Story Review I left, that it seems this is functioning now, as the Author responded to another member's review.

Are we allowed to start using it? I know there were some issues as addressed above, but want to make sure it was cool to go ahead.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator
13 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

I noticed yesterday when I got a reaction to a Story Review I left, that it seems this is functioning now, as the Author responded to another member's review.

Are we allowed to start using it? I know there were some issues as addressed above, but want to make sure it was cool to go ahead.

Yes, it should work now.  Not sure the notification is working for it though.

• Like 1
  • Love 1